Corona

simo

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

lets see how things look in a few months at least before we write him off for the next 4 years....;)

Fair enough, because of course, that's what happened with Trump.  :whistle:

Did you yourself show Trump the same courtesy? 

I can cleary remember all the "not my President" rallies all around the World, not just in the US and that was the day after the Ekection FFS.

• My Little Pony
1 minute ago, Darkstone said:

I can cleary remember all the "not my President" rallies all around the World, not just in the US and that was the day after the Ekection FFS.

I didn't ekect him!

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I didn't ekect him!

Actually, come to think of it. He's not my President either. Fuck him!

BTW, just keep an eye on the spelling there Brother. You're better than that.

27 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

My memory is far from perfect but I don't believe I paid much attention to Trump for at least the first several months of his presidency...I remember finding him and the reaction to his win as funny...the seriousness of the situation only set in much later....

• 2023 Gold Donors
30 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

My memory is far from perfect but I don't believe I paid much attention to Trump for at least the first several months of his presidency...I remember finding him and the reaction to his win as funny...the seriousness of the situation only set in much later....

Yeah, I must admit, it was all quite surreal from the time he started his campaign, but he was never given a chance.

He was pushing shit uphill from before day one. 

20 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

Yeah, I must admit, it was all quite surreal from the time he started his campaign, but he was never given a chance.

He was pushing shit uphill from before day one. 

I still say that if Trump had stayed off Twitter he would probably have won a second term...most of the bad publicity came from idiotic comments on Twitter that the media made sure the world knew about in real time....so bottom line he was the author of his own demise politically....most of the shit he was pushing uphill was his own.....

Edited by Dead Planet

• 2023 Gold Donors
11 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

I still say that if Trump had stayed off Twitter he would probably have won a second term...most of the bad publicity came from idiotic comments on Twitter that the media made sure the world knew about in real time....so bottom line he was the author of his own demise politically....most of the shit he was pushing uphill was his own.....

Perhaps his twitter account didn't do him any favours and could have been managed better, but I can fully understand why he would turn to an alternate source of Media. The Mainstream Media was never on his side.

9 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Perhaps his twitter account didn't do him any favours and could have been managed better, but I can fully understand why he would turn to an alternate source of Media. The Mainstream Media was never on his side.

The liberal media had it out for him after the 'access hollywood tape' and for good reason IMO......but if he had kept his head down and just done the job of president a lot of the negativity would have dissipated eventually, instead he constantly complained and insulted anyone who did not kiss his ass, if he had not been on twitter the liberals would have had to talk about policy and political issues and most people would have tuned it all out until the next election cycle....

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Dead Planet said:

The liberal media had it out for him after the 'access hollywood tape' and for good reason IMO......but if he had kept his head down and just done the job of president a lot of the negativity would have dissipated eventually, instead he constantly complained and insulted anyone who did not kiss his ass, if he had not been on twitter the liberals would have had to talk about policy and political issues and most people would have tuned it all out until the next election cycle....

I'm just thankful that he's gone and also his grifter family.

Even people I know that support Trump agree that his family should've stayed out of the limelight.

On 2/24/2021 at 3:26 PM, Darkstone said:

If anyone thinks this BULLSHIT! Isn't about fear, power and control, then they're kidding themselves. 

This was in the State of Western Australia. The other side of the country for me, but I gotta say, this is the thin edge of the wedge.

The first interaction this guy had with the officer was bad enough, but the follow up from the detectives was disgraceful. 

What a load of rubbish that was.

All he had to do was ID himself and produce his certificate.
He just didn't want to comply so now he's suing the police? the government?
His agenda became clear during the clip. He's just a protestor who probably said a lot of shit before he started filming or conveniently edited it out.
Even if he didn't, the creation of the clip to 'prove' he was running is laughable, and it's just some passive resistance that failed.
Even the cop said he was gritting his teeth during the clip, an example of what we didn't see that may have aggravated the cops on both occasions.

It's pretty simple, carry a mask with you.
You don't have to wear it.
If a cop taps your shoulder, he's gonna ask if you have a mask.
You say, oh shit, I forgot and put it on. End of story.

OR you can get your phone out and start some shit...

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

He's just a protestor who probably said a lot of shit before he started filming or conveniently edited it out.

"Probably".

Basing your argument on assumptions for a start.

Even if he didn't, the creation of the clip to 'prove' he was running is laughable, and it's just some passive resistance that failed.

The only thing that is laughable is that in this current climate he had to create a clip to prove his activities/cover himself and luckily he did.

Even the cop said he was gritting his teeth during the clip, an example of what we didn't see that may have aggravated the cops on both occasions.

I tell you what. I'd be gritting my teeth as well, if I was subject to such blatant harassment by the police. They fucked up initially and they know it.

If a cop taps your shoulder, he's gonna ask if you have a mask.
You say, oh shit, I forgot and put it on. End of story.

Um... no. That's not the end of the story and this time you know it.

It may be, but if you find yourself confronted by some young officer who thinks he's Elliott Ness then "oh shit, I forgot" isn't gonna wash and you'll walk away with a $1600 fine.

It's not the most outrageous clip in the world, but as I said, it's the thin edge of the wedge. It's not about covid or masks.

Edited by Darkstone

20 hours ago, Darkstone said:

"Probably".

Basing your argument on assumptions for a start.

The only thing that is laughable is that in this current climate he had to create a clip to prove his activities/cover himself and luckily he did.

I tell you what. I'd be gritting my teeth as well, if I was subject to such blatant harassment by the police. They fucked up initially and they know it.

Um... no. That's not the end of the story and this time you know it.

It may be, but if you find yourself confronted by some young officer who thinks he's Elliott Ness then "oh shit, I forgot" isn't gonna wash and you'll walk away with a $1600 fine.

It's not the most outrageous clip in the world, but as I said, it's the thin edge of the wedge. It's not about covid or masks.

Gotta agree with Darkstone here. It doesn't really matter what else happened - the fact that the police are using their time to enforce this mask garbage in Australia is a complete waste of time. I don't wear one - never have - and have been asked several times on the train to put one on, by patrolling police officers. And it aggravates me but I do it because I'm not there to cause a scene. 

But why in this christ forsaken fucking country do we have police patrolling trains looking for people not wearing masks? In a state that has not had a covid case for over a month, and in a place (a train) where as far as I understand it, a covid case has never, ever, once been passed on? 

I absolutely can't stand people just going along with it thinking everything's all cool and thinking we'll all get this vaccine and everything will be normal again. This mask rubbish has absolutely nothing at all to do with people's safety or "stopping the spread." Stop the spread of what? 

Now I drive along the road all day and I see braindead fucking deadshits driving along by themselves in their car wearing masks, or walking along empty suburban streets (not shopping centres) wearing a mask. In parks... the fear they've been drilling into everyone has blended itself with a healthy dose of stupidity and everyone who hasn't thought to actually think for a second is just going along with it. It's like half the population has just resigned to the fact that we're going to be wearing masks for the rest of our lives. The same stupid fucking things we were all told from the beginning actually serve no purpose. 

Anyway, rant over. 

I have actually tried contacting several departments of government asking what the fuck is going on with this mask nonsense, but a response I am yet to receive, bar one auto-reply that infuriated me even more. 

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Gotta agree with Darkstone here. It doesn't really matter what else happened - the fact that the police are using their time to enforce this mask garbage in Australia is a complete waste of time. I don't wear one - never have - and have been asked several times on the train to put one on, by patrolling police officers. And it aggravates me but I do it because I'm not there to cause a scene. 

But why in this christ forsaken fucking country do we have police patrolling trains looking for people not wearing masks? In a state that has not had a covid case for over a month, and in a place (a train) where as far as I understand it, a covid case has never, ever, once been passed on? 

I absolutely can't stand people just going along with it thinking everything's all cool and thinking we'll all get this vaccine and everything will be normal again. This mask rubbish has absolutely nothing at all to do with people's safety or "stopping the spread." Stop the spread of what? 

Now I drive along the road all day and I see braindead fucking deadshits driving along by themselves in their car wearing masks, or walking along empty suburban streets (not shopping centres) wearing a mask. In parks... the fear they've been drilling into everyone has blended itself with a healthy dose of stupidity and everyone who hasn't thought to actually think for a second is just going along with it. It's like half the population has just resigned to the fact that we're going to be wearing masks for the rest of our lives. The same stupid fucking things we were all told from the beginning actually serve no purpose. 

Anyway, rant over. 

I have actually tried contacting several departments of government asking what the fuck is going on with this mask nonsense, but a response I am yet to receive, bar one auto-reply that infuriated me even more. 

I just wanna be clear that I'm not ok with how much I'm agreeing with you, lately. 

But, yes, I see people driving by themselves, or walking along the street, or at a park wearing a mask, and I just wanna smack them. Now, I have to believe that some of them have just grown accustomed to wearing them all day at work, so they don't bother taking them off once they're in the car or walking home. Right? They can't be so dense. Can they? Why else would you sacrifice clean, fresh air for your own recycled, nasty breath?

I only ever wear a mask when I go shopping. I don't need one to work. My life in general hasn't changed much apart from not seeing 80% of my friends--the ones afraid of contracting Covids. And even they are slowly changing their minds. 

I'm reminded of the film Along Came Polly. You gotta live your life. You can't live in fear. There are countless things that will kill you and ways to die. Do you wanna focus on the "dangers" in the world and be paralysed with fear, or be somewhat ignorant and live in bliss? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I just wanna be clear that I'm not ok with how much I'm agreeing with you, lately. 

But, yes, I see people driving by themselves, or walking along the street, or at a park wearing a mask, and I just wanna smack them. Now, I have to believe that some of them have just grown accustomed to wearing them all day at work, so they don't bother taking them off once they're in the car or walking home. Right? They can't be so dense. Can they? Why else would you sacrifice clean, fresh air for your own recycled, nasty breath?

I only ever wear a mask when I go shopping. I don't need one to work. My life in general hasn't changed much apart from not seeing 80% of my friends--the ones afraid of contracting Covids. And even they are slowly changing their minds. 

I'm reminded of the film Along Came Polly. You gotta live your life. You can't live in fear. There are countless things that will kill you and ways to die. Do you wanna focus on the "dangers" in the world and be paralysed with fear, or be somewhat ignorant and live in bliss? 

Even our news reporters stand out on the street somewhere completely alone besides the cameraman, and they wear mask. It's fucking ridiculous. 

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

Even our news reporters stand out on the street somewhere completely alone besides the cameraman, and they wear mask. It's fucking ridiculous. 

It's all for show. 

1 minute ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

It's all for show. 

I wouldn't doubt that one bit.

They all talk with the mask on and sound like they have Geoff's dick in their mouths. 

• Like 1

I wear a mask when shopping or around others in a public indoor area...otherwise it is a waste of time.... the people who refuse to wear one in public areas are idiots.... it no more infringes on your freedoms than wearing a seat belt when driving.... as for Australia, the situation is obviously different than for most of the rest of us as there is a very low rate of the virus there.... so I guess the question to ask is...would there be a much worse spread of the virus if no one was wearing a mask?  The politicians can't win in this case as they make people wear masks to slow the spread and people say it is a waste of time to wear masks because there is no spread of the virus....if they did not make people mask up and the virus spread like wildfire then they would be chastised for not making masking rules....

23 hours ago, Geoff said:

Anyway, rant over. 

Guess what?
Lockdowns resulted in much less crime.
Less crime, less paperwork, more time on their hands.
Most cops I've chatted to have happily admitted that they don't want to be wasting their time asking people about masks.
Hell some of them said they won't fine people for using a mobile phone in a car if stopped at the lights. They said that was up to each cops discretion.

Anyway, the internet is full of these videos where it has been convenient edited to remove the snorts (pig), or the calling out and ranting before the 'innocent poor bloke' bit starts.
I mean this guy is actively an anti masker and has contributed to this dudes podcast or whatever it is.
He likely went out roaming around until he was eventually bailed up.
Probably because he was looking so suss.
Sure that's pure speculation, but these people are tossers.

And Geoff, not surprised you haven't worn a mask, you live in NSW.
Shit is very different down here.
Only last week we got back to not having them compulsory in some indoor places, but still are in shopping centres gyms, etc
But nightclubs are open again, but don't need masks lol

7 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

so I guess the question to ask is...would there be a much worse spread of the virus if no one was wearing a mask?

Yes, that is the question.
and the WORLD fucked it up but dismissing masks when all this started.
Then they went back when they had good supplies and said, "um, yeah, wear them"

Anyway, they may well have had a significant impact.
Personally I believe that they do have an impact in reducing spread, but not as much as they'd like you to believe.
Look at NSW vs Victoria.
NSW only made  masks mandatory once I think, for maybe a week or 2.
Yet their spread was far far far less than our when masks were mandatory everywhere, inside and out.

What really reduced covid in Australia is that we are an island, and are far more able to control people in and out of the country.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

I wear a mask when shopping or around others in a public indoor area...otherwise it is a waste of time.... the people who refuse to wear one in public areas are idiots.... it no more infringes on your freedoms than wearing a seat belt when driving.... as for Australia, the situation is obviously different than for most of the rest of us as there is a very low rate of the virus there.... so I guess the question to ask is...would there be a much worse spread of the virus if no one was wearing a mask?  The politicians can't win in this case as they make people wear masks to slow the spread and people say it is a waste of time to wear masks because there is no spread of the virus....if they did not make people mask up and the virus spread like wildfire then they would be chastised for not making masking rules....

The situation in Australia was well under control well before anyone started even considering compulsory masks. The first wave had been and gone and mandatory masks only came in about a month or two ago, well after the height of panic and fear mongering. It was an ill-timed, grotesque afterthought. Not a preventative measure. 

I'm not completely against masks just for the fun of it. I genuinely do not think for a second that they stop the spread of the virus. If someone came up and rubbed themselves on my face while infected and concentrated on the masked area, it might be worthwhile. But I like to think. Something rare these days. What scenario in my daily life would a mask a. prevent me from spreading the virus or b. prevent me from picking up the virus? You know what I come up with when I go through my daily routine? Zero times. There is no scenario in my entire day where a mask would prevent me giving or receiving covid-19. It is that simple. 

I've always equated it to wearing a helmet in a car. Yes, there's a one in a billion chance it might save your life one time, but are we all going to wear helmets in a car... just in case? 

Australia got it's situation under control with the lockdowns and contact tracing and all the other shit we hear about every day. I don't for one second believe that mask wearing has had any impact whatsoever. 

If you can't differentiate between wearing a seatbelt and a mask, then I pity you. You're obviously one of the masses who seem totally fine with wearing a mask for the rest of your life. But remember everyone is not the same. Some people don't like them. I absolutely hate the stupid fucking things. Australia has a pretty warm climate, especially in summer - I welcome you to come and walk around here all day with a stupid piece of shit on your face after 40 years of breathing fresh air, and tell me it's just like wearing a seat belt in a car. ;)

13 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

And Geoff, not surprised you haven't worn a mask, you live in NSW.
Shit is very different down here.
Only last week we got back to not having them compulsory in some indoor places, but still are in shopping centres gyms, etc
But nightclubs are open again, but don't need masks lol

That's what I'm saying about NSW. All the big clusters back in the day seem to have started at restaurants and weddings and stuff like that. Far as I understand it, masks are (rightly so) not mandatory at such places and events (though I think restaurant staff need to wear them?) but I am not aware of a single case every being spread on public transport, yet it's mandatory for them to be worn on public transport? Why?

13 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Yes, that is the question.
and the WORLD fucked it up but dismissing masks when all this started.
Then they went back when they had good supplies and said, "um, yeah, wear them"

Anyway, they may well have had a significant impact.
Personally I believe that they do have an impact in reducing spread, but not as much as they'd like you to believe.
Look at NSW vs Victoria.
NSW only made  masks mandatory once I think, for maybe a week or 2.
Yet their spread was far far far less than our when masks were mandatory everywhere, inside and out.

What really reduced covid in Australia is that we are an island, and are far more able to control people in and out of the country.

I'm just some dumb guy, and no one will ever know either way, but I don't for a single second believe they would have made one ounce of difference if they'd been compulsory from the start. Maybe one or two less cases or something minute like that, but I even doubt that.

I just invite people to sit down, analyse a typical day and think how a mask may or may not prevent them from getting the virus, or spreading it. 

Don't the "experts" say they're only "useful" for about two hours anyway? If that's the case, how many people do you think are swapping their masks every two hours? The one I have in my pocket I've had for about 2 months.