Eclipse - Paradigm (Out October 11th, 2019)

Y&TForever

I actually really like the last few they have released, but wasn't too crazy about the first 2 tunes (United and Viva La Victoria).  I absolutely love this band, but I can already tell that this release probably won't be as good as Bleed & Scream, Armageddonize, and Monumentum, but I hope I'm wrong.  I'm just going to enjoy the music that I'm given...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

You're being tough on this one :)

For me, I often find myself tuning out on the second half of Monumentum after Jaded just because every song sounds like it could be the same song.  They're good tunes but just kinda all run together a little for me.  Except for Black Rain which is different, although I don't care much for that tune. 

I wanted a little more variety from them and I guess these Nordic sounds give it a little more unique feel to me or something.  I was iffy at first but it's grown on me.   Heck, even Mary Leigh grew on me....dumb title and all :lol:

All eclipse songs sound like they could be the same song lol. 

• My Little Pony

Not every song. But, since Bleed and Scream, it's like they have four songs they've been rewriting over and over. 

• Like 1

Have listened to the full album multiple times and I'm liking it a lot.  Not surprising since Eclipse is my all-time favorite band :)

There is definitely some same-y-ness to the sound, themes, and lyrics compared to past albums.  Battle songs, breakup songs, etc.  But the songs are still really good.  "United" and "Blood Wants Blood" are probably my favorites.  I'd peg this behind the last three albums for now but not by much.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lettard said:

Mine never bloody came...curse you Amazon!!!

Same!  I have an Amazon the next City over(15-20 min. drive), and I never EVER get new releases on release day.

the 2 which stuck out were Delirious and Mary Leigh but my god they are pushing fans patience now.

Delirious is good but only because they have re hashed every idea they've already had into yet another clone. 

First Eclipse album I won't buy. 

They seem to have run out of ideas. I just listened to it all the way through today and it does sound like one long song. Someone is fighting a battle in the middle of a storm. Musically it's the same guitar riffs over and over. I never thought this band would get boring but they have succeeded

Eclipse are like Axel Rudi Pell. They have found their style and they are sticking to it. Frankly, I don't get the fact that they're criticised for sounding the same (ish) on their albums. Now if they got criticised because the songs suck, I'd get it. But they don't. But if that is your criticism, fair play. 

The same riffs, one long song criticisms are ridiculous though imo. I can easily hear that that is not true. 

Edited by Mafisen

On 10/7/2019 at 9:30 PM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Not every song. But, since Bleed and Scream, it's like they have four songs they've been rewriting over and over. 

Yup. Pretty well everything he does basically sounds the same. 

So we can basically recycle the comments from the last album. Never bad. Never amazing. 

4 hours ago, Mafisen said:

Eclipse are like Axel Rudi Pell. They have found their style and they are sticking to it. Frankly, I don't get the fact that they're criticised for sounding the same (ish) on their albums. Now if they got criticised because the songs suck, I'd get it. But they don't. But if that is your criticism, fair play. 

The same riffs, one long song criticisms are ridiculous though imo. I can easily hear that that is not true. 

how exactly do you not hear the same riffs? Listen to Delirious and then listen to the last album. I'm fairly sure within 1 min of the first song you'll be hearing something very similar ;)

I agree with most comments, it's more of the same, adding that the tracks this time are not as good as some in Monumentum or Armageddonize. You experience some deja vu's with several parts of the songs...

The title "Paradigm" says it all, their model, while what they would have to do is a "Paradigm Shift" precisely.

However wouldn't say it's crap, just okeysh; won't enter my top-5.

My favourites are Blood wants blood, Never gonna be like you.

Edited by mrbandwidth

18 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Same!  I have an Amazon the next City over(15-20 min. drive), and I never EVER get new releases on release day.

Yeah makes you wonder why you pay for the release day delivery well in advance of its release,my sons are the same with their games they order...pretty much never turn up until a few days later by which time they could've went to the local Tesco and picked it up for the same price on release day..  :( 

Edited by lettard

Is it just me that likes this then ?

It probably is weaker than their last few efforts and the songs all do sound fairly similar which has been an issue for a while with this band but the songs themselves all sound decent enough to me 

Shelter me is a great ballad 

Edited by Gotthardline

10 hours ago, lettard said:

Yeah makes you wonder why you pay for the release day delivery well in advance of its release,my sons are the same with their games they order...pretty much never turn up until a few days later by which time they could've went to the local Tesco and picked it up for the same price on release day..  :( 

Yep

10 hours ago, Gotthardline said:

Is it just me that likes this then ?

It probably is weaker than their last few efforts and the songs all do sound fairly similar which has been an issue for a while with this band but the songs themselves all sound decent enough to me 

Shelter me is a great ballad 

Weakest album, but still good. Only 2 listen through's so far, my favs are - Mary Leigh, Blood, Delirious, Winter Ends, Masquerade.

I agree with many of the above comments.

I like their music, but they tend to repete themselves, and this is no good.

I have the same issues with Steel panther and Crazy lixx. 

It's the same song but It's a good song.

Ac/dc sold so many records playing the same song, I have never been a fan of Ac/dc .

Maybe I will buy the record anyway.

22 hours ago, crazynights said:

I agree with many of the above comments.

I like their music, but they tend to repete themselves, and this is no good.

I have the same issues with Steel panther and Crazy lixx. 

It's the same song but It's a good song.

Ac/dc sold so many records playing the same song, I have never been a fan of Ac/dc .

Maybe I will buy the record anyway.

The difference between a ACDC and these guys is that AC DC at least wrote about different things. This whole release has ridiculously similar subject matter and most songs and it usually consists of somebody is fighting a battle of some kind and some sort of inclement weather.

14 minutes ago, T-BONE said:

The difference between a ACDC and these guys is that AC DC at least wrote about different things. This whole release has ridiculously similar subject matter and most songs and it usually consists of somebody is fighting a battle of some kind and some sort of inclement weather.

imho this is better than AC/DC, despite of what they sing about. They could sing in Swedish for all I care, it would still be better :)

Edited by Invisible_man