how do you eat your steak?

66 mustang

I like mine medium but I'm makind a transition to medium rare. was at GOLDEN CORRAL last night and they now have filiet's on the grill. got me 2 medium rare and they were fantastic. went back and just for kicks got one medium well and the difference in tast was unreal. medium rare had most of the taste cooked out of it. I can only imagine how well done is.

• My Little Pony

The only way I eat meat of any kind is well done...salmonella is something that I prefer to avoid...It's one thing to eat steak medium or rare but seeing people eat hamburgers that way is enough to put me off my feed... :)

Yeah, I don't understand you Americans and giving the option to have ground beef cooked anything less than well done. As for steak, I like it rare.

I like mine medium but I don't mind anything from medium rare to medium well. And I gotta have Heinz 57 steak sauce.

My wife on the other hand likes hers burned to a crisp. :yuck:

Medium for me. Dont like blood running everywhere...............

Burgers need to be well done tho..........man I had a 'bloody burger' once in Vegas and it was mingin. Just wrong.

Generally speaking I eat my steak with my teeth. Just sayin'. :D

Generally? So not always.

Yes, "generally." My therapist has advised me to leave it at that...

Well done for me too,no sauces or dips,just a plain well cooked steak,the bigger the better,for my 40th birthday a few weeks back my wife took me to our local "american steakhouse" for a 50oz sirloin :) it comes as a challenge ala man vs food etc but I only eat chips(fries) with mine so all the sides can take a hike,ate the whole steak...suprised myself there and got the t-shirt,although it is unfortunately emblazened with the slogan "I BEAT THE MEAT AT CHEERS!!!" which suggests that I did something at the resturant apart from eat :)

I like my steak medium, cooked with either Montreal steak seasoning, or if that's not available, a light dusting of garlic salt will do.

No sauces of any kind required.

*Just a note; several years back, the company I was working for at the time took us out for a Christmas party at the Outback Steakhouse. One of my fellow employees ordered his steak "cold center rare". I had NEVER heard of such a thing 'til that moment.

When the steak was brought out, it was literally surrounded by a pool of blood. No thank you. Anyone else ever seen someone down a steak like this?

Medium or medium rare, but a good steak has to be without any sauce at all for me. Nothing should get in the way of the flavour of a really good steak. Yum.

• My Little Pony

*Just a note; several years back, the company I was working for at the time took us out for a Christmas party at the Outback Steakhouse. One of my fellow employees ordered his steak "cold center rare". I had NEVER heard of such a thing 'til that moment.

When the steak was brought out, it was literally surrounded by a pool of blood. No thank you. Anyone else ever seen someone down a steak like this?

I've had blue rare. Might be the same thing. Although I only had a couple cubes, not a full steak. It was good, but I don't think I could handle a full steak that way.

Rare

In seventh grade we had this kid who had recently come over from Poland. During football practice the 8th graders would ask him if he "choked his chicken". He would reply "no, I chew it very carefully".

In seventh grade we had this kid who had recently come over from Poland. During football practice the 8th graders would ask him if he "choked his chicken". He would reply "no, I chew it very carefully".

:rofl2: