concerts

rickinmd

I saw them support Poison back in 93 and the whole band came outside the venue beforehand and hung out with the fans.

My mate offered Chip a chip (fries to you) and he stole the whole pack, then gave them back because they had Vinegar on .. heh heh.

December is going to be a slow concert month for me.

December 16th - KIX

December 17th - KIX

December 30th - CHILD'S PLAY

Just booked Steel Panther @ Brixton - 31st March !!

Very tempting. Who on earth are The Sirens?

Who cares lol !! this will sell out 9am tomorrow, so get in there fast.

Ah well, no money to get tix now, so will miss out. I'm determined to see them live one day though.

Ah well, no money to get tix now, so will miss out. I'm determined to see them live one day though.

I booked my ticket at 12:30 last night, so they may not sell out that quick. Quite pricey this time though.

As for the Sirens, are they supporting again?

Last time I saw Panther at Brixton they supported (they are basically a bunch of exotic dancers who dance to rock music).

Tonight:

Spread Eagle/ Kix :party421:

I was considering going up for the KIX show tonight... But I'm going to the Raven's game in Baltimore on Sunday, so I figured I could wait til next weekend to get my KIX-FIX. Hitting the shows in PA. & MD. next weekend.

Tonight:

I was considering going up for the KIX show tonight... But I'm going to the Raven's game in Baltimore on Sunday, so I figured I could wait til next weekend to get my KIX-FIX. Hitting the shows in PA. & MD. next weekend.

Steven was sick, I hope he feels better on the future dates. Steve told the crowd out of the 35 years doing shows, This was the worst one he ever done and apoliguised to the crowd. Kix still put on a great show and my friends thought it was great as well. I think it's a crime, that Kix never became a household name like Crue and Poison. They are a far better live band..

Spread Eagle? Didn't do anything for me at this show.

I did find a Ronnie 10/10 Blue Vultures guitar pic on the floor.. :tumbsup:

Just got back from seeing Crue, Leppard and Panther ... fucking amazing gig.

Motley were certainly the show stealers for me, with Steel Panther second and Leppard a small distance behind.

Actually made it to the front row by some miracle, and got fake blood spat on my four or five times by Nikki Sixx (I kept challenging him to spit more), and had a couple of buckets of water thrown over me by Tommy Lee, so I am in fucking heaven.

Just got back from seeing Crue, Leppard and Panther ... fucking amazing gig.

Motley were certainly the show stealers for me, with Steel Panther second and Leppard a small distance behind.

Actually made it to the front row by some miracle, and got fake blood spat on my four or five times by Nikki Sixx (I kept challenging him to spit more), and had a couple of buckets of water thrown over me by Tommy Lee, so I am in fucking heaven.

SWEET!

Tonight:

Steven was sick, I hope he feels better on the future dates. Steve told the crowd out of the 35 years doing shows, This was the worst one he ever done and apoliguised to the crowd. Kix still put on a great show and my friends thought it was great as well. I think it's a crime, that Kix never became a household name like Crue and Poison. They are a far better live band..

Spread Eagle? Didn't do anything for me at this show.

I did find a Ronnie 10/10 Blue Vultures guitar pic on the floor.. :tumbsup:

Steve was pretty sick for both shows over this past weekend. He went to the doctor after the New Jersey and was told he should cancel any upcoming shows for the next couple months. It appears that this may be more serious than just a cold. By the way he was talking it seems like it is possible that the 30 years of singing may have taken its toll on his voice.

On another note... Last nights show was held at a Fire Hall. Good thing as about 3 songs into the set a fire started on the stage. One of the stage lights on the side of the stage shifted and came into contact with a curtain and caught it on fire. Smoke filled the stage and the first 10 or so rows of fans. All the fire men we the security force at the show and they swarmed the stage and put out the fire. The show was delayed for about 25 minutes or so.

be catching up with him

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow night (Friday 12/30/11)... CHILD'S PLAY Reunion.

I'm so looking forward to this one... It has been forever since I've seen Child's Play with Brian Jack. I've decided to skip going out on New Year's Eve and hit this show instead.

I'm so looking forward to this one... It has been forever since I've seen Child's Play with Brian Jack. I've decided to skip going out on New Year's Eve and hit this show instead.

The whole day prior to this show I was trying to lower my expectations for this show so I wasn't let down. Child's Play hit the stage with "Good Ol' Rock and Roll" and from that instant I knew that a let down wasn't possible. Nicky Kay was spot on with guitar playing and Idzi (who I hadn't seen in nearly 20 years) was still holding his own on bass. And as expected, John Allen was a beast on drums. Two or three songs into the set it became evident that Brian Jack had been drinking heavily prior to going on stage. Brian's drinking didn't effect the songs, as his voice was surprisingly good. His between song banter did slow the show down a bit... but not to the point that it influenced my enjoyment of the show itself. There was a pretty good crowd considering it was the night prior to New Year's Eve. The set consisted of every song from the "Rat Race" release plus an couple of covers, including an AC/DC song. Child's Play also pulled out a couple old unreleased songs from their past, which nearly the whole crowd was singing along.

All in all this was a great night. It isn't often when a band can take you back in time like Child's Play did last night. Tons of emotions were flowing through me the whole night.. You have to remember that I had probably seen this band 30 or 40 times back in the day. When Child's Play was an active band was probably some of the best years of my life. It was great to be able to reflect back on those days.

It was also cool to run into people I hadn't seen in 20 years... There were a ton of old Hammerjack's regulars at the show. I was even approached by some guy who I didn't recognize at all. He called me by my name so I started chatting with him. I was somewhat embarrassed when I had to ask him who he was... turns out he was a guy who I worked with and went to a few shows with back in the mid-80's.

I don't think Child's Play could reunite and play shows like KIX has... but I am glad that they were able to do it for this one very special night.

The whole day prior to this show I was trying to lower my expectations for this show so I wasn't let down. Child's Play hit the stage with "Good Ol' Rock and Roll" and from that instant I knew that a let down wasn't possible. Nicky Kay was spot on with guitar playing and Idzi (who I hadn't seen in nearly 20 years) was still holding his own on bass. And as expected, John Allen was a beast on drums. Two or three songs into the set it became evident that Brian Jack had been drinking heavily prior to going on stage. Brian's drinking didn't effect the songs, as his voice was surprisingly good. His between song banter did slow the show down a bit... but not to the point that it influenced my enjoyment of the show itself. There was a pretty good crowd considering it was the night prior to New Year's Eve. The set consisted of every song from the "Rat Race" release plus an couple of covers, including an AC/DC song. Child's Play also pulled out a couple old unreleased songs from their past, which nearly the whole crowd was singing along.

All in all this was a great night. It isn't often when a band can take you back in time like Child's Play did last night. Tons of emotions were flowing through me the whole night.. You have to remember that I had probably seen this band 30 or 40 times back in the day. When Child's Play was an active band was probably some of the best years of my life. It was great to be able to reflect back on those days.

It was also cool to run into people I hadn't seen in 20 years... There were a ton of old Hammerjack's regulars at the show. I was even approached by some guy who I didn't recognize at all. He called me by my name so I started chatting with him. I was somewhat embarrassed when I had to ask him who he was... turns out he was a guy who I worked with and went to a few shows with back in the mid-80's.

I don't think Child's Play could reunite and play shows like KIX has... but I am glad that they were able to do it for this one very special night.

Jealous..............

Jealous..............

This is all I can find so far...

Not very good sound at all... maybe others will pop up over the next few days.

Jealous..............

This is all I can find so far...

Not very good sound at all... maybe others will pop up over the next few days.

I just found out today that this show was recorded and may see some type of release.

:party421:

Very Cool Dave. Thanks for being candid in your review. Hopefully this show will be released.

• 2 weeks later...