Tokyo Motor Fist - Ted Poley & Steve Brown

tts42572

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops, I meant Cockroach.

Cockroach is one of the best albums from our genre!!!

Meh, could never get in to it...

Wow

I'm really looking forward to this album.

Would like to hear Ted with less rounded vocals, but there may be a reason he doesn't sing that way.

The music is a bit more hard rock than AOR compared to more recent Ted stuff, which i like.

As for the Cockroach comment before, I think it had a lot to do with how old it was when I got to hear it. What was it 10 years since it was made until it was released?

One day I probably should give it another go.

I'm really looking forward to this album.

Would like to hear Ted with less rounded vocals, but there may be a reason he doesn't sing that way.

The music is a bit more hard rock than AOR compared to more recent Ted stuff, which i like.

As for the Cockroach comment before, I think it had a lot to do with how old it was when I got to hear it. What was it 10 years since it was made until it was released?

One day I probably should give it another go.

Agree with you on these two songs versus Ted's solo stuff....I just haven't been able to get into his solo stuff outside of the off song here or there but I like these two songs. I really think Steve Brown's touches have something to do with it.

I think another new song is supposed to be released this week so looking forward to hearing that to see if it can be 3 for 3.

Put me to shame is the next single getting released tomorrow and is the heaviest song released thus far from the cd

Can't wait!

Pre-order done.

Really like all these tunes and this one might just be my favorite yet.

Sounding like this album is going to be a contender and setting the bar high for the likes of Eclipse, H.e.a.t, etc.

Nice,a real def lep "let it go" vibe for me with an updated sound ;)

Very good observation...That opening reminds me of Let It Go.

I see some in other places still knocking the production but it sounds okay to me. I guess I'm just not a stickler on production most of the time as long as it's done reasonably decent. I suppose it could knock it down a few points but good songs are good songs :)

This is exactly the kind of cookie-cutter, hook-filled, bubble-gum melodic rock I like :)

This really sounds like a 90s indie release production wise but can't fault the actual song yet again

I cant believe no one else is commenting on the production. Sounds like it was recorded in a tin can. A big hollow one ;)

Marvellous song, worrying production.

This really sounds like a 90s indie release production wise but can't fault the actual song yet again

I cant believe no one else is commenting on the production. Sounds like it was recorded in a tin can. A big hollow one ;)

I definitely know what you mean by the production. It's not as "clean" sounding as I'd like but it makes the songs more "raw" which I'm all for

Sounds real good. They are 3 for 3. I have high hopes for this group and album

I definitely know what you mean by the production. It's not as "clean" sounding as I'd like but it makes the songs more "raw" which I'm all for

Sounds real good. They are 3 for 3. I have high hopes for this group and album

I can hear it too in the songs...Bit thin, wish the drums were more prevalent...

But it's just not really bothering me and I suspect it will sound better once I get the CD and listen to it properly.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Another Robert Mason post, but this time I really do feel a connection with it. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but my name is Dustin.  Everybody calls me Dusty, so when I saw the new Warrant album (Rockaholic) featured not only one of my favourite vocalists, but also included a track called Dusty's Revenge, I couldn't believe it. I then find out that it's a concept album about a "Rockaholic" called Dusty. For obvious reasons, I love this album. Here's a couple of tracks.      
    • Harpsichord.    I thought of it and it was random, so there you go.
    • From their FB page: Alcatrazz wish to make the following announcement: Back in late 2020 the brilliant Doogie White came in to help us out with our then already booked live dates after the departure of the previous vocalist (those dates were ultimately postponed to late 2021 due to the Covid lockdowns). We all had a GREAT time...and thus, one thing led to another and before we knew it we had made two fantastic albums and toured considerably in a nearly 4 year period. Now our schedule is getting busier and busier, as is Doogie's with his very fine solo work... and with that, the inevitable clashing of dates in our respective diaries, and needless to say, the impossibility of him being able to be in two places at one time. We remain on very very good terms with Doogie and cannot thank him enough for his contributions to the band, he is very welcome on our stage anytime, as are all past Alcatrazz alumni. Current Warlord vocalist and someone already known to many Alcatrazz fans (as co-producer and also contributing songwriter for Alcatrazz's past 3 albums) Giles Lavery will be stepping up for the 2024 live dates - and with that we will be reintroducing many songs from the Alcatrazz past, including some not played in many years. Giles's first show is 22nd of March in New Orleans, lets all make him feel welcome and please lets also give a massive thank you to our dear friend Doogie White for everything he gave to this band since 2020, he is a true pro and a great person! Doogie has a video message to the fans that we will share later today as well. Jimmy, Gary, Joe, Larry.
    • Maybe it's because I've heard GnR a couple thousand times by now, but I much prefer "Fall to Pieces" by Velvet Revolver over "Sweet Child o Mine" at this point in my life.   
    • I'll have to investigate that Durbin. I'd count Striker and Mick Mars among the best metal releases as well now that I think about it. 
    • Haven't picked up Saxon yet, but as far as metal goes, I love the new Durbin album as well.
    • I wasn’t thrilled with the singles as they came out, other than “The Serpent and the King”, but I’ll be damned if they haven’t grown on me while listening to them as part of the cohesive package that is “Invincible Shield”. I broke down and picked up the Target exclusive to get the three bonus tracks, and I enjoy them too. Overall, a damn fine addition to the JP discography. Is it better than “Firepower“? I’m not there yet, but time will tell. 🤔 This one and Saxon have set the bar pretty high for metal this year. 👍
    • Agree with this. Though I think you should check out Firepower. You can get it real cheap new everywhere. It is molten. I'm also enjoying Invincible very much and 2024 new music as a whole.
    • I remember my early days on the internet joining a group on Yahoo (yeah thats how long ago it was) and the woman who created the group was trying to persaude me how great Creed was, so much so that she sent me the first two albums on CD. I had no idea what they sounded like. When I played them all I could think is that they sounded like Pearl Jam, and I fucking hate Pearl Jam. I ended up trading them for something better. I can't remember the ins and outs of it, but I somehow shared my CD collection online and she noticed straight away that the Creed CDs were not listed. She asked me why and I said I sold them as really did not like them, and got something I did like. She never spoke to me again after that

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.