US Election 2020 predictions

Darkstone

18 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

when the right speaks about it, they say every BLM protest ended up with cities burning.....

Ok, now you're just being hyperbolic, which is Latin for "douchebag". Just as the Left is not monolithic, neither is the Right. Stop being a twatwaffle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• My Little Pony
13 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

I'm with Officer Tatum here. Fuck the democrats. They are pure evil. Fuck Republicans. You are just as evil. I'm going Independent from here on out.

I didn't watch the clip, and I can't remove it on mobile, so I emphasised the words I'm addressing. That's what the fuck I'm talking about. I can get behind your decision. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
39 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

I'm with Officer Tatum here. Fuck the democrats. They are pure evil. Fuck Republicans. You are just as evil. I'm going Independent from here on out.

I don't know if that will do any good, but now you're getting it.

• 2023 Gold Donors

The two big winners out of all of this are China and Russia. They're pissing themselves with laughter at the moment.

Like Trump or not, the fact of the matter is that he was voted President in 2016. 

Instead of his opponents accepting this, they have done nothing but hinder, criticize, and undermine him from day one. Hell, even before his inauguration he was getting hammered. 

What we saw at "Capitol Hill" was, I believe, a precursor to more organized unrest. The far right, militia group types have been looking for a legitimate excuse for decades for "Revolution". There are also many, many non radical Republicans who are angry.

The way the President was treated over the last 4 years was disgraceful. He never had a chance.    

I'm sure everbody here is familiar with the name "George Floyd", but how often over the last 30 hours or so have you heard the name of the unarmed woman shot and killed by a Capitol Police Officer. 

It's "Ashli Babbit", BTW.

Edited by Darkstone

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

Instead of his opponents accepting this, they have done nothing but hinder, criticize, and undermine him from day one. Hell, even before his inauguration he was getting hammered. 

Snowflake post alert!

Punishment: Spin it 3 times every 2 hours :P

136661052_2832060980371015_4990133529905

Edited by kourosofsteel3

ashli babbit was attempting to unlawfully break into a government building ffs. How in anyway can this be compared to George Floyd.

Also did I read earlier a comment of overreaching democrat lockdown at state level? The mind boggles. I take it you guys are keeping track of COVID stats in the US???

It's not panning out well. 

the UK is bad as well but we are under national lockdown to combat it - just sayin.

2 hours ago, PeterS said:

What I don't get is that the country with the largest military on the planet had their centre of government overrun by the extras from an episode of The Purge in under two hours. 

2021-01-08_10-24-39.jpg

It didn't help matters when the mayor of DC requested that the national guard be deployed as a preventive measure leading up to the rally but insisted they not wear body armor and be unarmed.  For whatever reason the local authorities and Capital police failed to assess the situation properly leading up the rally.  Even though it seemed to be common knowledge that some of the people attending planned to walk to the Capital.  I did get a kick out of that LEGO satire.  Although, I haven't seen many photos or videos where anyone inside the Capital was actually walking around with gun in hand.  I know there were reports of some being confiscated when people were arrested but didn't hear of any being pointed at police or government officials.  As reprehensible and sickening as this was, if this was truly a coup attempt as the media wants to portray, they clearly didn't come prepared to put up much of a fight.  As soon as the police in riot gear and national guard arrived with tear gas the mob was dispersed quickly.   Comparing Ashli Babbitt to George Floyd is way off base (may they both RIP).  But an unarmed woman being shot to death by police at any of the riots last year would have been drawing as much if not more scrutiny than the riot and any destruction that occurred as a result of it.  I personally haven't seen any calls from the media or the left for an investigation into whether that shooting was a necessary use of deadly force.  The circumstances of this protest turned riot were more shocking as far as where it happened and the political context.  It should live in infamy especially with the fact it occurred at the encouragement of the sitting President.  But as far as violence and destruction it doesn't come close to some of the riots we've had the misfortune of watching over the last year in major cities here in the U.S.  Whether it be the burning down of entire city blocks, having people beaten nearly to death in the streets, rioters barricading and setting fire to a police station while officers were inside or having an armed militia roam the streets.  When I see people on social media showing pictures of what occurred, especially ones of people taking selfies inside the Capital, versus the images of places like Portland and Kenosha it puzzles me how most of those same people didn't speak out at all against the actions taken during those protests last year.  Unlike many of those chaotic events from last year I thankfully haven't heard of any elected officials or celebrities/sports figures justifying or excusing the chaos that took place this week. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Crazysam said:

But an unarmed woman being shot to death by police at any of the riots last year would have been drawing as much if not more scrutiny than the riot and any destruction that occurred as a result of it.  I personally haven't seen any calls from the media or the left for an investigation into whether that shooting was a necessary use of deadly force. 

That's the point I was trying to make. I wasn't comparing Ashli Babbit to George Floyd. It was a comment on the different media coverage.

6 hours ago, PeterS said:

What I don't get is that the country with the largest military on the planet had their centre of government overrun by the extras from an episode of The Purge in under two hours. 

2021-01-08_10-24-39.jpg

They weren't prepared because they didn't think white people knew how to riot...lol

• My Little Pony
2 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

They weren't prepared because they didn't think white people knew how to riot...lol

We invented that shit. Haha. 

11 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I'm sure everbody here is familiar with the name "George Floyd", but how often over the last 30 hours or so have you heard the name of the unarmed woman shot and killed by a Capitol Police Officer. 

It's "Ashli Babbit", BTW.

Have you heard the name Brian Sicknick? A police officer who has died from injuries from the riot/insurrection....there is no 'real' comparison between BLM protests and what happened at the Capitol bldg IMO.....

• 2023 Gold Donors
8 hours ago, PeterS said:

2021-01-08_10-24-39.jpg

Get your facts straight.It was the Village People at the Capitol !Village People Dancing GIF by Saturday Night Live

Edited by nyoilers

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Dead Planet said:

Have you heard the name Brian Sicknick? A police officer who has died from injuries from the riot/insurrection....there is no 'real' comparison between BLM protests and what happened at the Capitol bldg IMO.....

Again..

5 hours ago, Darkstone said:

That's the point I was trying to make. I wasn't comparing Ashli Babbit to George Floyd. It was a comment on the different media coverage.

1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

136746921_10158105973778789_544823477943

nobody is defending the rioters and looters from last year. They were arseholes too. 

The big difference here though is that back then a riotous mob was not egged on by the POTUS so go and attack the Capitol building where the vice president and every senator in the US was counting the votes. 

There is no defending it sorry. 

And comparing it is pointless. 

13 minutes ago, Glen said:

nobody is defending the rioters and looters from last year. They were arseholes too. 

The big difference here though is that back then a riotous mob was not egged on by the POTUS so go and attack the Capitol building where the vice president and every senator in the US was counting the votes. 

There is no defending it sorry. 

And comparing it is pointless. 

Show me where Trump told his supporters to go attack the Capitol. I'll wait.

12 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Show me where Trump told his supporters to go attack the Capitol. I'll wait

what did you think was going to happen when he told a bunch of baying morons they were going to walk down to the Capitol building ?

esp after RG demanded trial by combat???? 

plus read his tweets in the build up. 

quote:

"Washington is being inundated with people who don't want to see an election victory stolen. Our country has had enough, they won't take it anymore! We hear you from the Oval office. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN"

you think that is not inciting violence? 

Politics is about arranging facts in order to build a story to gain power and money. Politics thrives at the expense of truth. All news outlets are now overtly politically aligned. The stuff that comes from them is designed for political gain - not dissemination of truth - quite the opposite really. If you watch only one side of a story, don't kid yourself into thinking you know the truth about it. If you are afraid to listen to the other side, that may say more about you than them. It may make you feel good to hear your side but it does not make you an informed person. It actually makes you a blissfully ignorant person. If that is your goal, then stick with your side and pretend the other side is a monstrosity. That gives you permission to ignore them. But that's none of my business.

I want proof the President told his supporters to attack the Capitol. I'm still waiting because you can't prove it. "Let's march to the capitol" is a lot different than "let's breach the capitol and destroy the place".