Tyketto - Reach

Stefan

I've been listening to the new one a bit more, and it's actually growing on me a bit. I think the problem is one similar to other bands that have signature releases from 15-20 years ago: when you compare the new effort to the classic, it doesn't hold water, but if you compartmentalize and treat it as a stand-alone album or in relation to other current releases, it's not that bad.

Will it be in my top 5 for the year? Hellsno. Likely won't even make honorable mention... but that doesn't mean it's a BAD album. I've always liked Danny Vaughn's vox, so it's an enjoyable, if not memorable, listen (dang, seems like I've been using that phrase "enjoyable but not memorable" a lot lately...)

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bumping this up just to see if it's grown on Geoff :)

Nah mate, it still hasn't grown. I even sprinkled some fertiliser on it, but it wouldn't sprout. Piece of shit grows in the garden as good as it sounds!

Oh. Oh, wait. Sorry mate, did I misunderstand? You're asking if the music on the album grew on me? Oh man, I'm so silly. Sorry.

When I heard how bad it was a stomped on it and buried it in the garden and I thought you were asking if it had started growing yet. I think if it did, it would have shit on it's leaves instead of tomatoes. Trees I actually had planted around it died just from being next to it.

In summary, no mate, it definitely did not grow on me. It is a flaming piece of shit and the only way this could grow on me is if it didn't exist at all and if it was a good disc that some other band recorded instead. I hate it.

Not bad.

I agree. It's not bad. But it is awful. ;)

You whining little pig...or pug... :blahblah:

Bad music defender.

Not bad.

I agree. It's not bad. But it is awful. ;)

You whining little pig...or pug... :blahblah:

Bad music defender.

Well....well....your momma!

:( Dammit it! I'm outta here... :gone:

• 2 weeks later...

Not bad.