Steel Panther

Glen

Yep, no longetivity in it.

I mean, its not like they have been playing sold out shows for over 6 years now is it.

That's because people like watching a comedy show. They are funny live and they are sucessfull paradying other peoples songs! I've seen them at The Viper Room. They do a great Round and Round by Ratt.

But the joke album will not stand the test of time, just like The Bad News and Spinal Tap albums don't.

Big difference there, mate. Bad News and Spinal Tap were terrible bands that could not back up the comedy with good music or songs. Steel Panther are first and foremost a killer hard rock band with a killer collection of songs.

that's what makes or so sad. They are a good band, they can all play and write a good song structure. But they have to resort to using school-boy lyrics.

I hate that it's come to this again, but as I was saying earlier, how "I love you babe, man I miss you now you're gone and I wish you'd come back so we could be in love again" is any less "schoolboy" than "I love your vagina babe, man I miss the way your tits feel in my mouth now you're gone and I wish you'd come back so I can spray my load all over you again." Sure, the wording is more explicit, but I live in a world where being rude and explicit does not automatically mean that the quality is any worse. It's just a different (and in my case) fresh spin on things. If being explicit meant an automatic deterioration in quality then that would make, for example, 'American Psycho' a bad novel?

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, no longetivity in it.

I mean, its not like they have been playing sold out shows for over 6 years now is it.

That's because people like watching a comedy show. They are funny live and they are sucessfull paradying other peoples songs! I've seen them at The Viper Room. They do a great Round and Round by Ratt.

But the joke album will not stand the test of time, just like The Bad News and Spinal Tap albums don't.

Nope.

Been listening to them for nearly 5 years now myself.

Still fucking funny, still fucking rock!

More dates:

Steel Panther, who return to UK shores this

week to support the legendary ZZ Top, will play the following two dates:

Newcastle Academy – March 18th

Brixton Academy – March 19th

Tickets go on sale Wednesday, October 26th at 9am.

More dates:

Steel Panther, who return to UK shores this

week to support the legendary ZZ Top, will play the following two dates:

Newcastle Academy – March 18th

Brixton Academy – March 19th

Tickets go on sale Wednesday, October 26th at 9am.

Where are the Aussie dates? :)

It did. I'm sorry, I missed your point. I said good luck to them but I personally did not see a reason they should record again as I did not personally ever like their music. Never, at any point, do I wish them any bad luck or no success. Jeez, if they can sell millions and "make it" good on them! That's my point - I may not like these guys, but I certainly wish them no failure - I'm just not interested in them. You're actually hoping Steel Panther fail because you don't like the lyrics.

I just do not think you see your hypocrisy in your 'Good Luck but No Need...' response to Little Caesar because you are not a fan.

On that note, I have grown tired of Steel Panther threads again. On to bigger and better things on this board like....'The Indian Freddy Krueger!' thread. :blink:

'Good Luck' to Steel Panther. May they be bigger and better than any band in the world and sell millions of CDs with the same kind of songs and lyrics...although I see no need for them to release another CD of the same tired comedy act with ridiculous lyrics under a new band name as the many times before.

(My sincere statement :D )

Yes! these guys fucking blow! It's on to more important boards, with far more intellect! like the freddy krugers an indian board! these guys are fucking good, if your playing with a childs attention span, "oh my god, they talk about boobies, and pee pee's" then you make a big deal out of the lyrics, other then that, just enjoy the killer melodic rock they produce!!

By the way, this WAS NOT A SHOT AT SUICIDE!! unless suicide was taking a shot at Geoff???? just a little short wired on these fucking anti steel panther posts, from people that put way to much thought into one of the most simplistic bands available!!

My local paper had an article on Steel Panther and talked with Michael Starr about their chart topping album.

Favorite line:

Darryl Sterdan: Gene Simmons took Polaroids of groupies. What do you take to remember them by?

Starr: We don't really like to take pictures of chicks; we like to keep the memory. Because when you're totally hammered and partying, chicks look way hotter than they do when you're sober. We prefer to leave it looking like they did when we were drunk.

LMAO!

I've held back on commenting on this band so far. Whilst there is no denying many of these songs are catchy as hell, I'm in with the group of people that are put off by the ultra cheesy lyrics.

I've held back on commenting on this band so far. Whilst there is no denying many of these songs are catchy as hell, I'm in with the group of people that are put off by the ultra cheesy lyrics.

Yeah because most of the other 80s hair bands dont have cliche cheesy lyrics.

Name your top 5 favorite bands. Would love to know so we can see just how amazing the lyrics in those bands might be.

Sorry but the cheesy lyric argument is dumb. All the 80s hair bands had cheesy lyrics.

Are you saying because Steel Panther is more blunt it makes it worse? I mean cmon Whoooaa hey hey hey fuck all night and party all day....is that really any cheesier than Slaughter singing Up all night, sleep all day?

LOL whatever.

The point is that Spinal Tap parodied the heavy metal bands that were singing about dragons and mythical creatures etc, while Panther is parodying the lyrics of the hair metal and glam bands. Take a song like Yeah you want it by D2 or Lets put the X in sex by Kiss, and show how silly they are by blowing them up.

Its exactly the same thing Tap did, but the genre is different.

If the lyrics were toned down, it would just be another 80s hair band not a parody band!

Yeah because most of the other 80s hair bands dont have cliche cheesy lyrics.

Name your top 5 favorite bands. Would love to know so we can see just how amazing the lyrics in those bands might be.

Sorry but the cheesy lyric argument is dumb. All the 80s hair bands had cheesy lyrics.

Are you saying because Steel Panther is more blunt it makes it worse? I mean cmon Whoooaa hey hey hey fuck all night and party all day....is that really any cheesier than Slaughter singing Up all night, sleep all day?

LOL whatever.

Wow, you must really be passionate about this band to get so upset over my opinion. People speak rubbish about bands I listen to all the time and it doesn't bother me one iota.

You're right though, all the 80's "hair bands" had some cheesy lyrics. But as you said, Steel Panther phrase things in a more blunt way than many which is what I think puts me and many others off this band. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the band, and I'd probably go and see them if they toured here, but I tired of listening to the CD very quickly and I have to put it down to me not liking the lyrics. I'm not pretending I don't listen to bands with cheesy lyrics, hell, my favourite band is Whitesnake - plenty of cheesy lyrics there, but plain and simply - I don't like the lyrics on the Steel Panther disc. And I don't have to. Just my opinion though, no need to get upset mate. Chill.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/st...your-xmas-sack/

Steel Panther to release christmas song

Ooooh! What will that be about?

Santa Claus jizzing in your Christmas stocking? Sticky White Christmas?

Rudolph the red dick reindeer?

I'm sure I'll laugh, once!

Tc

Steel Panther has released an amazing cover of Journeys "Dont Stop Believing!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Stop-Believin/d.../ref=dm_ap_alb4

You can also hear a sample of Sexy Santa!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Sexy-Santa-Explicit/...556&sr=8-19

I can't hear it on my phone but have they changed any of the words to Journey's epic? I really hope they haven't.

Steel Panther has released an amazing cover of Journeys "Dont Stop Believing!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Stop-Believin/d.../ref=dm_ap_alb4

You can also hear a sample of Sexy Santa!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Sexy-Santa-Explicit/...556&sr=8-19

I can't hear it on my phone but have they changed any of the words to Journey's epic? I really hope they haven't.

Nope this is a fantastic cover! (no explicit lyrics or changes)

A lot of people says this album just old quick but I been listening to it non stop for a few months now and I am still loving it

Yep, been listening to it regularly, more than any other CD this year and I love it as much as I did the first spin. :)

A lot of people says this album just old quick but I been listening to it non stop for a few months now and I am still loving it

Yep, been listening to it regularly, more than any other CD this year and I love it as much as I did the first spin. :)

Im also listening to Metal Shop's Hole Patrol a lot

Funnily enough I was listening to it at work earlier this evening (with Pussy & Tits added on as tracks 13 and 14), and I was still singing away to myself, cracking a smile and laughing at certain moments.

Never gets old!

Funnily enough I was listening to it at work earlier this evening (with Pussy & Tits added on as tracks 13 and 14), and I was still singing away to myself, cracking a smile and laughing at certain moments.

Never gets old!

I was playing in my office a couple of days ago with "Pussy" playing and was laughing my ass of as well.

I got a look from one of my co-workers like "what the hell is he laughing at" .

Never gets old!

backed and 'pussy' and 'tits' are excellent songs full stop. Esp 'Tits'...man that song kicks my arse....killer solo, and f funny to boot.

Cant wait to hear the xmas song!

Cheers