Tyketto - Reach

Stefan

• My Little Pony

The album is what it is. Very good easy listening AOR/Hard Rock.

Doesn't compare to "Don't come easy" of course, but if you're a fan of Tyketto and Danny Vaughan, i can't see you not liking this.

I've loved these guys ever since i first heard "Forever Young". Unfortunately i don't think they've ever been able to live up to that magnificent track. Still enjoyable none the less.

When you think about it, it was kind of an odd track. They have no other song like it.

That is a bona fide 10/10 classic rock song and their best by a country mile.

I love "Wings" equally as much!

Neither are my favourite Tyketto tune. "Why Do You Cry?" is mine.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't compare to "Don't come easy" of course, but if you're a fan of Tyketto and Danny Vaughan, i can't see you not liking this.

I've loved these guys ever since i first heard "Forever Young". Unfortunately i don't think they've ever been able to live up to that magnificent track. Still enjoyable none the less.

When you think about it, it was kind of an odd track. They have no other song like it.

Its a great tune but not the monster that Forever Young is.

Its a great tune but not the monster that Forever Young is.

For me, close enough!

"Forever Young" is so killer!! Also loved "Wings" and "Burning Down Inside".

Yes!

• 2023 Gold Donors

Neither are my favourite Tyketto tune. "Why Do You Cry?" is mine.

I remember reading somewhere that "Why do you cry?" is Danny Vaughan's favourite track.

He said that when he's an old man, if somebody was to ask him what he used to do, he would play them that song.

• My Little Pony

End of the summer days is probably my favourite tyketto song

So good. And to be even more controversial, I prefer Strength In Numbers over Don't Come Easy.

What's going on in this thread? Let's everyone stop talking nonsense.

1. 'Why do you cry' is a fucking awful song. Basically the epitome of what led to this band's downfall. The piece of shit filler kind of song Great White could have written with the underside of their ballsacks in the early 1990s... if they wanted to stoop that low. But it's too shit a song for anyone else to bother writing. Awful song.

2. The only good songs Tyketto ever recorded are 'Forever Young,' 'Wings,' 'Standing alone,' 'Burning Down Inside' (despite the awful drums in the chorus), 'Strength in Numbers' and 'Rescue Me.'

3. The new album is dreadful. There's actually not a single song I don't hate. I rated it 48% and that is being very generous.

And that's it. Tyketto have a good reputation because they did effortlessly write two of the best songs "our genre" ever saw, as both 'Forever Young' and 'Wings' are without doubt 10/10 songs... but dudes, look at the whole picture. These guys were actually an awful band with 6 good songs... from 4 albums. Them's some horrible stats.

Very harsh assessment of the debut.

I agree the first 2 songs standout a mile but the rest of the album is hardly bad and nothing a would skip.

No song under 7.5 imo

• 2023 Gold Donors

What's going on in this thread? Let's everyone stop talking nonsense.

1. 'Why do you cry' is a fucking awful song. Basically the epitome of what led to this band's downfall. The piece of shit filler kind of song Great White could have written with the underside of their ballsacks in the early 1990s... if they wanted to stoop that low. But it's too shit a song for anyone else to bother writing. Awful song.

2. The only good songs Tyketto ever recorded are 'Forever Young,' 'Wings,' 'Standing alone,' 'Burning Down Inside' (despite the awful drums in the chorus), 'Strength in Numbers' and 'Rescue Me.'

3. The new album is dreadful. There's actually not a single song I don't hate. I rated it 48% and that is being very generous.

And that's it. Tyketto have a good reputation because they did effortlessly write two of the best songs "our genre" ever saw, as both 'Forever Young' and 'Wings' are without doubt 10/10 songs... but dudes, look at the whole picture. These guys were actually an awful band with 6 good songs... from 4 albums. Them's some horrible stats.

You are a hard, hard man sir. (And that's not a euphemism).

I agree the first 2 songs standout a mile but the rest of the album is hardly bad and nothing a would skip.

No song under 7.5 imo

Completely disagree, mate. I would skip six of the 10 songs. In my proposed new world of music, I will discard this album and keep four MP3's and never hear the other six songs again in my life.

1 - Forever Young - 10
2 - Wings - 10
3 - Burning Down Inside - 8.5
4 - Seasons - 6.5
5 - Standing Alone - 9.5
6 - Lay Your Body Down - 4.5
7 - Walk On Fire - 5.25
8 - Nothing But Love - 7
9 - Strip Me Down - 6
10 - Sail Away - 7
Total - 74%

I agree with Geoff on this one. Forever Young is an anthem for the melodic genre and the other songs he mentioned are also great. But as a whole I'm not a Tyketto fan.

No song under 7.5 imo

Guess I'm with Glenn here...I think the debut is pretty solid from top to bottom and pretty much follows the same formula throughout. I would think most people that like the approach of songs like Wings and Burning Down Inside would like the rest of the album as well....Most of the album is just upbeat, melodic AOR/rock or whatever you want to call it with over the top hooks, harmonies, etc.

I don't consider myself a Tyketto fan by any means. I loved their debut, was lukewarm on the second album and basically dismissed them when Vaughn left in the mid 90's. I never really paid much attention to his solo stuff and didn't care much at all for their last release Dig In Deep.

I'm liking the new album for the most part though which really surprises me. I just think it's put together pretty well. I agree it's not the same soaring, melodic style as their debut so can see why others might not like it. I still think it sounds pretty good overall though....It's probably hitting me at a good time as I've been wanting something new to listen to.

I have always compared the Tyketto debut to the Nelson debut. There's more balls on the Tyketto album, but to me they're basically the same formula. When they're good they're good... when they're bad, they're actually pretty bad. Same type of boppy pop/AOR tunes are bad on each album.

Zero filler on the Nelson debut. Classic album imo and easy top 5 of 1990.

I'll just say we've had this discussion and leave it at that. ;)

But seriously, even as a die-hard, you can't admit that tunes like 'More Than Ever,' 'Desire' and'Fill You Up' are fillers? Compadre? Really?

But seriously, even as a die-hard, you can't admit that tunes like 'More Than Ever,' 'Desire' and'Fill You Up' are fillers? Compadre? Really?

Fillers - holy shit are you serious????

'Fill You Up' is one of my favourite tunes ever

'Desire' is a monster rocker.....the chorus into solo is what I live for in my melodic rock.

and 'More Than Ever' has a mountainous hook.

Fillers - holy shit are you serious????

'Fill You Up' is one of my favourite tunes ever

'Desire' is a monster rocker.....the chorus into solo is what I live for in my melodic rock.

and 'More Than Ever' has a mountainous hook.

It's impossible to not sing along to 'more than ever'

Tyketto debut is a classic, it's just hard for some people to rate the album properly after being wiped out by the opening 3 tracks. I always thought if it didnt start so well and maybe had those tracks at numbers 3, 7 and 10 instead it might rate differently.

Agreed that everything after this has been very patchy and overall but very good!