US Election 2020 predictions

Darkstone

Well this is all going swimmingly. 

Great that our common love of music allows us to cut across the boundaries and have a respectful conversation about politics. 

We should hit religion and Nickelback next. 

Edited by PeterS
  • Haha 1

haha, this all went down well.

As I've said before, from an outsiders POV, I see a lot of good Trump did for the US.
A lot of stuff many are blinded to just because he created for himself, and the media also created, a lot of hate for him.
Sad that so many refuse to give credit where it's due.

I kinda hoped he won, because I honestly don't think anything will be much different with a different leader, but it is a source of entertainment with Trump there.

But he lost, and realistically, he lost fair and square.
As soon as he came out sooking, it was all over. He knew it, which is why he held the press conference at 2am.
He planned for it.

So Biden will win, and to be honest, for me personally, that is a marginally better result as he will likely mend, if not refrain from further damaging, the relationship between the US and China, which affects allies (us)
I guess the shit show will continue wth Trump now in politics, looking for his second term in 4 years.

9 hours ago, PeterS said:

Well this is all going swimmingly. 

Great that our common love of music allows us to cut across the boundaries and have a respectful conversation about politics. 

We should hit religion and Nickelback next. 

Whats wrong with Nickleback? whats that supposed to mean???

LOL

9 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

haha, this all went down well.

As I've said before, from an outsiders POV, I see a lot of good Trump did for the US.
A lot of stuff many are blinded to just because he created for himself, and the media also created, a lot of hate for him.
Sad that so many refuse to give credit where it's due.

I kinda hoped he won, because I honestly don't think anything will be much different with a different leader, but it is a source of entertainment with Trump there.

But he lost, and realistically, he lost fair and square.
As soon as he came out sooking, it was all over. He knew it, which is why he held the press conference at 2am.
He planned for it.

So Biden will win, and to be honest, for me personally, that is a marginally better result as he will likely mend, if not refrain from further damaging, the relationship between the US and China, which affects allies (us)
I guess the shit show will continue wth Trump now in politics, looking for his second term in 4 years.

Dude he's been in congress for 40 hears, I was 2 years old when he got into office, without looking on the internet can you tell me one thing substantial he's done?? remember 40 years, that's a long fucking time,

He was the Vice President of the USA for 8 of those. That’s more than I’ve done. I did drop 80 pounds and cut a few strokes off my golf game in the past few years. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by zacharyamelie

2 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Dude he's been in congress for 40 hears, I was 2 years old when he got into office, without looking on the internet can you tell me one thing substantial he's done?? remember 40 years, that's a long fucking time,

Well, one thing most do, is try and undo some of the things the predecessor has done.
I love how the US stood up to China, but I didn't like that chnges it brought for me, dealing with china.
We have a free trade agreement between our countries which saves my business 5%.
If we lose that, it will suck, but like I said, that is a personal thing to me.
As for the rest of it, god luck.
Personally the dude looks pretty old and decrepid at times, which isn't a good look to portray to the rest of the world.
I like strong leaders, and I'm not sure Biden is that.

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

He was the Vice President of the USA for 8 of those. That’s more than I’ve done. I did drop 80 pounds and cut a few strokes off my golf game in the past few years. 🤷‍♂️

Subtle flex. ;}

just watched Trump.

pretty shocking statement all round. The speech of a desperate man willing to take democracy down with him. 

It's bordering on dictatorship 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

just watched Trump.

pretty shocking statement all round. The speech of a desperate man willing to take democracy down with him. 

I'm a Trump supporter and I agree. This is a joke. Becoming a circus. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
4 hours ago, Glen said:

just watched Trump.

...APPOINTED Federal judges overruling ELECTED State legislatures sounds more like dictatorship to me

Apparently no one here remembers Bush v. Gore in 2000 when the litigation on vote counting and recounts went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. No one on the left was complaining then about Gore having the right to exhaust his legal options before conceding, so the same standards should apply now. The legal remedies are there for a reason. Once they're exhausted, then fine, but until then it's fair game if a state (or in this case multiple states) are within the recount margin of error.

• 2023 Gold Donors
4 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Apparently no one here remembers Bush v. Gore in 2000 when the litigation on vote counting and recounts went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. No one on the left was complaining then about Gore having the right to exhaust his legal options before conceding, so the same standards should apply now. The legal remedies are there for a reason. Once they're exhausted, then fine, but until then it's fair game if a state (or in this case multiple states) are within the recount margin of error.

Ahem...

21 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I'm sure you all remember what a shit show Bush/Gore 2000 was. That shit dragged on for ages.

I think/know this one is gonna be even more protracted... and not a "hanging chad" in sight.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Again, we need to inject some music into these threads. Whatever side you're on, you should get a giggle out of this.

Good luck listening to the original without hearing this in your head.

5 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

not at one point did he question the democratic system or say that legal mail in ballots were illegal.

Trumps speech was a disgrace sorry.

And made no sense. asking for counts to continue in one place but not others.

it will go through courts and be thrown out.

All this is about is so he can forever claim that he didn't lose whatever the court verdict

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-us-2020-54786937?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5fa5007549467302d61cf354%26Trump doubles down on unsubstantiated fraud claims%262020-11-06T08%3A02%3A33.909Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:0b51c3ce-b7ee-4968-98c0-c69313a5b3a5&pinned_post_asset_id=5fa5007549467302d61cf354&pinned_post_type=share

utterly ridiculous claim. So every counter in every county of the affected states is in on the fraud.

BUT only in those states lol. All the other states are fine.

And Arizona where he is gaining votes is now miraculously ok despite asking for the count to stop when Biden was stretching his lead.

The man has lost his mind 

desperate and sad.

ask for recounts by all means if it's close - say less than 1000 votes - but stop calling this fraud 

• Like 2