Corona

simo

I never saw anything about "reducing" the spread. I still see signs every day in the doctor surgeries and nursing homes I frequent talking about stopping the spread. Plenty of recycled video clips on the net of all of our political leaders telling us that the vaccine will stop the spread too. 

I'm amazed that anyone still defends the whole thing. It never made any sense, at any point, that people under a certain age were mandated to take a vaccine which essentially provided little to no benefit to them and most certainly not those around them. And that's not to say people shouldn't have got it if that's what made them comfortable... as per the flu vaccination. 

Said it a million times, but I never questioned the use of the vaccine for certain age groups and I encouraged my parents to get it. But my forced vaccination never had any impact on them, or myself. Yet we were all forced to get it, and there is still garbage out there advising young children to get a covid vaccine. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I never saw anything about "reducing" the spread. I still see signs every day in the doctor surgeries and nursing homes I frequent talking about stopping the spread. Plenty of recycled video clips on the net of all of our political leaders telling us that the vaccine will stop the spread too. 

I'm amazed that anyone still defends the whole thing. It never made any sense, at any point, that people under a certain age were mandated to take a vaccine which essentially provided little to no benefit to them and most certainly not those around them. And that's not to say people shouldn't have got it if that's what made them comfortable... as per the flu vaccination. 

Said it a million times, but I never questioned the use of the vaccine for certain age groups and I encouraged my parents to get it. But my forced vaccination never had any impact on them, or myself. Yet we were all forced to get it, and there is still garbage out there advising young children to get a covid vaccine. 

Geoff, mandating the vaccine made billions for the drug companies and their shareholders. In the end, money makes the world go round. But those who bought the lie hook, line and sinker will never admit they were fooled, and will do everything they can to distract from the truth or demonise the folks who went the other way too far. It seems most people don't want to take a middle ground anymore. Classical liberalism is dead.

7 hours ago, auslander said:

Sounds like bullshit to me and a convenient distraction from the Pfizer reveal where they admitted that they knew the vaccine would not stop the spread.

And yep, I'm vaccinated, but in no way am I a sheep to big pharma and their sponsored media. Liars be liars who care more for profit than health of people.

'They' said a lot of things when the pandemic started and when the vaccines came out, mainly to keep people from panicking and because they really had no clue what was going on and how well the vax would work......

Today it should be obvious that the vax only helped to prevent major illness in the majority of vulnerable people who caught covid....

And in hindsight , people should not have lost jobs because they were not vaccinated....even today people are not being allowed back to their previous jobs because they are not vaccinated...fucking ridiculous now that we know better.....

As for the news article, is it really so hard to believe that there are people who are afraid of the vax to the extent that they would refuse a blood transfusion from someone who has been vaccinated? You can blame it on whatever you want but it is mainly because of misinformation and pure bullshit....

4 hours ago, auslander said:

Exactly, they claimed it would reduce spread. Now, they admit they knew it would not all along. Thus cost thousands of people their livelihoods as they lost jobs for refusing a vaccine which we now know did nothing to stop the spread. Sure it reduced symptoms but then why the panic if people didn't want it? If you had the vaccine you were still a spreader. And you are being a bit obtuse because you know yourself that all the health advice was that the vaccine would reduce the spread and it was a lie.

I'm confused by yr post?

if you got the vaccine you were less likely to 'catch' the virus. therefore less likely to spread it. But not immune to catching it.

If you caught it you should have isolated. 

not sure I'm getting yr point.

You can't argue with history. The UK figures reduced to virtually zero after the vaccines were rolled out. After having been terrible with 1000s of deaths a day 

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

C'mon mate.

please explain how the vaccines did not reduce the spread exactly. I'm all ears.

Whilst you're at it please explain how the UK went from a disaster zone to near zero cases and opened up way before most other countries after the roll out. 

you're from Australia - your country's main issue was your disastrous vaccine roll out and buying into the ridiculous Astra panic. Ooh, 50 people out of 10 million had a blood clot. Mass panic over nothing. 

1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

This thread is deja vu all over again...

this is officially the last place on the net that I still see people even mentioning it let alone still dredging up conspiracy theories 

pretty sad really. 

2 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

You must not go many places on the net...

Most of the internet is now siloed to fit certain political ideologies depending on your interest and algorithms just strengthen this with their suggestions. You can quite easily avoid different ideas completely (and therefore convince yourself that most people agree with you).

• Haha 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, Glen said:

please explain how the vaccines did not reduce the spread exactly. I'm all ears.

Whilst you're at it please explain how the UK went from a disaster zone to near zero cases and opened up way before most other countries after the roll out. 

you're from Australia - your country's main issue was your disastrous vaccine roll out and buying into the ridiculous Astra panic. Ooh, 50 people out of 10 million had a blood clot. Mass panic over nothing. 

My comment was more about you being confused by Auslander's remarks.

You don't agree with them and that's fair enough, but you can surely understand the point being made.

I thought it was pretty clear. 

Edited by Darkstone

17 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

You don't agree with them and that's fair enough, but you can surely understand the point being made.

But because Glen did either not understand, or not agree with the point, it is a conspiracy theory. 

I’m not really sure how that game works, but if I don’t agree with Glen does that make all his points conspiracy theories too? 

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

But because Glen did either not understand, or not agree with the point, it is a conspiracy theory. 

I’m not really sure how that game works, but if I don’t agree with Glen does that make all his points conspiracy theories too? 

let's just term it misinformation - happy now 

8 hours ago, Darkstone said:

was it? he was basically saying that he was surprised that P said they knew all along it wouldnt stop spread.

How can you be surprised by that??

the vaccines would never stop spread only help to reduce spread & lessen the severity of the symptoms. That was made clear. And I'm not talking about Omicrom which is basically like a bad cold now. I'm talking about when covid was actually bad. 

You remember those days yeah, when 1000s were dying in US, UK, Italy Spain. You know, those stats that even Geoff admitted were scary (in this thread) and prayed that those stats never hit Aus shores. You know those stats ;)

Anyway, who the fuck cares anymore.

As I said this is about the only thread left on the Internet.

Apart from Dan's dodgy sites on course ;)

Edited by Glen

39 minutes ago, Glen said:

was it? he was basically saying that he was surprised that P said they knew all along it wouldnt stop spread.

How can you be surprised by that??

the vaccines would never stop spread only help to reduce spread & lessen the severity of the symptoms. That was made clear. And I'm not talking about Omicrom which is basically like a bad cold now. I'm talking about when covid was actually bad. 

You remember those days yeah, when 1000s were dying in US, UK, Italy Spain. You know, those stats that even Geoff admitted were scary (in this thread) and prayed that those stats never hit Aus shores. You know those stats ;)

Anyway, who the fuck cares anymore.

As I said this is about the only thread left on the Internet.

Apart from Dan's dodgy sites on course ;)

Pfizer had admitted that it didn't even reduce spread. It did nothing about the spread. All it reduced were symptoms.

I also find people who use the pejorative term "misinformation" are the same people who are fully invested into indoctrination.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, auslander said:

Pfizer had admitted that it didn't even reduce spread. It did nothing about the spread. All it reduced were symptoms.

I also find people who use the pejorative term "misinformation" are the same people who are fully invested into indoctrination.

so what happened in the UK then lol? or was that a mere coincidence ;)

oh wait, that was Astra not Pfizer 🤣🤣

26 minutes ago, Glen said:

so what happened in the UK then lol? or was that a mere coincidence ;)

But what about Africa, with the lowest vaccination numbers worldwide, as well as most of the lowest death rates worldwide? What say you of this? 

Natural immunity and the natural evolution of a virus play no part? If not for vaccines we'd all be dead now? 

Just now, Geoff said:

But what about Africa, with the lowest vaccination numbers worldwide, as well as most of the lowest death rates worldwide? What say you of this? 

Natural immunity and the natural evolution of a virus play no part? If not for vaccines we'd all be dead now? 

covid never took hold much in Africa. 

anyway aren't we talking about if vaccines reversed the stats in affected countries.

no one can argue that the vaccine rollout didnt reduce the spread and numbers in UK & US 

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

covid never took hold much in Africa. 

anyway aren't we talking about if vaccines reversed the stats in affected countries.

no one can argue that the vaccine rollout didnt reduce the spread and numbers in UK & US 

Honestly mate, who knows? It's all speculation. 

I know you want to ignore places like Africa, or Sweden, but I don't. We all have our opinions. I think covid was something, and even a need for measured reaction. But I also think the most insane over-reaction in human history was how it was handled and honestly believe that over-reaction, in time, will far outweigh the effects of covid-19 itself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Honestly mate, who knows? It's all speculation. 

I know you want to ignore places like Africa, or Sweden, but I don't. We all have our opinions. I think covid was something, and even a need for measured reaction. But I also think the most insane over-reaction in human history was how it was handled and honestly believe that over-reaction, in time, will far outweigh the effects of covid-19 itself. 

I don't ignore Sweden, I just acknowledge that it has less than the population of London. 

And Stockholm has a population density of 370/ Square Km.

London is over 5000 / Square km.

in fact Stockholm wouldn't even feature in the UK top 100 most densely populated areas. 

;)

• 2023 Gold Donors

'Misinformation' and 'conspiracy theorist' are terms liberals and the media like to use to try and demonize people who oppose them..yeah well just call it 'misinformation' that'll shut 'em up'.The new 'racist' - if you will .Just call someone a 'racist' .. a 'sexist'...a homophobe', a conspiracy theorist' and all debate is over according to useless,maniacal libtard imbeciles who fail at life.

7 hours ago, Metal T said:

'Misinformation' and 'conspiracy theorist' are terms liberals and the media like to use to try and demonize people who oppose them..yeah well just call it 'misinformation' that'll shut 'em up'.The new 'racist' - if you will .Just call someone a 'racist' .. a 'sexist'...a homophobe', a conspiracy theorist' and all debate is over according to useless,maniacal libtard imbeciles who fail at life.

wrong. I only use the term misinformation when it is warranted

perfectly happy to listen to other people's opinions and change my mind.

in this case though squawking about vaccines not working is spewing misinformation. 

On the flip side, you call anyone who disagrees with you a liberal and end your debate in the same way ;)