Tyketto - Reach

Stefan

What? That was it? Where's the chorus? If that's better than the first song (and I honestly don't know if it is or not) then I really fear for this album. That song is bland as shit.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the band needs to back to whoever wrote forever young and get more songs like that :)

I take it the band wrote those songs didn't they?

Anyway the new song is OK, but pretty by numbers....

The only Tyketto release I own is the debut.

When only the singer and drummer remain from the original lineup, what do you expect? It really just sounds like Vaughn solo album. Nothing at all to do with Tyketto or Don't Come Easy.

Correct!

This sounds worse than the last disc. :(

I liked a couple of songs of off the last one, but over all not really a good album.

• 3 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

Another song released. For me, this song is better than the first one but not sure that says much since I didn't like the first one much at all.

Hmm...

OK, I actually like that. I wasn't expecting much. In fact, I had been avoiding this thread. But, let us try out the other tunes.

Out of 4 songs, I dislike 2 and am lukewarm at best on the other two. I don't mind Big Money and I Need It Now....But don't like Scream or Reach at all.

I don't know what's missing for me. I loved their debut album and think Danny is a fine singer. I think it's just the songs themselves....They just don't soar and aren't melodic enough or something. It's probably more in line with his solo stuff than early Tyketto stuff....Which is why it isn't working for me.

After 4 songs this one is a pass for me.

Out of 4 songs, I dislike 2 and am lukewarm at best on the other two. I don't mind Big Money and I Need It Now....But don't like Scream or Reach at all.

I don't know what's missing for me. I loved their debut album and think Danny is a fine singer. I think it's just the songs themselves....They just don't soar and aren't melodic enough or something. It's probably more in line with his solo stuff than early Tyketto stuff....Which is why it isn't working for me.

Agree!

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody gotten this album? I've sampled all the songs on You Tube.....I've heard a couple songs I like better than some of the songs that we released.

Not sure if it's enough to get me to buy the album though....May just buy a few tunes off ITunes. After hearing all the tunes though it probably is their best release since the debut album IMO. It does sound pretty well put together and doesn't seem to have the almost "country-ish" vibe that I got from Dig In Deep. I know when I sampled those songs there was absolutely nothing that interested me. Honestly, after hearing all the songs I think 2 of the songs Frontiers chose to release are my least favorites that I've heard (Reach, Scream). Here's a couple I kinda like...

Agree!

I've been streaming this album and it really is better than I was expecting...I did have pretty low expectations though.

For whatever it's worth, I think Scream and Reach might be my two least favorite songs I've heard on the album. I'm not sure why Frontiers chose those plodders as singles to promote the album.

There are a handful of songs I think sound pretty good and this is the best I've heard them since their debut. I'll need more listens but it could be a grower.

• 2023 Gold Donors

The album is what it is. Very good easy listening AOR/Hard Rock.

Doesn't compare to "Don't come easy" of course, but if you're a fan of Tyketto and Danny Vaughan, i can't see you not liking this.

I've loved these guys ever since i first heard "Forever Young". Unfortunately i don't think they've ever been able to live up to that magnificent track. Still enjoyable none the less.

• My Little Pony

Doesn't compare to "Don't come easy" of course, but if you're a fan of Tyketto and Danny Vaughan, i can't see you not liking this.

I've loved these guys ever since i first heard "Forever Young". Unfortunately i don't think they've ever been able to live up to that magnificent track. Still enjoyable none the less.

When you think about it, it was kind of an odd track. They have no other song like it.

When you think about it, it was kind of an odd track. They have no other song like it.

That is a bona fide 10/10 classic rock song and their best by a country mile.

That is a bona fide 10/10 classic rock song and their best by a country mile.

I love "Wings" equally as much!