Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

It's a bit of event when I see a film, but my wife and I saw another this evening;

Hobbs & Shaw (Fast & Furious) - picked this one up for my wife for Christmas, her being a big Dwayne Johnson fan. Aside from it being the longest movie ever recorded, it was pretty cool. Quite funny in places. Somewhere along the way action and sci-fi/fantasy seem to have merged together and that's what action seems to be these days, but that's cool. Good entertainment, I guess, if taken in sensible doses. ;) Only thing I was really bummed about was that all the scenes in "Samoa" were actually shot in Hawaii. Silliness. 

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, Invisible_man said:

Brightburn (2019) - an alright thriller/horror movie, like evil Superman mixed with Omen

I still haven't seen this. How does it compare to Chronicle?

On 12/27/2019 at 6:24 AM, Invisible_man said:

Ready or Not (2019) - pretty fun horror/thriller. Actress Samara Weaving looks almost exactly like another actress Margot Robbie

Who looks like Jaime Pressly.

Image result for my name is earl

On topic went to the theater with my son and saw Spy's In Disguise which was really quite good.

Sorry, can't fap to that. I'm related to Elvis by the Pressler (Bressler) family from Niederhochstadt, Germany/Sweden.

Happy New Rockin' Year greetings from Thomas.

Bohemian Rhapsody, Ive enjoyed Queen since the mid 70s. Ive never bought a lot of their music though. Other bands Id rather pay for. My son gave the DVD to me for Christmas. I enjoyed it. Its a good story, which I already knew. But seeing it, not reading it was better. :)I probably would have eventually watched it on TV, but wouldnt have bought it. Freddie Mercury had the imagination & flair to take the band places they probably wouldnt have gone without him. Another 70/80s era band that could over fill stadiums. I can see them still being very popular today if Mercury was still alive. And I loved the version of the band with Paul Rodgers. Havent watched or heard them with Adam Lambert though. In all enjoyed the movie. :tumbsup:

Rambo Last Blood - this was a dark and trippy instalment. More like Sly's later pics which are more character based rather than action, although it has it's fair share of action and violence. Preety good.

Jumanji The NExt Level - not a bad follow up, but not as good as the last one. Fun and easy to watch, follows the same predicatble formula.

• 2 weeks later...

Once Upon a time in Hollywood - nice drama about friendship, an unexpected ending though, but fun. Also yet another nod from Tarantino to Spaghetti Western and Italo crime movies

Scary Stories to tell in the dark - a fun thriller/horror and coming of age movie. Not too scary, but very engaging. Reminded me of It, but not as long.

Edited by Invisible_man

Also saw Once Upon A Time In Hollywood - agree with comments above, but a long and at times boring film.

Star Wars Rise Of Skywalker - way less cringey lines in this one than recent releases. I really enjoyed it - wound up well, and probably the closest that we've had to the first 3 movies (IV, V & VI) as far as the way it was directed and produced. Shame all the others weren't made the same way.

22 hours ago, Invisible_man said:

Scary Stories to tell in the dark - a fun thriller/horror and coming of age movie. Not too scary, but very engaging. Reminded me of It, but not as long.

Haha. I'm such a pussy these days when it comes to horror films. I found quite a few parts in this super creepy. Cool enough film... but yeah, creeped me out a bit. ;)

On 1/1/2020 at 4:43 AM, Thomas/Coastline said:

Sorry, can't fap to that. I'm related to Elvis by the Pressler (Bressler) family from Niederhochstadt, Germany/Sweden.

Eh? What does she have to do with Elvis?  Not even related. (hell, not even the same surname.)

• 2023 Gold Donors
16 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I decided to pick up the original 1989 version of Pet Sematary the other day as not seen it since it came out.

I've never forgotten the scalpel to the Achilles scene. Brutal.

Uncut Gems was kinda hard to watch. Lots going on all the time talking wise, which got annoying. Worth staying for the ending, but won't watch again.

1917 was kinda cool to watch as it is shot as if it is one long camera shot, but not in a POV way. Story was ok, predictable at times, surprising at others.

Ford v Fararri was ok. I am a big fan of F1, so was happy to give this a go. Just an average car flick I guess. Seems after all the avengers and DC stuff, movies have transitioned to more real life gritty type flicks (see above 2 as well)

16 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I've never forgotten the scalpel to the Achilles scene. Brutal.

Ditto, but it was the double header of that and followed my the mouth slice .. winced back then and winced again now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker (2019) - it was okay much like the previous 2 films in the trilogy...I still prefer Rogue One and Solo to the last trilogy...

Underwater (2020) - this was a decent flick although it could have been better...

Spies In Disguise (2019) - fun animated flick...

Onward (2020) - another good animated fliock...

Spencer Confidential (2020) - really enjoyed this one, I hope they make it into a regular series of films...

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker (2019) - it was okay much like the previous 2 films in the trilogy...I still prefer Rogue One and Solo to the last trilogy...

You're not wrong.

I might have to check the others you mentioned.