Steel Panther

Glen

I think what Nick was saying is that yes, it would appeal to those of use here that like this stuff, but all those people who are buying their albums and going to their shows that arent buying all the great classic rock stuff that is loved here, would not buy into the band were it not for the humour.

I can say that a good portion of the crowd at Panther gigs would not be the sort of people you see at a Gotthard gig or a Reckless Love gig or a Crashdiet gig etc.

If not for the parody aspect, they would still be playing tiny clubs, would not be signed to a big label and would not have hit the UK album charts.

Hell, they certainly wouldnt have been played by Fearne Cotton on Radio 1 last week.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Seems like they've already recorded their new album, which probably won't get released until early 2011! Anyway, that's great news, especially if all new songs are as good as "Critter", which they've added to their setlist. Love it!

Steel Panther "Critter" live

Awesome news! Wow, let me know if you see any pre-orders available anywhere. :)

• 7 months later...

Some confirmed track titles from album of the year 2011:

"Tigerwoods"

"Tongue Punch in the Fart Box"

"Summertime"

"I Like Drugs"

"Supersonic Sex Machine"

"Do You Wanna Do Me"

"17 Girls In A Row"

Discreet as always. Titles that leave you guessing. :lol:

Salivating for the release of this one...

These guys would be so good if they just became a regular rock band rather than what they are.

These guys would be so good if they just became a regular rock band rather than what they are.

i honestly agree with that..

but lookin' forward to the new album as the music from the last album is truly killah!

Do they have a release date in mind?

Couldn't find one, mate. Couldn't see an album title yet either. Looks like it won't be in the immediate future, but hopefully this year. :)

As per the rest of this thread, I totally disagree with the above 2 posters, but let's not get into that again! :lol: Love the band just as they are and this new CD would be the most anticipated album to drop, for me, since Cauterize's demise (okay, and maybe the last Danger Danger and Treat CDs).

Whereas they put on a great show (have seen them twice now) and I'd definitely catch them live again, I'll skip the album as after a couple of spins the last one just collected dust and I know this one would too.

And would have probably sold a fraction of the albums they sold with the debut, and probably not sell out as many shows as they have as they would only have appealed to the old school crowd, rather than the wide ranging crowd that they currently appeal to.

You can bet your bottom dollar they would be playing the likes of the Camden Underworld in London rather than Shepherds Bush Empire and Brixton Academy, like most 80s style rock bands end up having to do.

And would have probably sold a fraction of the albums they sold with the debut, and probably not sell out as many shows as they have as they would only have appealed to the old school crowd, rather than the wide ranging crowd that they currently appeal to.

You can bet your bottom dollar they would be playing the likes of the Camden Underworld in London rather than Shepherds Bush Empire and Brixton Academy, like most 80s style rock bands end up having to do.

And it has been confirmed that they will be in Australia this year for Soundwave Revolution. That would certainly not have happened if they were another dime-a-dozen band either. :)

• 2 months later...

What comic 'Genius' are we gonna get this time I wonder? Something to do with Tits, Ass and Wet pussy would be my guess :whistle:

I just checked out the song 'Critter' (Have a good hard (pfff) guess what they rhymed that one with boys?...yeah correct, didn't see that one cuming (pfff) did we) and to be honest, it was crap. I do hope the actual songs will be as strong, if not better than on the first album, because it will fall flat on it's arse if it aren't

What comic 'Genius' are we gonna get this time I wonder? Something to do with Tits, Ass and Wet pussy would be my guess :whistle:

I just checked out the song 'Critter' (Have a good hard (pfff) guess what they rhymed that one with boys?...yeah correct, didn't see that one cuming (pfff) did we) and to be honest, it was crap. I do hope the actual songs will be as strong, if not better than on the first album, because it will fall flat on it's arse if it aren't

you see thats where we differ cos Critter to me just sounds like a continuation of the first album....just great straight ahead melodic rock with some great riffs and melodies.

If Critter is anything to go by, it will be another great album.

Honestly, people need to get over the lyrics as there are some fantastic rock songs over the years that have lyrics that were written by dyslexic monkeys, but I still love them because the tune is so cool.

Not everything has to be high art or the same old shit singing about love, rock, breaking up and the 1001 other cliches that we all listen to.

Love "Critter" (judging from the circulating live-clips) and I'm absolutely sure that I'll end up liking the newbie even better than "Feel the Steel".

When I heard FTS for the first time I was unsure whether I'd still like the lyrics after a couple of spins, but as a matter of fact (maybe because English ain't my native tongue) I still like them and seriously there ain't THAT much difference (as pointed out by others) between a Steel Panther song and a say Danger Danger song – they're just more to the point :tumbsup:

Judging from various interviews I even get the impression that Steel Panther have become more serious in their love for their music, so I wouldn't even call them a parody-band anymore, but maybe that's just me...

Now Jez, just know...

I would give you the stars in the sky

But their too far away

If you were a hooker you'd know

I'd be happy to pay

If suddenly you were a guy

I'd be suddenly gay

:quagmire:

You don't have to love their style but talented and very funny IMO.

Could this be my album of the year........... hoping so :)

Jesus, if this ends up being better than Night Ranger, Farcry, Edens Curse, Work of Art etc etc then I'll be the first to admit how wrong I was. But it won't be. In fact, I expect the band are busy working with groups of 14 year-old schoolboys helping them to come up with some new chorus-lines just as I write this...