- Guns N'Roses + Sebastian Bach

- Great White + Brian Spence

Next concert:

23th February - Rhino Bucket

• 1 month later...

Lined up at the moment

The Levellers and Wonderstuff (support) - Manchester Academy 18th March

John Waite - Rogerthorpe Hotel, Pontefract 26th April

Ginger and Jackdaw 4 (support) - The Witchwood Ashton-u-Lyne May 3rd.

Going to see Rush tonight in West Palm Beach, FL. "Moving Pictures" in its entirety.

I would kill to see Rush live and even more for Moving Pictures played in it's entirety.

It was awesome...Seeing "Witch Hunt" and "The Camera Eye" made it all worthwhile.

Chris, I`m off to see them in May, how good did The Camera Eye sound?

Did they play anything off their up coming new album other than Caravan or BUB2?

Going to see Rush tonight in West Palm Beach, FL. "Moving Pictures" in its entirety.

I would kill to see Rush live and even more for Moving Pictures played in it's entirety.

It was awesome...Seeing "Witch Hunt" and "The Camera Eye" made it all worthwhile.

Chris, I`m off to see them in May, how good did The Camera Eye sound?

Did they play anything off their up coming new album other than Caravan or BUB2?

My tickets for Maiden still haven`t come yet, show isn`t until July but ordered these last year and have never had to wait more than a few weeks for tickets.

My tickets for Maiden still haven`t come yet, show isn`t until July but ordered these last year and have never had to wait more than a few weeks for tickets.

I think some ticket agencies now rely on the organisers/promoters to send the tickets. I ordered the Levellers ones as a Christmas present for my missus back in November but the tickets only turned up a couple of days ago

Having said that I did phone and ask where they were back in December only to be told they would be sent out a couple of weeks before the gig.

If you're worried mate give them a bell or eMail...at least it'll put your mind at rest.

I think some ticket agencies now rely on the organisers/promoters to send the tickets. I ordered the Levellers ones as a Christmas present for my missus back in November but the tickets only turned up a couple of days ago

Having said that I did phone and ask where they were back in December only to be told they would be sent out a couple of weeks before the gig.

If you're worried mate give them a bell or eMail...at least it'll put your mind at rest.

Cheers Nick, I had a look into this and it says that tickets may be posted two weeks before but contact them if nothing received a week before.

I had forgotten about this thread...

Last night was KIX and the Cherry People (w/Michael Fath)

Tonight... is KIX again. :beerbang:

• 1 month later...

Well off to John Waite Tuesday at Pontefract.....nice surprise is that John Parr is 2nd support. Hope I manage to get there in time....should do.

Then it's Jackdaw 4 and Ginger the following week or so :)

Well off to John Waite Tuesday at Pontefract.....nice surprise is that John Parr is 2nd support. Hope I manage to get there in time....should do.

Enjoy the John Waite show.

I'm so glad I got to see John Waite (solo). I actually only went to see him because a local band called The Ravyns was the opener. I've gotta say.. I was highly surprised at how good John Waite was. I saw him with Bad English 3 or 4 times also... but his solo show was great.

Sepultura kicked ass last night and played quite a few old tunes (Troops Of Doom) :banger: Belfegore and Hated also kicked ass.. Missed Bonded By Blood and a couple more bands :crying:

Next gig, Farcry at the Mexicali in Teaneck.

Special guests include The Jersey Syndicate and Jaded Past..

The band really don't play much in Jersey, so take advantage while their around,,

I'm so glad I got to see John Waite (solo). I actually only went to see him because a local band called The Ravyns was the opener. I've gotta say.. I was highly surprised at how good John Waite was. I saw him with Bad English 3 or 4 times also... but his solo show was great.

The Ravyns? Is that the band Kyf Brewer was in before Company of Wolves? Anything like his work with the Conti Bros? Always loved Call of the Wild.

The Ravyns? Is that the band Kyf Brewer was in before Company of Wolves? Anything like his work with the Conti Bros? Always loved Call of the Wild.

Yes.. Kyf Brewer and Rob Fahey shared the vocals for the Ravyns. You can check the sample and buy the disc here if interested... http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ravyns

In my Top 20 of all-time.

Yes.. Kyf Brewer and Rob Fahey shared the vocals for the Ravyns. You can check the sample and buy the disc here if interested... http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ravyns

In my Top 20 of all-time.

Appreciate that. I'll check it out.

• 4 weeks later...

Only show I've seen this year is Stryper, but they were on top of their game yet again. (Local heroes Shok Paris opened up for them. Musically, they were great; vocally, not as great.)

I was going to see Skynyrd/ZZ Top tonight, but a few months back, it came to light that the owner of the venue was a supporter of our jackass governor here who's trying to plunder our salaries, pension, and healthcare, annihilating over 300,000 families in the state. So, yeah, I'm skipping out on this venue. (Should prove interesting come TSO-time this year.)

Hoping to find some other shows between now and TSO.

Leaving for ROCKLAHOMA on Wed. morning at about 4:00 AM. Then when I get back it's LOUDNESS, then CRACK THE SKY, and then FASTER PUSSYCAT.

Leaving for ROCKLAHOMA on Wed. morning at about 4:00 AM. Then when I get back it's LOUDNESS, then CRACK THE SKY, and then FASTER PUSSYCAT.

wow, a huge party there friend, have fun :beerbang:

wow, a huge party there friend, have fun :beerbang:

ROCKLAHOMA should be a blast. Only a few bands on the "main stage" I want to see. S. Bach, Whitesnake, Poison,& Crue. Just saw Bach and Whitesnake at M3 last week and they were by far the worst two band to play all weekend. I hope they both just had an off night as Whitesnake was down right boring and Bach just didn't sound good. Black Label Society is playing a "side stage" as is Adelita's Way. Then , of course, there is the Retrospect stage where I will spend most of my time.

:party421:

well i believe Sebastian Bach is never good playing/singing live since his heydays anyway. I remember watching a bootleg of Skid Row live in Japan 92, and he just scream all over with a lot of off-key singing, but he got his charm that keep his going i guess :D

but i'm surprised with Whitesnake, how boring are you talking ? is it because of the setlist or their performance ?

• 2 weeks later...

well i believe Sebastian Bach is never good playing/singing live since his heydays anyway. I remember watching a bootleg of Skid Row live in Japan 92, and he just scream all over with a lot of off-key singing, but he got his charm that keep his going i guess :D

but i'm surprised with Whitesnake, how boring are you talking ? is it because of the setlist or their performance ?

ROCKLAHOMA UPDATE:

Again Whitesnake was very disappointing. The set list was pretty much the same... a lot of good songs left out (I do understand when you have as many releases as Whitesnake some songs must be left out). It seems to me that songs are being left out based on wether or not Coverdale is capable of performing the songs. His voice may have been a bit better than at M3... but still left much to be desired.

As for Bach... Was just as bad at Rocklahoma as he was at M3. He has totally lost it.

On to Motley Crue... The good news was that Vince remembered most of the words to the songs... The bad new was he forgot what key to sing them in. The Crue had its moments but put on a fairly lackluster performance. Another disappointment all in all.

Now for Poison. Most people here know I am not much of a Poison fan at all. Though not one of my favorite bands I have always said that they do put on an entertaining show. As much as I hate to admit.. Poison was, in my opinion, the best performance on the main stage. True that Bret can't quite sing (or try and sing) like he used to but his performance came of as the most sincere and inspired of all the main stage bands. I would have to say that as far as crowd response goes Poison got the most.

RETROSPECT STAGE:

Wildstreet put on their usual solid show both times they played. Two things amaze me about Wildstreet... A vast majority of the fans know all of their songs (including the new songs), and they have fans ranging in age from 10 to 50 years old.

The Glitter Boys play the Retrospect stage every year. With each year their fan base increases. The Glitter Boys are all about fun. Not the most thought out songs in the world but their lyrics are about having fun... and that's what it's about. Their set was complete with balloons and beach balls as well as half of the crowd on stage with the band. This band is all about "the party".

Black Tora also played the Retrospect stage again this year. This may be the most talented band to play the whole festival. A great crowd for both sets and a great show both times.

Pretty Little Suicide was not bad.. I've seen them on a few occasions and they are a decent live band. The sets they played were a bit drab this time. They did have a couple sound issue though.

Blue Tiger played one set on the stage. Not a huge crowd but a very strong set none the less.

Alias played on two occasions. Not a bad band... just somewhat uninspired on both occasions.

Mock Star was a cover band comprised of some great musicians. It was great to hear some covers actually... and this band was great. They played songs from the Bulletboys, Living Color, and Van Halen. Both times they played they ended with a killer cover of Night Ranger's "Don;t Tell Me You Love Me".

Every year there is a band or two that come out of nowhere and blow me away. This year there were two. The first being Loveblast. Very cool songs and very talented to boot. If you haven't heard these guys yet... check them out.

The other band that came from nowhere to grab my attention was DIEMONDS. They hail from Canada and actually have a few releases already. DIEMONDS is a female fronted band that knows how to rock. This band by far had more energy than any other band at the whole festival. Man this chick can sing... such a powerful voice (and she isn't afraid to use it). I kept thinking this band was a perfect mix of Priest and Warlock. I picked up both discs they had with them and they have been spinning ever since. This was my favorite band at the festival. Keep an eye out for this band.

I do want to give a shout out to the band Bad Things. Bad Things would be much better suited for a biker rally but after 3 years of seeing them on the Retrospect stage they have grown on me to the point that I actually picked up their CD this year. A great bunch of guys who play all over the Tulsa area. You've got to respect a hard working band who goes out and plays original music.

~ All in all a great time at Rocklahoma this year. I believe they claim that Sunday (Poison, Crue, and Papa Roach) set an attendance record for Rocklahoma. Oh... and Eddie Trunk even made an appearance over at the Retrospect stage.

few local gigs on the weekend just past....

Imogen Brave w/ Wretched Hearts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgxkkFllG0Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6mGXmgpkpM

Airbourne w/ The Cassanovas + Rock City Riff Raff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF0TRKZzyew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FisefWtxd3E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY1qt9njqpg

• 1 month later...

Got to see Gang Green last night at the Brighton. I got to meet the band and had a drink with Chris (Doughty).

Their set was cut short, due to some assholes Spitting beer at Chris.. :2up:

Cool band opened for them called The F* Bombers (Kinda like Joan Jett with balls)