concerts

rickinmd

Looking forward to SAXON tonight (Friday). I've only seen SAXON once and that was at Rocklahoma a couple years ago. Can't wait to see a proper hour and a half set... not the 40 minute festival set. Also looking forward to seeing them in a small general admission club (Jaxx in Springfield, VA.)

Looking forward to SAXON tonight (Friday). I've only seen SAXON once and that was at Rocklahoma a couple years ago. Can't wait to see a proper hour and a half set... not the 40 minute festival set. Also looking forward to seeing them in a small general admission club (Jaxx in Springfield, VA.)

That would be a flippin dream to see Saxon in a pup blowing the roof off, you magnificent bastard you!

• 2 weeks later...

WITHIN TEMPTATION on Nov 24. My birthday ...., should be fun ! :party421:

• 4 weeks later...

2 more days ... !! :party421:

Just got back from the Reckless Love gig and they fucking nailed it again.

The split the set nicely between both albums, and those big Leppard style gang vocals really carried over well to the live performance.

Support band was musically not my cuppa, but the singer certainly was in her leather hot pants and cleavage revealing vest top.

From memory the set list broke down something like this:

Reckless Love:

Beautiful bomb

One more time

Sex

Romance

Wild touch

Badass

Back to paradise

Animal attraction:

Animal attraction

Hot

Speedin

On the radio

Born to break your heart

Dirty dreams

Switchblade babe

2 more days ... !! :party421:

sounds fun there, could be a best bday gift for you :christmas:

And it was !! :beerbang: :beerbang: Great concert !!

The split the set nicely between both albums, and those big Leppard style gang vocals really carried over well to the live performance.

Support band was musically not my cuppa, but the singer certainly was in her leather hot pants and cleavage revealing vest top.

They were absolutely brilliant - even better then when they toured the debut! Loved every second.

Off to see Fish at the weekend at a local club - huge nostalgia value - will the first time for years. Hoping for a few Marillion classics and a healthy dose of Vigil!!

They were absolutely brilliant - even better then when they toured the debut! Loved every second.

Yeah, third time I have seen them now and this was probably the best so far, partly because Olli seems to really be getting to grips with the English language and being able to talk between songs.

The Eddie Murphy lines from Delirious made me laugh "How many of you are 18? See, you dont know how to fuck!"

Off to see Fish at the weekend at a local club - huge nostalgia value - will the first time for years. Hoping for a few Marillion classics and a healthy dose of Vigil!!

This was utterly brilliant and my surprise gig of 2011. Went along expecting not much but got to witness probably the best acoustic gig ive ever seen. The part where he wandered into the crowd to sing 'Vigil' was absolutely surreal...having someone sing 2 feet in front of you was a bit unreal to be honest....powerful and emotional.

Whats more he played for 2 hours 15 minutes, without break.

Gig of 2011 without a shadow of a doubt.

This was utterly brilliant and my surprise gig of 2011. Went along expecting not much but got to witness probably the best acoustic gig ive ever seen. The part where he wandered into the crowd to sing 'Vigil' was absolutely surreal...having someone sing 2 feet in front of you was a bit unreal to be honest....powerful and emotional.

Whats more he played for 2 hours 15 minutes, without break.

Gig of 2011 without a shadow of a doubt.

A friend of mine (who joined this very forum, albeit very briefly) went to the same gig with his missus. He described it as "utterly fantastic ". Sounds like a great night.

I saw them with Donnie last December in a tiny club in London, and despite Donnie suffering with a throat infection, they were bloody fantastic.

Was some really cool chemistry between Donnie and Chip, which was cool and seems to show all differences have been put aside since their falling out.

I saw them with Donnie last December in a tiny club in London, and despite Donnie suffering with a throat infection, they were bloody fantastic.

Was some really cool chemistry between Donnie and Chip, which was cool and seems to show all differences have been put aside since their falling out.

Thats good to hear. I saw them in a really really itsy bitsy club on the Strength tour and they were on fire. At the time Monaco and Parent were in the band and it was really a site to see! As you said Chip and Donnie are great together, both toop shelf musicians and performers.

I remember when I met Chip after the show without DV, I asked him for a photo and an autograph and he was gracious and had a chuckle saying "Go get a couple bucks on Ebay for that."