Corona

simo

3 hours ago, Glen said:

move on mate ;)

Not overly obvious, but I actually had and have. Just wanted to point out to DP why his article didn't attract any interest, even for vaccine die-hards. 

11 hours ago, Geoff said:

I think the article was ignored because it's like posting an article about a Jewish person stealing a few chocolate bars from his local supermarket during the Holocaust. 

Sure, the dozen or so people the article is probably referring to seem to be making very silly personal decisions for themselves. But pro-vaccine folk have stopped short of calling for criminal charges against unvaccinated people over the last few years, to the point where they were actually banished from society without any justification whatsoever. And these decisions of unvaccinated banishment were supported but every terrified, irrational gronk and their dog. 

So yeah, a dozen or so unvaccinated people may have a few silly ideas about blood transfusions, but have you got an article about the absolute maggots who unjustly targeted unvaccinated people over the last few years? With pfizer's latest admissions, so that even the brainwashed can now understand, that kind of story might invite a little more commentary? 

The unvaccinated should no longer be disadvantaged in any way now that the majority of people are vaccinated. I get the original panic from authorities and the general populace when they did not know enough about the virus and its transmission and went after those who refused the vax.....I get trying every avenue to convince people to get vaccinated since the health care system (at least in Canada) was overwhelmed and is in a bad way even today....personally I would never have cared if people got the vax but I do care about the health care system collapsing because of covid and the vax did lower the risk of serious illness by a huge margin which took some of the pressure off....

And let us not forget that hindsight is always 20/20 so looking back on the actions of the authorities who were in the middle of a bad situation that they were not prepared for and criticizing their every move may make people feel better but it does nothing to change the past.....the real criticism is that the idiots did not have a comprehensive plan in place to deal with a pandemic and probably still don't have one as politicians tend to react not act....

Obviously the Australian experience is very different from the Canadian or UK or US experience of covid......and I'm not in a position to judge what happened in Australia...

Edited by Dead Planet

Don't be scared..... the Tripledemic is here:

Is the US facing a potential 'tripledemic' of flu, RSV and COVID-19? - ABC News (go.com)

As summer ended and the United States headed into the fall and winter, doctors were worried Americans would see a "twindemic" -- a situation in which both flu and COVID-19 spread at the same time.

But experts told ABC News the country may now be facing the threat of a "tripledemic" as doctors see an early rise in other pediatric respiratory viruses, particularly respiratory syncytial virus, or RSV.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, respiratory illnesses are appearing earlier, and in more people, than in recent years.

The federal health agency says there has also been early increases in flu activity across most of the U.S. with indications that this season could be much more severe than the previous two seasons.

As of Monday afternoon, pediatric bed occupancy in the U.S. is the highest it's been in two years with 75% of the estimated 40,000 beds filled with patients, according to an ABC News analysis.

Edited by AlphaMale

On 10/21/2022 at 6:55 PM, auslander said:

Um, who is the moron? Ffs have you heard about births and immigration? Fuck me sometimes fools being fools is just hard to fathom...

Anyone could do a quick google like I did and see Geoff meant 12K per die in the UK approx per week.

Ooooh, someone's been taking Geoff's angry pills.

Do you hate Australia like him as well?

How long have you thought of Glen as a moron? Is this a recent thing, or are you just coming out of your shell and releasing pent up anger? Are you going  to start ripping in to him all the time, or was this a one off?

33 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Ooooh, someone's been taking Geoff's angry pills.

Do you hate Australia like him as well?

How long have you thought of Glen as a moron? Is this a recent thing, or are you just coming out of your shell and releasing pent up anger? Are you going  to start ripping in to him all the time, or was this a one off?

I dunno mate, you tell me. Maybe you can look through 2 years of my posts to find a gotcha moment and prove me wrong on some point or other. 

It's actually pretty funny how butthurt you have become over the "douche-expert" joke. Do you want me to apologise so you can feel all better about your big ol' self?

In the meantime, it is Halloween and I am going to go dressed as you.

1749925004_images(50).jpeg.8c457783e49fdbdd36949e9c7dd36a2d.jpeg

Edited by auslander
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, auslander said:

I dunno mate, you tell me. Maybe you can look through 2 years of my posts to find a gotcha moment and prove me wrong on some point or other. 

It's actually pretty funny how butthurt you have become over the "douche-expert" joke. Do you want me to apologise so you can feel all better about your big ol' self?

In the meantime, it is Halloween and I am going to go dressed as you.

1749925004_images(50).jpeg.8c457783e49fdbdd36949e9c7dd36a2d.jpeg

Cool,

Geoff, I'm moving on from you for now.
'lil Geoff is beckoning.
I'm not butt hurt at all, just find it kinda funny that you're all 'play nice, move on' and then suddenly decide to come out and wave the CTS is a dick flag.
I'm sure I could go back and find stupid posts from you and have a bit of fun, but I guess you just don't mean that much to me yet.
With Geoff it was funny because he is so set in his "covid is nothing, it was always nothing, and everyone over reacted and I've been saying this since day 1" stance that finding his comments that were so hypocritical was fun.
He even thought I had edited them, they were so different to what he thinks now.

Annnnnyway, back to australialander
Seems like you're hankering bit of douchey keyboard warrior treatment?
Happy tyo give you an out.
I can just walk away and just acknowledge that you have reached puberty, your balls have dropped, and you're ready to stand up for your 'lil old feelings.
Equally as happy to be a douche, and have you react to be just as douchey.
Let me know :wub:

42 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Back on topic.... the tripledemic..... who's buying??

Was is this you speak of?

Haven't watched the news for years now, so if it ain't in my Facebook feed I don't know about it.

13 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Was is this you speak of?

Haven't watched the news for years now, so if it ain't in my Facebook feed I don't know about it.

It's a story in my post above:

As summer ended and the United States headed into the fall and winter, doctors were worried Americans would see a "twindemic" -- a situation in which both flu and COVID-19 spread at the same time.

But experts told ABC News the country may now be facing the threat of a "tripledemic" as doctors see an early rise in other pediatric respiratory viruses, particularly respiratory syncytial virus, or RSV.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, respiratory illnesses are appearing earlier, and in more people, than in recent years.

The federal health agency says there has also been early increases in flu activity across most of the U.S. with indications that this season could be much more severe than the previous two seasons.

As of Monday afternoon, pediatric bed occupancy in the U.S. is the highest it's been in two years with 75% of the estimated 40,000 beds filled with patients, according to an ABC News analysis.

Ok thanks.

Very basic logic illustrates that the flu season worldwide is going to be more severe.

Social distancing, masks, etc all played a part in reducing flu cases during covid.

Here the flu pretty much disappeared for 2 years.

Some of my family got the flu a few months ago and felt pretty shit. I had got the flu jab so didn't get it.

But effectively we go back to flu seasons now where there will be normal flus and bad flus.

I know nothing about RSV.

Surprised the media beat up hasn't made it over here yet though.

18 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

It's a story in my post above:

I'd be beside myself with concern about this and could only trust that, much like every single other ridiculous prediction made during the "pandemic," this one will come true too! 

A mask has not been removed in Australia over the past three years without some group of morons predicting armageddon because of it. Still folk amongst us who believe it'll still kill us all. 

My prediction above the above story? Like every single other one of its kind during the "pandemic," it'll amount to absolutely nothing whatsoever. 

Anyway, I know no one will watch it, but this video was interesting. Don't know if anyone else watches this guy. He's generally a very neutral observer and only quotes direct figures and stats, I guess hinting at an opinion every now and then. But even he skates on thin ice and has a youtube strike against him for "misinformation," such is the nature of censorship in 2022. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

I'd be beside myself with concern about this and could only trust that, much like every single other ridiculous prediction made during the "pandemic," this one will come true too! 

A mask has not been removed in Australia over the past three years without some group of morons predicting armageddon because of it. Still folk amongst us who believe it'll still kill us all. 

My prediction above the above story? Like every single other one of its kind during the "pandemic," it'll amount to absolutely nothing whatsoever. 

Anyway, I know no one will watch it, but this video was interesting. Don't know if anyone else watches this guy. He's generally a very neutral observer and only quotes direct figures and stats, I guess hinting at an opinion every now and then. But even he skates on thin ice and has a youtube strike against him for "misinformation," such is the nature of censorship in 2022. 

You better start wearing 3 masks! Sorta like the 3 condoms you use every time you go up into Cody. 

1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

You better start wearing 3 masks! Sorta like the 3 condoms you use every time you go up into Cody. 

Three masks? Don't be a madman. I'd not dream to leave the house with any less than seven on my face. 

As for Cody; with three condoms, things would not fit, if you understand my sexy insinuation. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Three masks? Don't be a madman. I'd not dream to leave the house with any less than seven on my face. 

As for Cody; with three condoms, things would not fit, if you understand my sexy insinuation. 

I don't know.... ever since Cody's movie "Horsin' Around", I think that his hole got very big after ole Trigger pulled the trigger.

All the shitty covid stuff seems to have left a lasting mark on us here in some places.
My daughter is having her first baby in Jan and she is only allowed one person per day to visit.
So that will be her partner (as it should be)
No other family can visit, masked or not, so we will have to wait until she comes home to see the baby.
Doesn't really fuss me, newborns are just blobs for the first couple of weeks, but my wife isn't overly impressed.

In other news, recently Australia's richest woman Gina, Reinhart, withdrew her 15 million sponsorship of our national netball team, because an indiginous player (who hadn't even played for the team yet) didn't like the recist comments made by Gina's father 40 years ago and kicked up a shit and the team suppoorter her and asked to not wear the sponsors logo.
So she said 'fuck it' and took back the 15M
Then tyoday, we found out that our state government is sponsoring the netball team.
Tax payers now sponsoring sport. Yay. I guess as a taxpayer (and sponsor) I get into the games free :)

People getting canceled for comments made 5, 10, 20, or 50 years ago is beyond stupid.

By extension, Joe Biden should be immediately impeached for his comments from 30 years ago that are now definitively considered racist.*

(*Current legitimate reasons for him to be removed from office notwithstanding.)

2 hours ago, Darkstone said:

This is why it's hard to "move on".

The clip at the 3 minute mark of this vid is a Fucking Disgrace!

Will watch tomorrow, but I can predict how it'll go. And it's part of my internal conflict these days. I've known my whole life to "let things go" and that dwelling on stuff doesn't really achieve much. But the last few years have been so far beyond anything we've ever known, and hopefully, if it is not swept under the carpet, anything we will ever know again in our lifetime. I know I'm not achieving anything in my space by being unwilling to "move on" but I'm glad that somewhere out there, people who can hopefully make a difference also have a similar mindset.

The thing I notice is that those most vocal about moving on are the ones that just blindly supported everything that happened over the last few years. Whether they've finally come to some kind of realisation and are ashamed of themselves and want to move on, or whether they still just believe everything was justified and it's time to move on... I know not the answer to this. 

But I sure as hell hope people who can make a difference do not move on. I'd personally love to see criminal charges laid against the worst offenders, such as "health experts" and premiers in this country. Things that happened should not go unpunished, and a clear understanding that what happened can never happen again would be the most ideal of outcomes. 

17 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

All the shitty covid stuff seems to have left a lasting mark on us here in some places.
My daughter is having her first baby in Jan and she is only allowed one person per day to visit.
So that will be her partner (as it should be)
No other family can visit, masked or not, so we will have to wait until she comes home to see the baby.
Doesn't really fuss me, newborns are just blobs for the first couple of weeks, but my wife isn't overly impressed.

lol. Interesting. So I have an issue with moronic covid restrictions and cop a pathetic barrage of wah wah's, but the idiocy comes to affect you personally and suddenly you're not so fond of your master's rules? Do you tell your wife to just move on? 

On a side note, I witnessed a receptionist at a doctor's surgery tell a patient and his daughter to wait outside the other day because they didn't have masks. The receptionist was wearing a mask, behind a massive glass divider in an empty waiting room. Patient obviously had no symptoms whatsoever. Seems like doctor's surgeries, hospitals and nursing homes will be the lands that time forgot in the wake of covid. I think at least masks, but possibly tests, sign ins, QR codes (honestly, what would even get done with that data anymore???) and incomprehensible idiocy will be permanent in these settings from now on. :(

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Geoff said:

The thing I notice is that those most vocal about moving on are the ones that just blindly supported everything that happened over the last few years. Whether they've finally come to some kind of realisation and are ashamed of themselves and want to move on, or whether they still just believe everything was justified and it's time to move on... I know not the answer to this. 

another barbed comment aimed to provoke.

move on mate.

Just now, Glen said:

another barbed comment aimed to provoke.

move on mate.

No, it's not aimed to provoke as the discussions in this thread bore and irritate me. It's merely the truth as I see it. I don't know how the most insane idiocy, over the span of almost three years, can be something to just move on from. It's just inviting it to happen all over again. 

Obviously a very different scenario, but it's like telling parents of children lost in a high school massacre to just move on. You and I may be "lucky" that the heaviest weight of the covid idiocy didn't impact us personally on anything more than a trivial level (which is in the eye of the beholder itself), but not everyone was so "lucky."