T3nors (Hilli/Hitchcock/LaBlanc) - Naked Soul

Stefan

New single 'April Rain' from the album 'Naked Soul'.

And ADV ruining everything...

From Frontiers:

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce T3nors, a very special new AOR project. Two of America’s greatest AOR singers, Robbie LaBlanc and Toby Hitchock join forces with one of Sweden’s finest AOR singers, Kent Hilli to form the vocali trio of T3nors. These absolutely outstanding vocalists have come together on one glorious melodic rock album, "Naked Soul", which will be released on February 10, 2023. 

The story behind this record actually dates back quite a few years as Frontiers has been wanting to do a “three tenors” type of record for quite some time. Given the extremely high level of AOR vocal talent that the label has worked with in the past and continues to work with today, the idea never really lost steam. The issue was always finding the right pairing of three singers and the timing for the individual singers to have holes in their schedule to record. With the onset of the global pandemic in 2020, everyone's availability, for better or for worse, became more flexible and the idea started to become reality. 

Pairing Robbie, Toby, and Kent together seemed an ideal team up and all three were enthusiastic about the idea when approached to participate. The rest, as they say, is history.
Kent Hilli is the newest of the three singers on the scene, but has quickly made an impact with the albums he has released with his main band Perfect Plan, as well as being the new frontman for GIANT, solo material, and guest appearances with Restless Spirits, the melodic rock project from Lords Of Black guitarist Tony Hernando. 

Toby Hitchcock is an American singer known for his solo albums as well as his work with the esteemed melodic rock genius Jim Peterik in Pride Of Lions.

Robbie LaBlanc is an American singer, guitarist, and songwriter known for his work with Blanc Faces, Find Me, a project with The Murder Of My Sweet drummer/producer Daniel Flores, East Temple Avenue, and more. 

If you are a lover of all things AOR, then T3nors' debut album, "Naked Soul" is a can't miss release!

Tracklisting:
1. April Rain
2. Naked Soul
3. Nights
4. Time Is Coming
5. Silent Cries
6. Torn
7. I Could
8. Mother Love
9. Set Fire To The Rain
10. Stand For Love
11. Strength To Carry On

Line-Up:
Robbie LaBlanc - vocals
Toby Hitchcock - vocals
Kent Hilli - vocals

Alessandro Del Vecchio - bass, additional keyboards, guitars, and backing vocals
Francesco Savino - guitars
Jacopo Martignoni - drums

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

• Stefan changed the title to T3nors (Hilli/Hitchcock/LaBlanc) - Naked Soul

This seems like something that would be massively exciting maybe five or six years ago but now, not so much. I'm just so bored with the Frontiers factory churning out studio project after studio project with the same songwriters, the same production, and random hodgepodges of vocalists...year after year after year. I'm just not interested in this stuff anymore, I'll listen but the odds that I'll come back to it (let alone buy the album) are low.

Those songs are mediocre. They're not ADV's worst but they are not his best either. IMO Robbie steals the show in both of them. Why is ADV still doing backing vocals for a project created specifically for THREE vocalists? :wacko:

P.S. that band name SUCKS lol

Edited by Eric3
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Eric3 said:

This seems like something that would be massively exciting maybe five or six years ago but now, not so much. I'm just so bored with the Frontiers factory churning out studio project after studio project with the same songwriters, the same production, and random hodgepodges of vocalists...year after year after year. I'm just not interested in this stuff anymore, I'll listen but the odds that I'll come back to it (let alone buy the album) are low.

Those songs are mediocre. They're not ADV's worst but they are not his best either. IMO Robbie steals the show in both of them. Why is ADV still doing backing vocals for a project created specifically for THREE vocalists? :wacko:

P.S. that band name SUCKS lol

Agree!

There was a time back 5 or 6 years ago when I'd get into these project type things....Defiants, Nordic Union, etc.  And I'm sure I'll still enjoy new Defiants music when it drops.

But I'm definitely saturated on these things and I'm basically to the point where I'm paying very little attention to them.  I'd rather invest my time into "real" bands that I might actually get the chance to see live someday.

Like you say, I'll still sometimes check out these things and maybe I toss a song into my playlist here or there.  But odds I actually purchase an album from one of these new projects is very low.

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

Agree!

There was a time back 5 or 6 years ago when I'd get into these project type things....Defiants, Nordic Union, etc.  And I'm sure I'll still enjoy new Defiants music when it drops.

But I'm definitely saturated on these things and I'm basically to the point where I'm paying very little attention to them.  I'd rather invest my time into "real" bands that I might actually get the chance to see live someday.

Like you say, I'll still sometimes check out these things and maybe I toss a song into my playlist here or there.  But odds I actually purchase an album from one of these new projects is very low.

comparing this to Defiants is ridiculous- Defiants is just D2 under a different name 

And it will probably be best album of 2023 

Edited by Glen
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Glen said:

comparing this to Defiants is ridiculous- Defiants is just D2 under a different name 

And it will probably be best album of 2023 

You're probably right it's a bad comparison but I guess I just think of the Defiants as more of a project than a band for whatever reason.  I suppose it's because they rarely play live although I know they have played a few times.

It's a shame that these fantastic vocalists are on board with such generic material.. and agree that we are all getting pretty bored with the majority of Frontiers' cookie-cutter releases of late.

• Like 1

I don't know that I really need to add anything to this discussion as most of what I would say has already been said...

But you know, there are a lot of promising young bands that Frontiers could be focusing on instead of churning out a new copy and pasted supergroup album every couple of months. The appeal of groups like this is that it isn't supposed to happen very often. When that's all you do, the idea becomes stale and the term "supergroup" loses its meaning. 

And thank god I'm not the only one who thinks that project name is awful. 

Edited by CMGiordano
forgot something
  • Like 3

I'm glad The Defiants thing got sorted. Absolutely zero in common with ADV-penned sameness from Frontiers. As noted, it's basically just the version of Danger Danger with Laine on vocals, while Danger Danger has Ted. Best of both worlds... if they ever recorded any new music ever, lol. 

Anyway, I can only echo what others have said about this project. I still personally take each Frontiers project on it's own merit, but I definitely share the same frustration as everyone else. There must surely be an understanding that we, as fans, don't just want to keep hearing the same everything, with a different vocalist each time. 

Neither of those two songs, sadly, does anything for me. 

As Above. Will listen to it, but expectations are not too high tbh. Those 2 songs are ok, but nothing special

I love Kent Hilli but he's running the risk of overexposure. Solo album, solo EP, Perfect Plan album, Giant album, guest spots - and now this. I realize he's gotta keep busy because he's making little or nothing from touring but... 

• My Little Pony
12 hours ago, Mafisen said:

Tried listening to the April Rain song. Who wrote the lyrics? A 12 year old girl?

Have you never heard an ADV song before?

;}

• Haha 1

• My Little Pony
49 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I love Kent Hilli but he's running the risk of overexposure. Solo album, solo EP, Perfect Plan album, Giant album, guest spots - and now this. I realize he's gotta keep busy because he's making little or nothing from touring but... 

Happens all the time. Terry Brock was on every album for a few years, then Jeff Scott Soto, and many others before and since. 

2 hours ago, Tabe said:

It wouldn't be so bad if there were some variety to the projects he was involved with. I mean, I like the guy just fine, but he manages to turn everything he sings for into a Perfect Plan song (to my ears). Objectively, that isn't a bad thing, because I like Perfect Plan, but that's not what I want to hear when I click on a Giant song.

8 hours ago, Tabe said:

I suggested this to him and got a pretty curt reply. The label and all connected with them are all in a constant state of praise only required. He is way over exposed - with a new solo album due in the first half of next year too.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, melodicrock said:

I suggested this to him and got a pretty curt reply. The label and all connected with them are all in a constant state of praise only required. He is way over exposed - with a new solo album due in the first half of next year too.

Doing you meaning Kent is the vocalist version of ADV.

17 hours ago, melodicrock said:

Unfortunately, this doesn't surprise me. These days, a lot of people have difficulty accepting criticism.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CMGiordano said:

Unfortunately, this doesn't surprise me. These days, a lot of people have difficulty accepting criticism.

Frontiers will delete critical comments on their Facebook page, it's very childish.