What is the rarest album you own?

Motley Mike

Probably Riverdogs - Pervasive Influences and Blindside Blues Band - Smokehouse Sessions {2004} and Paul Sabu - Heartbreak {Long Island Release}......don't own that many actually......that I know of..

Loads of rare Porcupine Tree , Steven Wilson, Bass Communion and No-Man stuff

A particular fave is Longbranch Pennywhistle - s/t ... it's the band that Glen Frey of the Eagles was in with JD Souther before he started the Eagles (VINYL).

I'll have to have a look when I get home.

Maybe The Godz - Mongolians on CD.

I honestly have no idea what mine would be. I look over my entire collection and I'm not sure I have any "true" rarities. Not like the ones I see dudes here speak of.

Nothing warranting a safety deposit box rental but the rarest of the rare within my collection:

Marvelous 3 Hey! Album - the original indie version released on Marvelous Records

The Unknown Big Dreams

The Cult Rare Cult Boxed Set

Lillian Axe Love and War - original MCA pressing

The Babys Union Jacks and On the Edge - original Chrysalis pressings

Rick Santers 1st and 2nd Shot - Long Island Records (now that's how you introduce a classic to the cd format!)

The Babys Union Jacks and On the Edge - original Chrysalis pressings

Yeah I have all The Babys CD's on Chrysalis - I didn't realise the Chrysalis versions were rare until about a year ago.

On the matter of the Babys - I have the "Official Unofficial Babys Album" that came out a few years ago on ORK records and that's pretty rare now.

My rarest would I have to say is a local TUCSON, ARIZONA band called INNER FEAR that came out in 1992 it is silver pressed so it fits nicely in my all silver pressed quantity quality all silver pressed collection Oh a few facts on this cd 1. Only 250 were pressed 2. Me, Martinsane own 1, and one band member has 2 copies (one for sale at right price) the others ???? so would say its pretty rare, but I do own the more well known rarities such as CONCRETE JUNGLE, KIDD WICKKED, JILLSON, WHITE EAGLE just to name a few. BOY I love collecting cds!!!

I wouldnt really know whats that rare in my collection to be honest, I mean I never realised the Shake the faith Jap CD was considered a rarity, so who knows whats rare in my collection.

I know theres a Ted Nugent one thats tough to get hold of (cant remember which one) and then theres the Metal Shop and Metal Skool CDs, I spose.

I do have the Floyds Funk Revival one, which I know is kinda rare.

I think the Snakepit Rebels debut is a bit rare, maybe.

Other than those, I dunno.

One of the rarest I have now is Angel's 'Blowing Great Guns' 2 CD. Someone offered me a stupid amount of money for it a while back.

I have loads of others that are rare'ish and go for a few quid, but nothing in the major league.

I've got quite a bit of rare CDs (Taken, Sweet Teaze, Schoolboy Crush, Pretty Wicked, Dr Grind, Jillson, New Dynasty, Concrete Jungle, Eli....and I could go on).

But I think the rarest CD I have may be Soren - S/T. It was a demo only and I'm sure there aren't many copies floating around out there. Not sure it sells for as much as many of the rare CDs I own, but rarity wise I think that may be the one...but I'm not completely sure.

I've got quite a bit of rare CDs (Taken, Sweet Teaze, Schoolboy Crush, Pretty Wicked, Dr Grind, Jillson, New Dynasty, Concrete Jungle, Eli....and I could go on).

But I think the rarest CD I have may be Soren - S/T. It was a demo only and I'm sure there aren't many copies floating around out there. Not sure it sells for as much as many of the rare CDs I own, but rarity wise I think that may be the one...but I'm not completely sure.

That Soren disc is a good one and agree, it is a rare one, but probably wouldn't fetch the Friction kind of $$$, for what reason I don't know.

As James mentioned I have that Innerfear disc and with only 250 pressed I would say it is pretty elusive.

And as Steve mentioned, I have some of the staple rarities: Concrete Jungle, Emergency, Villan, but would say discs like Storm Within, Dead Serious, Hello/goodbye, Tresspasser, etc... are just as rare, just as good, but unknown to the masses.

The rarest cd I have, however, is from 2009! That's right, this year! Only 3 copies exist! The 3 discs were made at Ardent studios, one kept by the engineer and 2 given to the bands guitarist and in turn one was given to me! The cd in question is: TOP HEAVY CRUSH-S/T

The disc is brilliant and unfortunately do to extenuating circumstances will never see the light of day....

the 2 that come to mind.........

Tattoo / kings of the white trash neighborhood

Creamhouse / dont touch it , let it drip

two local Philly/Delaware groups that I have never seen for sale before:

BASTARD CHILD

THE LORDS OF METAL >>O.M.S.F.

DEFKON (SOUTH JERSEY)

LOVE REVOLUTION

DEAD END KIDS "YOU DON'T LIKE IT...WE DON'T CARE"

THE SCREAM CLAN S/T 1999

GHOSTDANCE TRIBE

NETWORK "CRASHIN HOLLYWOOD"

XLR8

ZYRIS

HEADS OR TALE

MY LOCAL TOP TEN

FRICTION - Baby Talk

JILLSON - Deadly Girl

KK WILDE - Rock N Roll

VICE - Made For Pleasure...no not the boot that's out there

WIG WAM - 667 Neighbor Of The Beast

BANSHEE - Take Em By Storm...original press not the recent band CDR

AM:PM - Running Out Of Time

ICON - An Even More Perfect Union...signed and numbered by Dan Wexler #2159 (only one in exsistance) ;)

MAD MAX - Night Of Passion...Fems Japan pressing

PYRACANDA - Two Sides Of A Coin

TYPHOON - Sometimes

I've got quite a few that are rarely played...does that count.... :lol:

:unsure: I did not think you owned any Poison CD's :lol: