concerts

rickinmd

• 3 weeks later...

Just got home from seeing Roxette supporting by 1927. 1927 were actually pretty good, and ten times better then what they were when i last saw them about 10 yrs ago. Also completely different lineup. Again. According to wiki new album out in a month or two. Dont hold breath.

Roxette were pretty damn good, though they had to turn them up after a few songs. Biggest shock was how weak Marie Fredriksson looked. She stood in the same spot most of the night. Still sang her heart out though.

• 3 weeks later...

Got FM - 25th Anniversary of Indiscreet at the weekend.....really looking forward to this gig..FM are still a great live band and seeing them perform the whole of Indiscreet will be really special!!

Romeo's Daughter are supporting too so hoping to hear a few tracks off the new album which is supposed to be great!

For me tomorrow night it's Van Halen with....Kool And The Gang as the opening act? Odd mix, but true.

Saturday Night (March 10th):

WILDSTREET and DEFYANCE in Hagerstown, MD.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from Steel Panther in Zurich...and what can I say: simply STUNNING show!! :headbanger:

Because the planned location was sold out within a couple of weeks, it was moved to a bigger venue and it still was a sold-out show...must have been around 600-700 people, which is nothing short of amazing!

It's easy to see why they attract way bigger crowds than all 80s bands (Bon Jovi, G'n'R, Crüe and Def Lep aside): They are simply better! Absolutely flawless playing and singing plus highly entertaining and participating with the crowd. About half of the crowd must have been (hot) girls and everybody knew the lyrics.

I say, everybody who predicts that they are soon gone is dead wrong: This is only the beginning, because in the end it doesn't really matter whether their lyrics are explicit (at least for non-natives). I predict their next album is going to enter the Swiss charts around rank 10-20, same goes for Germany and the Scandinavian countries.

I have two tentatively lined up:

Summers at Wedgewood Rooms, Portsmouth 11/04 - From what I've heard, they're a bit Def Leppard so might be worth seeing.

The Gosport Festival - Mostly local/covers bands but Girlschool are headlining Friday and Dr & The Medics Saturday - I saw Girlschool back in 1993 so I'm curious to see what they're like these days.

As mentioned elsewhere, I would really like to go to Bloodstock this year. I'm only interested in the Saturday, as Sanctuary and Testament are both playing, plus the headliner is yet to be announced.

The organisers have said, "To say we are excited is an understatement! This is the biggest metal act we have ever had and a band we have wanted to see at Bloodstock for years.. we’re all just gutted we can’t announce them until 6th June at 6pm but it’s definitely worth the wait!"

Any guesses? Announced 6.6.6 ... Slayer?

As mentioned elsewhere, I would really like to go to Bloodstock this year. I'm only interested in the Saturday, as Sanctuary and Testament are both playing, plus the headliner is yet to be announced.

The organisers have said, "To say we are excited is an understatement! This is the biggest metal act we have ever had and a band we have wanted to see at Bloodstock for years.. we’re all just gutted we can’t announce them until 6th June at 6pm but it’s definitely worth the wait!"

I'm sure it will slip out before June. If the band is that BIG there is no way to keep it quiet for that long. And why would they want to keep it quiet...? If they really have a headliner they would announce it so it would boost ticket sales.

I'm sure it will slip out before June. If the band is that BIG there is no way to keep it quiet for that long. And why would they want to keep it quiet...? If they really have a headliner they would announce it so it would boost ticket sales.

Yeah, but they say they can't announce it for contractual reasons or something.

Rumours at the moment suggesting Machine Head (which bears no relation to 6.6.6 as far as I know and would definitely put me off going to the festival) and Mercyful Fate. The latter would make sense and fit with the vague clues we have. Probably more likely than my guess.

Yeah, but they say they can't announce it for contractual reasons or something.

Rumours at the moment suggesting Machine Head (which bears no relation to 6.6.6 as far as I know and would definitely put me off going to the festival) and Mercyful Fate. The latter would make sense and fit with the vague clues we have. Probably more likely than my guess.

As we've previously discussed elsewhere, I may not be held responsibile for my actions if it's Mercyful Fate ... I'd happily sell my grandmother to the glue factory to see THEM! Sadly, Machine Head are being mentioned in connection with a lot of UK Festivals this year ...

As we've previously discussed elsewhere, I may not be held responsibile for my actions if it's Mercyful Fate ... I'd happily sell my grandmother to the glue factory to see THEM! Sadly, Machine Head are being mentioned in connection with a lot of UK Festivals this year ...

Nooooooooooooooo!!! Please please please not Machine Head!

I really want it to be Mercyful Fate now, just to see you go :explode: with excitement! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Flying to see the Cult in Tempe, Arizona on June 22 touring in support of their new album Choice of Weapon which comes out May 22.

The wait is killing me! Absolutely love the lead off single For the Animals!

Definitely recommend the masses check this one out over at Itunes! Monster!!! :party421:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw Night Ranger last Thursday. First time seeing them. They were AWESOME! Played all the hits plus a couple songs off the new album as well as a Doors song and Ozzy's "Crazy Train". Best part is they really looked like they were having a great time up there.

GOTTHARD last week at a release party for their new disc. As already mentioned in the First Impression thread it was a good concert with a strong new vocalist Nic Maeder. He started off rather nervous, which is understandable as it was their first concert in Europe, but he was able to gain his confidence quickly.