US Election 2020 predictions

Darkstone

1 hour ago, Metal T said:

Good post from someone who gets it.As I've noticed most Australian posters here seem to.

get what exactly?

All we've been commenting on is a fool who doesn't understand the vote process, claiming he 'won on the night' (f ridiculous comment) and who is claiming fraud (with no evidence) just so he gets to protect his ego and not concede graciously, like every other former US president has 

6 minutes ago, PeterS said:

Game over the press in Europe saying.

I really hope for you all it’s now calm and power is respectful handed over . 

it won't be.

If he concedes I will be amazed 

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, Glen said:

get what exactly?

All we've been commenting on is a fool who doesn't understand the vote process, claiming he 'won on the night' (f ridiculous comment) and who is claiming fraud (with no evidence) just so he gets to protect his ego and not concede graciously, like every other former US president has 

That most of you guys are generally full of crap...and have no skin in the game

Really, You want to go calling members of the board full of crap? 

Disagree if you like but that's really uncalled for. 

The problem you have in the US is that attitude. Whatever happened to 'I disagree with what you say but I'd die to defend your right to say it.'. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

Why is she a whore? Can you explain? Sure she’s black and a woman but why a whore? Do you actually know what a whore is? Melania is like 25 years younger than Trump and she married into money...why is she not considered a whore? I have a feeling you’re scared of women in power...very small of you. 

Even Dan can’t think these posts are acceptable on what is a music website. I understand posts with opinions and arguments, but these posts are tasteless and frankly pathetic. 

She is considered by many to be a political "whore" who has climbed the political ladder w/ such behavior...she's a gun grabbing.race-baiting loon bat....you just like to b!tch

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, PeterS said:

Really, You want to go calling members of the board full of crap? 

Disagree if you like but that's really uncalled for. 

The problem you have in the US is that attitude. Whatever happened to 'I disagree with what you say but I'd die to defend your right to say it.'. 

People like to talk about propaganda/lies and then go spouting it off all over the board themselves..yes that makes one "full of crap" Comparing someone to Hitler is equally asinine.People can post whatever they like here (within reason)-shouldn't get mad when it gets thrown hell back.

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

I'll leave things as they are because I say I won't remove content in Flamefest, but I agree that the "whore" comments are petty and juvenile and actually diminish one's argument. Unless the attempt was purely to troll, in which case: mission accomplished.

Pelosi isn't a whore. She's a nasty, vindictive, petty, incompetent, self-serving narcissist that Trump could take lessons from.

Kamala Harris isn't a whore either. She's disingenuous and a control freak that shifts her priorities and policies like the wind, while having a history of policies that bely the image of being an ally to the minority community.

In other words, both are typical politicians.

The last 2 pics you can sh!t can if you like...in effort to keep the peace...no big deal to me...not trolling anyone.

8 minutes ago, Metal T said:

People like to talk about propaganda/lies and then go spouting it off all over the board themselves..yes that makes one "full of crap" Comparing someone to Hitler is equally asinine.People can post whatever they like here (within reason)-shouldn't get mad when it gets thrown hell back.

who's been lying exactly?

just commenting on your (former) presidents delusions 

15 minutes ago, Metal T said:

She is considered by many to be a political "whore" who has climbed the political ladder w/ such behavior...she's a gun grabbing.race-baiting loon bat....you just like to b!tch

I also believe Harris seems like a bossy bitch with a chip on her shoulder. But to me “whore” is completely different. 

14 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

Well CNN has finally called the election for Biden.....cue the screraming from Trump and his supporters.....

You assume too much. If the vote proves that Biden won, then so be it. The people have spoken. That's the way it works.

Unlike in 2016 when Hillary supporters were marching in the streets screeching, and university campuses bringing in counselors and therapy dogs (this isn't anecdotal; it happened on the campus I work for; I still have the emails), I predict the vast majority on the right will say "all right" and roll up their sleeves and get back to work.

I do have some SERIOUS concerns about a Harris/Biden administration and to what extent they will try to implement the policies of the extreme Left. In no particular order:

1. Biden having claimed that he would make Beto O'Rourke his "gun czar", thus stripping the American people of their second amendment rights. He said he wants to make all online sales of guns, ammunition, and parts illegal just to start, and O'Rourke wants to implement banning and confiscation of all automatic weapons (the devil is in the details of what they mean by "automatic" as that could extend to handguns and shotguns depending on legal interpretation).

2. Mandating elimination of fossil fuel usage by 20XX. This has far greater implications than one would initially think. It's not just passenger vehicles but also all the industrial vehicles our country relies upon to ferry goods throughout the country. This isn't Europe where the population is condensed geographically; we are a large country and it takes a lot to get things to where they need to go.

Vehicles would run on what, exactly? Hydrogen? I think that's ultimately the solution, but the infrastructure to deliver the fuel doesn't exist outside of California. Converting the auto industry from fossil fuels to X doesn't happen overnight, and initially the vehicles will be MUCH more expensive. So only the wealthy will be able to afford new vehicles? If not implemented properly, this could be a VERY regressive mandate.

If the proposed solution is electric power, I don't see how this can work. Our electrical grid infrastructure is already tired and overtaxed (see rolling brownouts in California), and now we're going to add an entire new layer of consumption?

Where is this electricity going to come from? Most electrical plants run on coal... which is one of the fossil fuels that Biden wants to eliminate. Are we going to build nuclear power plants everywhere? Wind and solar are not currently scalable.

Additionally, electrical rates are likely to go through the roof.

3. I loathe the notion of opening our borders to illegal immigrants and giving them free taxpayer-funded healthcare. We can't afford to give people who are here LEGALLY free healthcare, so why are we so concerned about giving it to people who aren't here legally?

4. Packing the supreme court just as revenge for the ACB confirmation would set EXTREMELY dangerous precedent. Biden claimed that he was against court packing originally, but lately he has equivocated, and both Schumer and Pelosi are in favor of packing the court. This would make the Supreme Court into a political arm of the government, as successive administrations would pack it more... a see-saw battle of oneupsmanship.

5. I think that Harris/Biden will reverse course with respect to relations with Iran, China, and Russia, and we'll be back to being the lapdogs of the rest of the world as we were under Obama. I think we'll also go back to allowing the UN to rule this country indirectly via international policies.

6. I think we're going to see all sorts of race- and gender-based incentives with respect to legal obligations, taxes, reparations, etc. that will be a return to quotas and other forms of reverse discrimination rather than being a true "even playing field". In other words, lots of programs that white males are ineligible for simply because of race and gender.

7. In the short term, I think there will be an attempt to mandate nationwide mask requirements and business lockdowns when those decisions should be left up to individual states and/or locales. A one-size-fits-all policy doesn't work as there are huge differences in population density and virus spread depending on where you go.

8. A loosening of requirements to vote, as more illegal voting benefits the Democratic party. A picture ID is required to drive and/or get state benefits, so why shouldn't it be required to vote? I see the right to vote being extended to undocumented aliens.

9. His claim to "repeal the Trump tax cuts". Despite his claim that it would only impact people making over $400,000 per year, if he repeals the tax cuts wholesale, it will hammer the lower and middle classes. Also this could have a huge impact on small and medium businesses. Biden claims to be implementing all sorts of new taxes against the top 1%... but that mistakenly assumes that these people simply do nothing and just hand over their money to the government. They will move their money and their companies out of the country, thus resulting in a tax loss, as well as many companies leaving the country.

Also, when the top 1% constrain their activity due to excessive taxation, it means their companies contract, meaning less hiring and benefits, so it DOES trickle down to the lower classes.

In short: The combination of the Green New Deal and higher taxes is going to stifle our economy in the long term. Simply raising taxes just keeps businesses from expanding.

We'll see what happens, and as I've said at the beginning of every new administration: The President is The President and we should give him a chance rather than actively opposing them right out of the gate... but I'm not optimistic at all at the results down the line.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PeterS said:

Game over the press in Europe saying.

I really hope for you all it’s now calm and power is respectful handed over . 

Do we have to worry about the right believing the election was gained fraudulently? then making sure it wasnt? or destroying cities, killing civilians, and burning the country to the ground, I guess the the real babys got their way, cause if they hadnt you know what it would be right now, you guys seem like the pathetic ones, not the right, like I said, you guys calling the right sore losers is almost hilarious, but hey what do I know.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

You assume too much. If the vote proves that Biden won, then so be it. The people have spoken. That's the way it works.

Unlike in 2016 when Hillary supporters were marching in the streets screeching, and university campuses bringing in counselors and therapy dogs (this isn't anecdotal; it happened on the campus I work for; I still have the emails), I predict the vast majority on the right will say "all right" and roll up their sleeves and get back to work.

I do have some SERIOUS concerns about a Harris/Biden administration and to what extent they will try to implement the policies of the extreme Left. In no particular order:

1. Biden having claimed that he would make Beto O'Rourke his "gun czar", thus stripping the American people of their second amendment rights. He said he wants to make all online sales of guns, ammunition, and parts illegal just to start, and O'Rourke wants to implement banning and confiscation of all automatic weapons (the devil is in the details of what they mean by "automatic" as that could extend to handguns and shotguns depending on legal interpretation).

2. Mandating elimination of fossil fuel usage by 20XX. This has far greater implications than one would initially think. It's not just passenger vehicles but also all the industrial vehicles our country relies upon to ferry goods throughout the country. This isn't Europe where the population is condensed geographically; we are a large country and it takes a lot to get things to where they need to go.

Vehicles would run on what, exactly? Hydrogen? I think that's ultimately the solution, but the infrastructure to deliver the fuel doesn't exist outside of California. Converting the auto industry from fossil fuels to X doesn't happen overnight, and initially the vehicles will be MUCH more expensive. So only the wealthy will be able to afford new vehicles? If not implemented properly, this could be a VERY regressive mandate.

If the proposed solution is electric power, I don't see how this can work. Our electrical grid infrastructure is already tired and overtaxed (see rolling brownouts in California), and now we're going to add an entire new layer of consumption?

Where is this electricity going to come from? Most electrical plants run on coal... which is one of the fossil fuels that Biden wants to eliminate. Are we going to build nuclear power plants everywhere? Wind and solar are not currently scalable.

Additionally, electrical rates are likely to go through the roof.

3. I loathe the notion of opening our borders to illegal immigrants and giving them free taxpayer-funded healthcare. We can't afford to give people who are here LEGALLY free healthcare, so why are we so concerned about giving it to people who aren't here legally?

4. Packing the supreme court just as revenge for the ACB confirmation would set EXTREMELY dangerous precedent. Biden claimed that he was against court packing originally, but lately he has equivocated, and both Schumer and Pelosi are in favor of packing the court. This would make the Supreme Court into a political arm of the government, as successive administrations would pack it more... a see-saw battle of oneupsmanship.

5. I think that Harris/Biden will reverse course with respect to relations with Iran, China, and Russia, and we'll be back to being the lapdogs of the rest of the world as we were under Obama. I think we'll also go back to allowing the UN to rule this country indirectly via international policies.

6. I think we're going to see all sorts of race- and gender-based incentives with respect to legal obligations, taxes, reparations, etc. that will be a return to quotas and other forms of reverse discrimination rather than being a true "even playing field". In other words, lots of programs that white males are ineligible for simply because of race and gender.

7. In the short term, I think there will be an attempt to mandate nationwide mask requirements and business lockdowns when those decisions should be left up to individual states and/or locales. A one-size-fits-all policy doesn't work as there are huge differences in population density and virus spread depending on where you go.

8. A loosening of requirements to vote, as more illegal voting benefits the Democratic party. A picture ID is required to drive and/or get state benefits, so why shouldn't it be required to vote? I see the right to vote being extended to undocumented aliens.

9. His claim to "repeal the Trump tax cuts". Despite his claim that it would only impact people making over $400,000 per year, if he repeals the tax cuts wholesale, it will hammer the lower and middle classes. Also this could have a huge impact on small and medium businesses. Biden claims to be implementing all sorts of new taxes against the top 1%... but that mistakenly assumes that these people simply do nothing and just hand over their money to the government. They will move their money and their companies out of the country, thus resulting in a tax loss, as well as many companies leaving the country.

Also, when the top 1% constrain their activity due to excessive taxation, it means their companies contract, meaning less hiring and benefits, so it DOES trickle down to the lower classes.

In short: The combination of the Green New Deal and higher taxes is going to stifle our economy in the long term. Simply raising taxes just keeps businesses from expanding.

We'll see what happens, and as I've said at the beginning of every new administration: The President is The President and we should give him a chance rather than actively opposing them right out of the gate... but I'm not optimistic at all at the results down the line.

Joe Biden needs to listen and adapt. The US is clearly divided and he needs to push towards a middle ground to satisfy all.

He says he will be president for all - he needs to prove it 

5 hours ago, Glen said:

And just to add why people are concerned about Trump.

Let me say this.

his petty trade war with china caused my pension investment to drop by 15% So yes he affects people all over the world in different ways 

Oh so this is about your money, well we can talk about that if you'd like, and what my taxes are going to be because Biden got in, I love giving my hard earned money away to be given to thugs and people who choose not to work, so don't even start about how you lost money, we are all going to lose money now, and I promise you Biden wont be earning you money.

4 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

Do we have to worry about the right believing the election was gained fraudulently? then making sure it wasnt? or destroying cities, killing civilians, and burning the country to the ground, I guess the the real babys got their way, cause if they hadnt you know what it would be right now, you guys seem like the pathetic ones, not the right, like I said, you guys calling the right sore losers is almost hilarious, but hey what do I know.

when you say you guys calling the right...... I am right. as in right as opposed to left.

Jesus if my wife heard people calling me left she'd piss herself laughing. She's left leaning and we spend our lives arguing about politics

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

Joe Biden needs to listen and adapt. The US is clearly divided and he needs to push towards a middle ground to satisfy all.

He’s going to be one of the quietest presidents in history of he has any sense. 

1 minute ago, Leykis101 said:

Oh so this is about your money, well we can talk about that if you'd like, and what my taxes are going to be because Biden got in, I love giving my hard earned money away to be given to thugs and people who choose not to work, so don't even start about how you lost money, we are all going to lose money now, and I promise you Biden wont be earning you money.

mate we all have our reasons.

Just now, Glen said:

when you say you guys calling the right...... I am right. as in right as opposed to left.

Jesus if my wife heard people calling me left she'd piss herself laughing. She's left leaning and we spend our lives arguing about politics

That must be lovely . Most just argue about who didn’t put a cup in the dishwasher. 

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

No, that wont happen, the left are the ones who play identity politics, who divide people into groups, then let the accusations fly, this isnt a good thing on any scale, I know, I live here, they are the bottom of the barrel, nothing is going to get better here. unless your a dirt bag, then the world just got great for you, now you can live off the hard working people of this country, these are scumbags and leeches.

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

Well our new President, Kamala, is as far left as you can get, now the real nut jobs like AOC and the Muslim bitch will have a say in more then they should, you seem to be a Biden man, nobody on any right i've ever seen has anything to do with Biden, man I'm a fucking Libertarian and i'm terrified of what is in store for this country.

3 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

No, that wont happen, the left are the ones who play identity politics, who divide people into groups, then let the accusations fly, this isnt a good thing on any scale, I know, I live here, they are the bottom of the barrel, nothing is going to get better here. unless your a dirt bag, then the world just got great for you, now you can live off the hard working people of this country, these are scumbags and leeches.

I agree regarding socialism. It doesn't work, period. You always end up running out of other people's money ;)

That's why he needs to be more centre leaning. 

He promised it only yesterday - he needs to deliver on that promise

3 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

Well our new President, Kamala, is as far left as you can get, now the real nut jobs like AOC and the Muslim bitch will have a say in more then they should, you seem to be a Biden man, nobody on any right i've ever seen has anything to do with Biden, man I'm a fucking Libertarian and i'm terrified of what is in store for this country.

no I am an anti trump man 

10 minutes ago, Glen said:

I agree regarding socialism. It doesn't work, period. You always end up running out of other people's money ;)

That's why he needs to be more centre leaning. 

He promised it only yesterday - he needs to deliver on that promise

Well you can pretty well guarantee the fiscal conservatives will be coming out of hiding.

14 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

You really need to look outside your borders if you think Kamala is as left as you can go. 

The democratic party of the USA is to the right of most right wing parties in Europe. 

You probably all thing Merkel's a socialist but she's leader of the right/conservative  party here.