Tokyo Motor Fist - Ted Poley & Steve Brown

tts42572

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this (from Sleaze Roxx) "the album proves to be a collective band effort rather than a platform to hone Poley’s vocals"

I also like that it is 11 tracks.

11 is ideal for me

12 is ok

10 is ok if they are all pretty good, otherwise it's a bit short.

Hoping to have mine by Thursday. Ordered it through Amazon along with Jack Russell's new one and Steel Panther's.

When is Steel Panther coming out? Is it this Friday or March 24?? I've seen both dates

Says 24.03 on amazon.

Jeez that day is gonna be awesome.....

Brother Firetribe, Eclipse, House of Lords, Night Ranger, One Desire also due.....very cool.

Hoping to have mine by Thursday. Ordered it through Amazon along with Jack Russell's new one and Steel Panther's.

When is Steel Panther coming out? Is it this Friday or March 24?? I've seen both dates

Says 24.03 on amazon.

Brother Firetribe, Eclipse, House of Lords, Night Ranger, One Desire also due.....very cool.

Wow! :yikes::jump:

Says 24.03 on amazon.

Wow! :yikes::jump:

best get saving :) Dirty White Boyz-Down & Dirty released that day also.

I'm 100% certain I'm going to love this album. I've seen probably 10 reviews from sites I follow and all have been glowing.

Exactly the kind of music I like :)

Agree!

Absolutely fantastic!

Started out with no expectations as I honestly haven't been big on Ted Poley's solo work. I've liked a couple songs here and there but mostly it just hasn't done much for me.

This TMF album though is about as instant as it gets for me....Love it on the first run through. There's plenty of Def Leppard moments in these songs. Steve Brown has to be the guy bringing those riffs and melodies to this project IMO. I do think Ted sounds pretty darn good too though.

Really like You're My Revolution and Put Me to Shame....Heck, really like the whole thing and even the slower songs fit well where they're at and are nice diversions.

2017 is looking like a great year so will be interesting to see how long this album can hold it's #1 spot for me :)

Absolutely fantastic!

Started out with no expectations as I honestly haven't been big on Ted Poley's solo work. I've liked a couple songs here and there but mostly it just hasn't done much for me.

This TMF album though is about as instant as it gets for me....Love it on the first run through. There's plenty of Def Leppard moments in these songs. Steve Brown has to be the guy bringing those riffs and melodies to this project IMO. I do think Ted sounds pretty darn good too though.

Really like You're My Revolution and Put Me to Shame....Heck, really like the whole thing and even the slower songs fit well where they're at and are nice diversions.

2017 is looking like a great year so will be interesting to see how long this album can hold it's #1 spot for me :)

I believe Brown had all the songs written and demo'd before bringing in the other 3 members. I've liked every project Steve Brown has been involved in. Multi talented individual. I think Sleazeroxx had an interview with him recently where he hints at the possibility of joining D2 on a semi permanent basis. He is exactly what that band needs. An ear for catchy riffs and melody and a foot firmly planted in the genre and time period we all love to this day.

Absolutely fantastic!

I believe Brown had all the songs written and demo'd before bringing in the other 3 members. I've liked every project Steve Brown has been involved in. Multi talented individual. I think Sleazeroxx had an interview with him recently where he hints at the possibility of joining D2 on a semi permanent basis. He is exactly what that band needs. An ear for catchy riffs and melody and a foot firmly planted in the genre and time period we all love to this day.

I had heard that about those songs also that Steve basically had them all together already. I wonder if these were slated to be possibly future Trixter songs that were on the back burner or something? Or maybe they just didn't fit with Trixter....IDK.

Agree Steve is really talented. I really wish Def Leppard would consider working with him to help write/record one of their albums in the future....It's obvious this guy can channel some inner Mutt Lange. I'm sure it won't happen though as the Leppard guys are too stuck in their ways now to probably work with an outsider.

Good stuff!