concerts

rickinmd

8 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

She doesn't really get it.

She's heard heaps of slaughter growing up but she won't realise until the show.

Had dinner with her tonight and they are doing all 3 shows which surprised me, I thought they'd only do Melbourne.

I've been trying to get them to do a cover to kind of engage the audience. Will depend on how many songs they get to do though.

But yeah, it's kinda cool to have her on the same gigs as bands I grew up listening to.

I can see Dareen singing the old Cyclone Tracy classic " Don't Tell Me What To Do"

On 12/21/2023 at 5:19 AM, Geoff said:

Yeah, I’d be stoked to see Lynch Mob play the debut. It was crazy when I saw them because I thought I loved every song off those first two albums, but they seemed to pick any borderline slower bluesy number and avoided all the big catchy melodic songs. It was so weird. Wish I could remember the set list… I wonder if I can find it somewhere.

If this one is going to be one of their final shows, I’m pretty sure they’ll play all the classics. But yeah, bummer that Oni won’t be there, I assume. 

I got my tix, even though the Skid Row haven't been refunded for over 2 months.

I'm overseas at the moment but will chase that up when I get back.

I never did Tyketto, excepylt from hearing forever young on some compilation.

Love the song, but for some reason never explored the band.

So now I get to have a completely new band to me, and I'm pretty impressed.

I made the average setlist playlist from setlist.fm and have been loving them

Songs have aged well.

Also gave the cruel intentions a go and they pretty much suck balls.

• My Little Pony
10 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Love the song, but for some reason never explored the band.

That surprises me. 

There are probably other bands I've missed out on.

It was a little different in Australia.

I remember buy stryper at a record store because they looked different in yellow and black.

Get home, put it on and it was my first (and pretty much only) Christian rock experience.

Metal Edge and Hit Parade etc were always on the shelves a month at least after the US 

There were no music forums to have bands recommended, no YouTube, radio was just mainstream rock.

I'd got to Bali and fill my suitcase with bunches of black market cassettes and buy the records if I dug them.

That's how I got into Heavens Edge, LA Guns, XYZ, Faster Pussycat, and heaps of others.

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

There are probably other bands I've missed out on.

It was a little different in Australia.

I remember buy stryper at a record store because they looked different in yellow and black.

Get home, put it on and it was my first (and pretty much only) Christian rock experience.

Metal Edge and Hit Parade etc were always on the shelves a month at least after the US 

There were no music forums to have bands recommended, no YouTube, radio was just mainstream rock.

I'd got to Bali and fill my suitcase with bunches of black market cassettes and buy the records if I dug them.

That's how I got into Heavens Edge, LA Guns, XYZ, Faster Pussycat, and heaps of others.

Yeah, but the Internet...

I was born at the end of our favourite era, and so I didn't grow up listening to Melodic Rock on the radio, or seeing the music videos on TV. I discovered most of it online starting in 2006. And Tyketto have a pretty strong following, so I heard about them frequently enough to prompt me to check them out. 

• 2 weeks later...

DiAnno is touring here.

Just got a message that he'll be here in a week.

Not sure about this one.

I've never seen him and possibly a bucket list concert as he'll be playing maiden apparently.

Would love is he played some DiAnno and gogmagog as well.

Maybe I'll look up his average set list and decide based on that.

2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

DiAnno is touring here.

Just got a message that he'll be here in a week.

Not sure about this one.

I've never seen him and possibly a bucket list concert as he'll be playing maiden apparently.

Would love is he played some DiAnno and gogmagog as well.

Maybe I'll look up his average set list and decide based on that.

Didn't even know he could still tour after his knee issue, but looking he started touring again last year in a wheel chair.

His solo output has been erratic at best.

Have to say he does win the prize for one of the worst covers I have ever heard

• 1 month later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Saw Don Dokken & Co.  back in Nov,good show - vox were ok but not a single tune off the new record...he needs to take 'Kiss Of Death' and 'Dream Warriors the hell out of the setlist already....was hoping for 'Fugitive' didn't get it....