Closest any 80's band has come to capturing their vintage sound?

gener8tr

I'm one of those "If it ain't broke don't fix it" guys who wishes Bon Jovi was still churning out hit's such as Living On A Prayer. But that's an entirely different topic we could debate until the cows come home. Perhaps another day...

With that in mind, I ask y'all this: What 80's band(s) (album or song({s}) has / have done the best job re-capturing their vintage sound and style at any given point of time? Def Leppard did a good job with with entire Euphoia album, Bon Jovi has done a great job with a few songs here and there (It's My Life, We Weren't Born, etc.) and Journey has released a few awesome tracks along the way that could have fit onto Escape, for instance. Many bands have tried, but not that many have succeeded in my opinion.

So, give me your list... maybe I've missed a few along the way.

Van Halen has done pretty well with the new one of capturing the sound of their late 70's to the mid 80's David Lee Roth era.

Agree with all of the above. I would add Dokken- Lightning Strikes Again, and Whitesnake-Forevermore.

Great thread, but I can't think of any bands to add. For me, none of the examples listed so far come close to those bands' best albums from back in the day, although some are good efforts.

Great thread, but I can't think of any bands to add. For me, none of the examples listed so far come close to those bands' best albums from back in the day, although some are good efforts.

Yes, I agree. But for over 20 years later,these are great efforts!

Tesla have stayed true to their sound and never disappointed.

I probably shouldn't say this, but I hated 'Bust A Nut'... :anon:

Agree with all of the albums listed......cool topic!

And, I wanted to add Duran Duran's latest release!!

• My Little Pony

You're right. You shouldn't have said that. You should probably leave the HH forums and never come back.

While IV was a disappointment, Winger came back and knocked it outta the park with Karma in my opinion. A slightly more modern sound while staying true to their roots.

I probably shouldn't say this, but I ABSOLUTELY LOVED 'Bust A Nut'... :anon:

Hey me too! :beerbang:

;)

You're right. You shouldn't have said that. You should probably leave the HH forums and never come back.

Yeah, fair enough. It's been coming for a while to be honest.

Have been a huge Treat fan since "The pleasure principle" it was released and For me coup de grace is probably the best Treat album. Even better than TPP and Dreamhunter. :party421:

Have been a huge Treat fan since "The pleasure principle" it was released and For me coup de grace is probably the best Treat album. Even better than TPP and Dreamhunter. :party421:

I'm not allowed to talk about Treat. :whistle::D

I agree, Best Treat cd!

Mate, I'm sure you hate 'The great radio controversy' too, for some reason. You're a nice chap, mate, but your taste in music... wowser. ;)