US Election 2020 predictions

Darkstone

3 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

I don't believe that's the way it works though. You can pardon someone for specific crimes that have been charged, but I'm pretty sure you cannot issue a blanket pardon before the fact for any and all crimes that may or may not be alleged in the future. Once charges are filed, then a pardon can be issued. Since charges would not be filed until after the new administration is sworn in anyway, it's a moot point what Pence would do.

I still haven't heard what these supposed crimes are other than people not liking Trump. Nebulous vague claims of "corruption!" without any specificity are meaningless. Also, "his policy on XXX isn't right!" and "I don't like that executive order" and "People died from COVID" and "He tweeted X" aren't crimes. They're just things you don't like.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54716550

4 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

If there are no crimes then why is he planning on pardoning his entire family? Not to mention most of his administration....He is also trying to pardon himself but that is questionable.....

That's just his normal made-up bullshit. I don't believe blanket pardons before the fact have ever been a thing.

4 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

1. The vast majority of that is old news, with lots of "might", "maybe", "could have" in them.

2. They're almost all civil suits, not criminal charges. Being sued is not the same as being charged criminally. They're very different things.

My take: meh. Whatever. He's a billionaire and has far greater resources than you or I will ever have. I'm sure there will be revenge lawsuits because he's orange and he'll have to deal with them. *shrug*

4 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

1. The vast majority of that is old news, with lots of "might", "maybe", "could have" in them.

2. They're almost all civil suits, not criminal charges. Being sued is not the same as being charged criminally. They're very different things.

My take: meh. Whatever. He's a billionaire and has far greater resources than you or I will ever have. I'm sure there will be revenge lawsuits because he's orange and he'll have to deal with them. *shrug*

I seriously doubt that he will ever see the inside of a jail cell as that would be too embarrassing to the US government....

4 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

That's just his normal made-up bullshit. I don't believe blanket pardons before the fact have ever been a thing.

Nixon was pre-pardoned so there is precedent....and I would not be surprised if he does it for a lot of people before he leaves office....the downside to pre-pardons is that you admit to having broken the law otherwise they would not be necessary...

Like I get how everyone has an opinion either side of politics
What is really weird to me is that some people who live in other countries, seem to be more emotionally invested in US leaders than most people in the US.
The amount of butt-hurt here is incredible.

This is a worst case scenario for me.
I enjoyed the Trump stupidity, it was entertaining, as was all the sooking and crying over it.
But it's not fun any more when people got what they wanted, and he was voted out, and the crying never. seems. to. stop.

And its for these reasons that I voted to remove this shit from this site.
Normally I'm a "who gives a fuck" kind of guy, but it's just boring and never ending now.

Given that the election is all done, so should this all be.

52 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

What is really weird to me is that some people who live in other countries, seem to be more emotionally invested in US leaders than most people in the US.

I enjoyed the Trump stupidity, it was entertaining, as was all the sooking and crying over it.
But it's not fun any more when people got what they wanted, and he was voted out, and the crying never. seems. to. stop.

Normally I'm a "who gives a fuck" kind of guy, but it's just boring and never ending now.

It is easy to ignore any thread that bothers you or you have no interest in....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

And people say that those on the right are tinfoil-hat batshit crazy... y'all are just as bad.

What crimes?... other than "Me no wike owange man! He hurt my feewings!"

There are no charges pending, therefore no pardon to be given.

he didn't hurt my feelings , it's been great watching him squirm for 4 weeks.

he knows deep down he lost and I should think he's pissed.

lovely.

I just feel sorry for all the morons who have been bought by his lies of election fraud.

the greatest conman ever 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
4 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

If you're so dead set against this thread, then why are you posting in it?

10 hours ago, Glen said:

he didn't hurt my feelings , it's been great watching him squirm for 4 weeks.

he knows deep down he lost and I should think he's pissed.

lovely.

I just feel sorry for all the morons who have been bought by his lies of election fraud.

the greatest conman ever 

Please feel free to list all of the Trump supporter morons who post here.
Just because they have a different politiocal view than you doesn't make them morons in my eyes, but I'd like to see your list.
I shouldn't be on it.
Read through the tread and you'll see that I've been pretty impatial through this whole thing.
But I'm cool if I'm a moron, been called worse, and really won't affect me.

As to the reason I still post in this thread if it annoys me so much.
Don't know really.
Firstly there is a little star beside it when I log on so that provokes a compulsion to open it.
If I am able to ignore that, then there is that morbid sense of seeing what people are complaining about now I guess.
Always nice to open a thread and roll my eyes and read stoopid shit that people sook about.
So I guess I need help, which is why I voted to end it all.
...ake the bottle away and I won't drink...

But if it stays, that's ok. Not like I'm getting depressed reading it.
Mostly I find it interesting seeing how much some people care about things that are out of their control, and that have a natural course to take regardless.

Hope that answers that question :)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Just because they have a different politiocal view than you doesn't make them morons in my eyes, but I'd like to see your list.
I shouldn't be on it.
Read through the tread and you'll see that I've been pretty impatial through this whole thing.

Don't know really.
Firstly there is a little star beside it when I log on so that provokes a compulsion to open it.
If I am able to ignore that, then there is that morbid sense of seeing what people are complaining about now I guess.
Always nice to open a thread and roll my eyes and read stoopid shit that people sook about.

Mostly I find it interesting seeing how much some people care about things that are out of their control, and that have a natural course to take regardless.

For my part I don't understand why people aren't more interested in world happenings/issues whether you have a say in them or not....giving your opinion (informed or not) in a respectful discussion seems to be a reasonable way to communicate with others....the world does not end at the borders of whatever country you live in and having a world view is a good thing IMO....maybe I just have too much time on my hands and need to find a hobby. :P

• Thanks 1

• My Little Pony

I just wish we committed as much time and effort we have in these threads into the other threads about music. You know, the reason we all came here in the first place. It's just upsetting that fewer people wanna talk Rock these days. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I shouldn't be on it.

Don't know really.

Fair enough mate.

19 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I just wish we committed as much time and effort we have in these threads into the other threads about music. You know, the reason we all came here in the first place. It's just upsetting that fewer people wanna talk Rock these days. 

This!!!!! It's a shame we waste so much energy on non-music related stuff.

Let's get back to why we are all here. The MUSIC!

35 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

This!!!!! It's a shame we waste so much energy on non-music related stuff.

Let's get back to why we are all here. The MUSIC!

I understand this sentiment as well as most people come here for the music first and anything else second but I bet the forum has had a bit more activity since these threads started than there was before....for myself I still pay as much attention to the music threads as I did previously....

3 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

I still pay as much attention to the music threads as I did previously....

Wish there were more people like you. Some threads might get hundreds of views but not a single comment. I know by now it shouldn't bother me but it does. 

Edited by AlphaMale

1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

Wish there were more people like you. Some threads might get hundreds of views but not a single comment. I know by now it shouldn't bother me but it does. 

While I check out most of the threads I don't comment as much as I used to on aor/rock threads, mainly because my interests have gravitated more towards metal in the last year or so and this forum doesn't have many who have an interest in metal...

3 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

While I check out most of the threads I don't comment as much as I used to on aor/rock threads, mainly because my interests have gravitated more towards metal in the last year or so and this forum doesn't have many who have an interest in metal...

I love metal. Overkill is my favorite metal band of all time.

6 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

For my part I don't understand why people aren't more interested in world happenings/issues whether you have a say in them or not....giving your opinion (informed or not) in a respectful discussion seems to be a reasonable way to communicate with others....the world does not end at the borders of whatever country you live in and having a world view is a good thing IMO....maybe I just have too much time on my hands and need to find a hobby. :P

Being interested in world issues is one thing, having an opinion is another.

From my perspective, every single person here, including myself, is so heavily influence by media, friends, family and even their own research, that their opinions are a waste of time.

We live in a society, and we abide by the rules.

you don't have to, but if you choose to rebel, an fight the fight, then you are 1. wasting your time and 2. not being very happy.

I go with the flow. I have never protested anything and never will, that is the biggest waste of time ever. In fact I generally say I want to protest the protesters.

Unions piss me off, they are only there to rort the systems in place and governments aligned with unions are generally very poor.

We elect our leaders.

Doesn't mean we have to be happy with them, and sure, go ahead and sook from time to time, but I actually feel sorry for some people here, who (on both sides) seem to be living and dying by the US political system.

in Australia, we are affected by the US greatly. we are allies. US goes to war, we follow. US fucks China, we also pay.

But dwelling on this shit is redundant. 

Just have a laff and move on.

BTW, most of what I just wrote applies to music as well.

I was bagging the last HEAT album.

Big deal, just my 2c and I was pretty alone in that. I grew to like the album, but the fun bit was discussing it, disagreeing and then moving on.

Moving on is the key phrase here. Something people need to do with the election shit :)

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I shouldn't be on it.

Don't know really.

by morons I mean the people who have actually been scammed into sending money to this conman.

not people here.

these people have sent their hard earned cash to line this arseholes this pockets.

he knows this fight is a dead duck and is dragging it out for as long as possible to raise as many millions as he can.

just shockingly bad behaviour by someone in such a position of responsibility 

• 2023 Gold Donors
7 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Moving on is the key phrase here. Something people need to do with the election shit :)

As I've said before. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure if it's been officially called yet.

Don't you dare give up your dream!

It's not over mate. We all need to be positive. 

;).

Edited by Darkstone

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

As I've said before. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure if it's been officially called yet.

Don't you dare give up your dream!

It's not over mate. We all need to be positive. 

;).

you should have posted a Stan Bush song 

• Thanks 1