Tokyo Motor Fist - Ted Poley & Steve Brown

tts42572

15252652_1224985434224172_88774869330379

From Frontier FB page....This sounds interesting....Not sure about the band name though...

BREAKING NEWS: You don’t need to be a die-hard '80s metal fan to know that the fruits of an artistic alliance between Danger Danger singer Ted Poleyand guitarist/producer Steve Brown of TRIXTER is going to make melodic rock fans rejoice! The two musicians from New Jersey have recently created TOKYO MOTOR FIST and the new band is ready to unleash on the world their self-titled debut album on February 24, 2017 via Frontiers Music Srl. Pre-order here: http://radi.al/TokyoMotorFist
- http://radi.al/TokyoMotorFistiTunes
- http://radi.al/TokyoMotorFistAmazon
- http://radi.al/TokyoMotorFistGoogleP

Indeed, Tokyo Motor Fist is exactly what you would expect: catchy and uplifting hard rock, the way is should be! You want big – we mean, BIG - hooks? You got ‘em. What about major guitar riffs? Of course there’s plenty of those. Killer rhythm section? Well, with Greg Smith (Ted Nugent, Rainbow, Alice Cooper) and Chuck Burgi (Rainbow, Blue Oyster Cult, Joe Lynn Turner) you simply can’t go wrong!

Ted and Steve have been friends for a long time. They were playing the same club circuit with their respective bands, Danger Danger and Trixter, when both bands were starting their careers. Over the years, they've had a great personal relationship and the idea of doing a record together has been in the cards for many years. Now, thanks to Frontiers this concept has become a reality.

“To say that I’m excited for the world to hear TOKYO MOTOR FIST would be an understatement,” says Steve Brown. “Working on this project with my Rock and Roll Brothers Ted Poley, Greg Smith & Chuck Burgi was a total blast….We had fun and it shows in the performances and in the music! As a songwriter I couldn’t be happier with the way the songs came together. Fans of TRIXTER, DANGER DANGER, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi and Cheap Trick will get the best of all those worlds.”

Ted Poley adds: “Working with guys of this caliber was amazing. I was excited to collaborate with my long time friend Steve Brown, who is not only a really great songwriter and guitarist but also an insanely cool producer! The band sounds great and very high energy. The vocals of Steve and I along with his SHREDDING guitar, combined with the World Class rhythm Powerhouse section of Greg Smith and Chuck Burgi is amazing, what a cool band - the sound is HUGE. But it’s the songs that drew me into making this album in the beginning and the record is full of catchy songs with massive choruses and great melodies and sounds BIG BIG BIG! I am beyond THRILLED with the final result and I hope you will be too.”

Beefy and energetic, “Tokyo Motor Fist” is sure to please not only Ted Poley, Danger Danger, and Trixter's fans, but all fans of melodic hard rock. Don't miss this superb release!

TOKYO MOTOR FIST tracklisting:
1. Pickin' Up The Pieces
2. Love Me Insane
3. Shameless
4. Love
5. Black And Blue
6. You're My Revolution
7. Don't Let Me Go
8. Put Me To Shame
9. Done To Me
10. Get You Off My Mind
11. Fallin' Apart

TOKYO MOTOR FIST
Ted Poley – Vocals
Steve Brown – Guitars, Vocals
Greg Smith – Bass guitar
Chuck Burgi – drums

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This can be nothing but good!!!

The band name is so odd that it surpasses being something I'd dislike... I think I could learn to kinda dig it... but that aside, this is a really cool combo - Ted Poley and Steve Brown. I am definitely, without doubt, excited about this one.

The band name is so odd that it surpasses being something I'd dislike... I think I could learn to kinda dig it... but that aside, this is a really cool combo - Ted Poley and Steve Brown. I am definitely, without doubt, excited about this one.

Yes!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEP-cnjJpXU#t=118

Doesn't sound too bad to me after one quick listen...pretty melodic...I still would like to hear another song or two but probably won't be able to resist buying this one.

Finally, a sample Won't be able to listen to it for another hour or so but will as soon as I get off work

How is it compared to Defiants and Ted's last album? In terms of sound, heaviness?

Doesn't sound too bad to me after one quick listen...pretty melodic...I still would like to hear another song or two but probably won't be able to resist buying this one.

Finally, a sample Won't be able to listen to it for another hour or so but will as soon as I get off work

How is it compared to Defiants and Ted's last album? In terms of sound, heaviness?

Very "Defiants-Like" IMO. I suppose some will say it's more "paint by numbers' Frontier's melodic rock but it's all good with me.

Really though...I think this sounds like a cross between Danger Danger and Trixter which is I guess the way you'd expect it to sound.

I'm just a sucker for this type of melodic rock with a big, slick sound, backing vocals, good guitar work, etc.

I

• My Little Pony

Very "Defiants-Like" IMO. I suppose some will say it's more "paint by numbers' Frontier's melodic rock but it's all good with me.

Really though...I think this sounds like a cross between Danger Danger and Trixter which is I guess the way you'd expect it to sound.

I'm just a sucker for this type of melodic rock with a big, slick sound, backing vocals, good guitar work, etc.

I

Damn, that's awesome!

I think you're underselling it, bud. A cross between DD and Trixter makes sense, but I don't think it's very Defiants-like. It already sounds better.

Shits on everything Ted has done since Screw It!

And for me that includes The Return of the Great Gildersleeves
This song is what Steve should be doing.
Back to hard rock rather than light AOR pop.

Hopefully the rest is in this vein.

so no sample yet ?

Nope.

I haven't even seen physical copies of the CD available anywhere to pre-order yet either...It's a little bit odd as it seems like usually Frontiers has all that set once they start sharing songs with pre-order links usually shared at the same time.

I asked Frontiers and they did say Physical links would be coming soon...I probably would've ordered already if they had them available.

Now though I'll probably wait until I hear another song to see if I like it before ordering.

• 3 weeks later...