US Election 2020 predictions

Darkstone

2 hours ago, Darkstone said:

What's more worrying and more of a danger to Democracy?

A President who sometimes spouts idiotic rubbish or Major News Networks who have decided that they're the judges of what the American people hear?

Cutting off the President's address because they didn't agree with him is beyond outrageous. The media should stick to reporting and let their viewers decide who's talking shit or not.

Anybody who thinks the media has no influence is kidding themselves.

Oh, he who controls the media controls the mind. Which is why Trump has loved Twitter and continues to use propaganda as well as anybody since the little mustached guy who wandered the streets here 80 years ago. 

I actually agree about news v comment. The advent of 24 hour news has not helped the cause and 'news' standards are at a pretty low level right now. And though most of you won't agree Tucker Carlson and co are right at the head of that. And I do think there is a place for all that but it shoudn't be on something called 'News'. 

News and politicians should also be kept as far apart as possible. The problem is we watch it and if we watch it those companies make money. It's certainly why I have deep concerns about people moving between journalism and politics without a blink of an eye. And that's bi-partisan. Media ownership also should not be held by politicians. 

The information we get has always been bias but right now it seems we're at a low ebb. 

CNN is always been accused of being democrat but I've watched some of their reporting (Plus Fox & UK BBC) and found it to be pretty balanced actually.

The numbers reporting is v insightful , the panel has had democrats & republicans plus the interviews were with a lot of republicans and they showed the whole of Trumps speech

Embarrassing and disgraceful as it was. 

21 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Umm, we don't do that here. Snowflakes on either side that are too triggered by opposing viewpoints are free to not read this thread.

That's the problem with the Left (in my opinion): as we've seen all across social media this year, their first response when confronted with viewpoints they disagree with is to want the opposing party banned or deplatformed. That is a very heavy-handed totalitarian approach, ironically from the party of "tolerance and kindness"... in other words, "fascism is ok when WE do it".

Not here, folks.

I have no problem with disagreeing viewpoints. But it would be good if those viewpoints had some sort of base in fact. The shit you posted earlier that Glen responded to had no factual base at all. You think you're so open minded and allowing, but to me you really come across the complete opposite. 

48 minutes ago, Mafisen said:

That's me done here Trumpsters and trumpettes. 

Have a nice life. 

remember my friend this place is all about the music and people are entitled to their opinion whether fact based or not.

Just putting a really quick thing out there. Firstly, I don't know why non-Americans are even posting in this thread, but oh well, it is what it is. But whilst on a subject above, a quick observation I've noticed in recent years;

For me the "left" appear to be those who find fact in mainstream media and then repeat this alleged fact as fact and believe that anyone who disagrees is a moron. 

And for me, the "right" is people who think for themselves. 

That's not meant to be harsh or evil, and I'm not saying one side is "correct" or "wrong." It's just how I see it, and obviously you can't make a blanket statement to include everyone in such sweeping statements. But, based on the overwhelming majority of things I see and read from each side of the argument, this is very much how it comes across to me. 

Interlude over.

Continue your talk about an election in a country that less than half the people in this thread seem to actually be from. ;) Yep,  you guessed it, I give about as many fucks about a US election as I do about removing that 72nd hair from my ballsack. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Glen said:

CNN is always been accused of being democrat but I've watched some of their reporting (Plus Fox & UK BBC) and found it to be pretty balanced actually.

The numbers reporting is v insightful , the panel has had democrats & republicans plus the interviews were with a lot of republicans and they showed the whole of Trumps speech

Embarrassing and disgraceful as it was. 

Bias for many people actually means not reporting things with my bias.

BBC is still my favorite as both the left and right complain about it so it’s probably mainly doing something well.

4 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Just putting a really quick thing out there. Firstly, I don't know why non-Americans are even posting in this thread, but oh well, it is what it is. But whilst on a subject above, a quick observation I've noticed in recent years;

For me the "left" appear to be those who find fact in mainstream media and then repeat this alleged fact as fact and believe that anyone who disagrees is a moron. 

That's not meant to be harsh or evil, and I'm not saying one side is "correct" or "wrong." It's just how I see it, and obviously you can't make a blanket statement to include everyone in such sweeping statements. But, based on the overwhelming majority of things I see and read from each side of the argument, this is very much how it comes across to me. 

Interlude over.

Continue your talk about an election in a country that less than half the people in this thread seem to actually be from. ;) Yep,  you guessed it, I give about as many fucks about a US election as I do about removing that 72nd hair from my ballsack. 

My observation is the opposite about left and right but the definition of a fact seems unclear to many. ANY mainstream media’s not the place for fully verifiable facts though.

If the US weren’t so powerful and have  such a big impact on the rest of

the world we probably wouldn’t care . Take The EU UK relationship now . Boris is clearly waiting on the result to make his final decision about what he wants until after the US election is decided.

Would be really nice to just ignore the US until they’ve sorted their shit out in 20 years but the world is truly small now.

PeterS. you make me wanna pull my eyes out, I absolutely disagree with you on almost everything you post, but you also make many valid points I find hard to agree with, but I also cant disagree with, I guess it really is just about your preference, most people just come off like they are spouting left wing propaganda, you just seem liberal, and not tethered to the bullshit talking points baked into our politics, I will never admit this again.

Just a question for you all to throw an answer back at me, how is it dead people are voting?? i just need simple answers.

21 minutes ago, PeterS said:

My observation is the opposite about left and right but the definition of a fact seems unclear to many. ANY mainstream media’s not the place for fully verifiable facts though.

I guess just as a snapshot from this site... And truly not having a go at Glen. Despite us disagreeing on absolutely everything on the planet outside of a few musical things, I like the kid. We just have very different views of the world. But back to my snapshot;

For many of Glen's points (and Glen is clearly as "left" as they come) he has a link to a website or some statement by someone or some rubbish that someone has said, which apparently confirms his POV as fact. 

I readily admit what I say is just an opinion, but it is something I've come up with myself after hearing all sides and determining what is garbage or not... in my opinion. 

I know you say each is much of a muchness and the other party would probably feel the same as I. I guess the main difference is I try to put forth my opinion acknowledging it's just my opinion, whereas a "left" POV is not an opinion, it's just a alleged fact. Again, not singling out Glen. It's something I've noticed along the way in any and every platform. 

But yeah, let's not dwell on it. Threads like this irritate the shit out of me. 

I don't think I'll be able to get past a lot of the BLM opinions I've seen on this forum - they've scarred me good and hard. More mind-numbing nonsense in that thread than all Trump threads combined. 

57 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I guess just as a snapshot from this site... And truly not having a go at Glen. Despite us disagreeing on absolutely everything on the planet outside of a few musical things, I like the kid. We just have very different views of the world. But back to my snapshot;

For many of Glen's points (and Glen is clearly as "left" as they come) he has a link to a website or some statement by someone or some rubbish that someone has said, which apparently confirms his POV as fact. 

I readily admit what I say is just an opinion, but it is something I've come up with myself after hearing all sides and determining what is garbage or not... in my opinion. 

I know you say each is much of a muchness and the other party would probably feel the same as I. I guess the main difference is I try to put forth my opinion acknowledging it's just my opinion, whereas a "left" POV is not an opinion, it's just a alleged fact. Again, not singling out Glen. It's something I've noticed along the way in any and every platform. 

But yeah, let's not dwell on it. Threads like this irritate the shit out of me. 

I don't think I'll be able to get past a lot of the BLM opinions I've seen on this forum - they've scarred me good and hard. More mind-numbing nonsense in that thread than all Trump threads combined. 

you are so wrong it's just not true.

I'm right , have been all my life. I've voted conservative all my life.

I actually support most republican policies.

my 'issue' is I can't stand Trump or his beliefs or the vile lies he spews or his undermining democracy to save his own sorry arse.

So do me a favour and leave me out of your reflections on life cos you know zero about me.

And just to add why people are concerned about Trump.

Let me say this.

his petty trade war with china caused my pension investment to drop by 15% So yes he affects people all over the world in different ways 

41 minutes ago, Glen said:

you are so wrong it's just not true.

I'm right , have been all my life. I've voted conservative all my life.

I actually support most republican policies.

my 'issue' is I can't stand Trump or his beliefs or the vile lies he spews or his undermining democracy to save his own sorry arse.

So do me a favour and leave me out of your reflections on life cos you know zero about me.

Same here about being conservative. I’m in my mid 40’s very white, fairly conservative and honestly, probably racist as fuck...however I can’t stand Trump and not the policies or ideology of the Republicans. For me albeit I was young the best president in my lifetime was Regan. Regan is rolling in his grave at what American politics have become. American politics has gone extreme on both sides and there is no happy middle which is unfortunate. Rural vs urban...it’s never been this divided. Neither Trump nor Biden will be helpful to bring together such a divide. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Interlude over.

Good post from someone who gets it.As I've noticed most Australian posters here seem to.

1 hour ago, Metal T said:

000.png.7d5c9248b8181f6fcccca9e0b87ae652.png

Why is she a whore? Can you explain? Sure she’s black and a woman but why a whore? Do you actually know what a whore is? Melania is like 25 years younger than Trump and she married into money...why is she not considered a whore? I have a feeling you’re scared of women in power...very small of you. 

Even Dan can’t think these posts are acceptable on what is a music website. I understand posts with opinions and arguments, but these posts are tasteless and frankly pathetic. 

Edited by zacharyamelie

I'll leave things as they are because I say I won't remove content in Flamefest, but I agree that the "whore" comments are petty and juvenile and actually diminish one's argument. Unless the attempt was purely to troll, in which case: mission accomplished.

Pelosi isn't a whore. She's a nasty, vindictive, petty, incompetent, self-serving narcissist that Trump could take lessons from.

Kamala Harris isn't a whore either. She's disingenuous and a control freak that shifts her priorities and policies like the wind, while having a history of policies that bely the image of being an ally to the minority community.

In other words, both are typical politicians.

• Like 1