Tokyo Motor Fist - Ted Poley & Steve Brown

tts42572

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liking this a lot...Definitely hear a lot of Steve Brown's influence as both these songs basically sound like Trixter songs with just a different vocalist to me.

Yeah...It's probably a bit disposable and a bit "syrupy" but don't really care. I've also seen people complaining about the mix being off over at MR.com and don't really care about that either. For me, I never judge mixes from online samples as these things always sound better once I get the CD and I rarely let mixes influence my judgement all that much anyhow unless it's really badly done.

I had some reservations on this as Poley's latest solo album was very hit and miss for me....Liked a few songs but really didn't care for most of it. I'm liking these two songs though.

Looking like a purchase to me.

Liking this a lot...Definitely hear a lot of Steve Brown's influence as both these songs basically sound like Trixter songs with just a different vocalist to me.

Yeah...It's probably a bit disposable and a bit "syrupy" but don't really care. I've also seen people complaining about the mix being off over at MR.com and don't really care about that either. For me, I never judge mixes from online samples as these things always sound better once I get the CD and I rarely let mixes influence my judgement all that much anyhow unless it's really badly done.

I had some reservations on this as Poley's latest solo album was very hit and miss for me....Liked a few songs but really didn't care for most of it. I'm liking these two songs though.

Looking like a purchase to me.

surprised you didn't like Poley's last album - apart from the hideous duet, I liked pretty much every song.

Sound quality is sounding real nice to me... not sure if I hear what others are hearing.

Yeah...Can't say it's really bothering me much either. I've seen others complaining about it a lot though.

I suppose it does seem like the drums are pretty thin in the sound but I really doubt it bothers me.

I'm too busy with all the melodies and hooks to notice it :)

Shameless, guilt-free, delicious syrup

Been trying to think what this reminded me of -

Diving for Pearls - Give me your good lovin

Yeah??

Yes, I can hear it in the chorus for sure.

Shameless, guilt-free, delicious syrup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3pyYMK1SnM

Been trying to think what this reminded me of -

Diving for Pearls - Give me your good lovin

Yeah??

Totally...first thing I heard when I played for the first time.

But thats a good thing yeah ;)

Excellent tuneage!! Will definitely be picking this one up!

Shits on everything Ted has done since Screw It!

And for me that includes The Return of the Great Gildersleeves

This song is what Steve should be doing.

Back to hard rock rather than light AOR pop.

Hopefully the rest is in this vein.

What does Gildersleeves have to do with Ted?

• My Little Pony

Shits on everything Ted has done since Screw It!

And for me that includes The Return of the Great Gildersleeves

This song is what Steve should be doing.

Back to hard rock rather than light AOR pop.

Hopefully the rest is in this vein.

What does Gildersleeves have to do with Ted?
Maybe he means it shits so hard on everything Ted has done since Screw It! that a little bit gets on Paul, too.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Maybe it's because I've heard GnR a couple thousand times by now, but I much prefer "Fall to Pieces" by Velvet Revolver over "Sweet Child o Mine" at this point in my life.   
    • I'll have to investigate that Durbin. I'd count Striker and Mick Mars among the best metal releases as well now that I think about it. 
    • Haven't picked up Saxon yet, but as far as metal goes, I love the new Durbin album as well.
    • I wasn’t thrilled with the singles as they came out, other than “The Serpent and the King”, but I’ll be damned if they haven’t grown on me while listening to them as part of the cohesive package that is “Invincible Shield”. I broke down and picked up the Target exclusive to get the three bonus tracks, and I enjoy them too. Overall, a damn fine addition to the JP discography. Is it better than “Firepower“? I’m not there yet, but time will tell. 🤔 This one and Saxon have set the bar pretty high for metal this year. 👍
    • Agree with this. Though I think you should check out Firepower. You can get it real cheap new everywhere. It is molten. I'm also enjoying Invincible very much and 2024 new music as a whole.
    • I remember my early days on the internet joining a group on Yahoo (yeah thats how long ago it was) and the woman who created the group was trying to persaude me how great Creed was, so much so that she sent me the first two albums on CD. I had no idea what they sounded like. When I played them all I could think is that they sounded like Pearl Jam, and I fucking hate Pearl Jam. I ended up trading them for something better. I can't remember the ins and outs of it, but I somehow shared my CD collection online and she noticed straight away that the Creed CDs were not listed. She asked me why and I said I sold them as really did not like them, and got something I did like. She never spoke to me again after that
    • Like I Do,Do - Bret Michaels
    • I have always been an on/off fan of Priest. Loved Ram it down and Painkiller, then kinda lost interest when Rob left. Only newer albums I ever got around to picking up were Angel of retribution because I saw it real cheap and Nostrodamus as I found the deluxe edition cheap as well. With this one though I was interested in what I heard and saw the deluxe edition looked cool. I then saw they were selling copies on the JP website with a signed art card in both standard and deluxe format, but baulked at the price of the deluxe as they were charging an extra £10 over the unsigned version, and postage was lumpy ... plus I was a few days from getting paid. By the time I went back on there the signed deluxe was gone but they had the standard version with the signed card and it was the same price as the unsigned version (guess nobody was buying it) so decided to buy that and order the deluxe from Amazon, keep the artcard and sell the standard CD on eBay as it is still sealed. So yeah, been playing the album today and on my third (or is it fourth) playthrough, and absolutely loving it. When bands like Bon Jovi are  getting soft as shit with age, Rob and the guys are still full on metal gods. At 72, Rob should not be able to still perform like this, but he fucking well is, so more power to him. Really good start to the year so far with the 2024 albums I have picked up.
    • Evidently, Tichy has joined up with Gene Simmons' solo band, and the Daisies replaced him with Tommy Clufetos who'd helped them out before. Be interesting to see how much more there is to the story.... 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.