Eclipse - Paradigm (Out October 11th, 2019)

Y&TForever

• 2 weeks later...

This is out in Japan....Spinning it today.

For me it's pretty good.  I think I like it better than I was thinking I might after I first heard the album samples.  I mean, it sounds like Eclipse through and through and it's good melodic hard rock.  I'd put it behind Armagedonnize and Bleed & Scream but might put it a tiny bit ahead of Monumentum just because it feels a bit more varied to me than that album.

Anyways, I'd say Delirious and When The Winter Ends are probably my favorite tunes.  Viva La Victoria and United have both grown on me a bit and I'm fine with those tunes.  I also quite like The Masquerade as that's got a cool vibe to it and it's nice hearing a more epic 5 minute song than their typical 3 minute rompers.  The rest is just kind of typical Eclipse for the most part.

I'm feeling like it'll slot in at my #3 spot this year behind The Defiants and Crazy Lixx. 

Edited by tts42572

Looking forward to this so I'll find out next Friday the 11th Oct  :( even if I had of ordered the japan release  it would probably not reach me until it has actually had its European release...I very rarely order japan discs...think my last was One Desire

Edited by lettard

On 7/5/2019 at 11:26 PM, The Rocker said:

Frontiers and Eclipse on FB have been saying something is coming on the 5th, so it's weird that no one has post ed here or there in a week!

Has a big "Krokus - Say Goodbye" feel to the verses guitar.

Great tune,looking forward to this next week ,although theres a bit around the 2.46 mark were I was sure he was gonna start singing Runaways...:P

Erik likes a good flag wave doesn't he? like summertime where I live :)

Edited by lettard

On 8/23/2019 at 1:09 PM, Thomas/Coastline said:

Reminding of Sabaton.

This comment is pretty ridiculous. There is no resemblance between the two. Lyrically perhaps a tiny bit, but if battle themed songs are all it takes there are thousands of bands that is similar to Sabaton. 

On 8/27/2019 at 10:11 PM, Y&TForever said:

I will say it again and again, I would rather have a song SOUND good to my ears and have tired lyrics than have it sound like sh!t and have brilliant/fresh lyrics.....

This, this, this. 

It's not enough to be able to pen a killer tune, musicians all have to be John Steinbeck too. AND write lyrics for each individual taste. 

Shouldn't be too difficult.

4 hours ago, Mafisen said:

This, this, this. 

It's not enough to be able to pen a killer tune, musicians all have to be John Steinbeck too. AND write lyrics for each individual taste. 

Shouldn't be too difficult.

music is not poetry, so melody hook is more important to me, and lyrics are secondary and don't need to be that great.......it is melody that get's me interested in a song

also most lyrics are not as bad as some people make them out to be

Edited by Invisible_man

what happened to this once great band?? 

just re-checked the last album and songs like Jaded, No Way Back, Born to Lead etc absolutely destroy this new stuff.

disappointing imo 

4 hours ago, Mr.AOR said:

If these first 4 songs were your fishing tackle box and you went fishing with it you would catch absolutely nothing as they have no hooks whatsoever.

😂

Funny but you're wrong. 

Edited by Mafisen

23 hours ago, Glen said:

just re-checked the last album and songs like Jaded, No Way Back, Born to Lead etc absolutely destroy this new stuff.

disappointing imo 

You're being tough on this one :)

For me, I often find myself tuning out on the second half of Monumentum after Jaded just because every song sounds like it could be the same song.  They're good tunes but just kinda all run together a little for me.  Except for Black Rain which is different, although I don't care much for that tune. 

I wanted a little more variety from them and I guess these Nordic sounds give it a little more unique feel to me or something.  I was iffy at first but it's grown on me.   Heck, even Mary Leigh grew on me....dumb title and all :lol:

23 hours ago, Glen said:

disappointing imo 

Agree you're bing tough on this one.
Will be interesting to see if you change your mind eventually as I've seen you done before.
Of course you may not just like it, which is fine.
For me the vocals always run in dasnger of being a bit samey, which means the music needs to be diverse, and from what I've heard, they are on track with this.
I can see that Blood Wants Bllod getting into my brain eventually...