Reckless Love - InVader

Stefan

Itunes have over a min. samples for each track, NOT impressed at all. I really think they are going down hill. Have it pre odered already to put in the collection, and there a coupe of good songs.

Itunes have over a min. samples for each track, NOT impressed at all. I really think they are going down hill. Have it pre odered already to put in the collection, and there a coupe of good songs.

"coupe" de grace? :lol:

Absolutely no idea why people are slating this at all tbh, as It follows pretty much the same formula as previous albums, from the commercial, poppy songs which they have always done (and to be honest I much prefer) like 'Child Of The Sun, 'Scandanavian Girls' and 'Destiny' to the usual RL rockers like 'Bullettime' and 'Rock It'. Shit lyrics someone just said!..not exaclty their strongest forte before, so no change there either ;) I've played this pretty much continuously for the last couple of days and it's holding up just fine with me and I may even be preferring it over' Spirit' at the moment.

It's coming here in the mail, so I have no choice but to properly spin it. But from the samples I wasn't too impressed...but I'll be able to better judge it once I've really played it.

The entire album is up on Youtube.

I like We Are The Weekend, Destiny (my fav of the bunch), Scandinavian Girls (goofy song), Pretty Boy Swagger (a bit of a rap thing here, but easy to digest) and Keep It Up All Night....I must admit Monster would be on my like list.

Child Of The Sun sounds like 80's George Micheal at times...odd but different.

Bullettime, Hands, Let's Get Cracking are the furious rockers that Reckless Love do on every release, although the later turns into a campfire song by the end of it.

Rock It has a rap vibe in the verses and the chorus is OK....pass!

This album focuses more on the techno songs and the speeding rockers. I prefer more the melodic side of things when it came to Reckless Love. But all in all it ain't that bad of a release.

Why can't the guitarist play a real fuckin' solo, it all sounds like effects instead of a flowing solo...he's been doing this from the bands inception. He has some nice chops but they all seem like an after thought and out of place at times.

The album is only growing and growing on me. Like Jez said, I might take it over Spirit.

Why can't the guitarist play a real fuckin' solo, it all sounds like effects instead of a flowing solo...he's been doing this from the bands inception. He has some nice chops but they all seem like an after thought and out of place at times.

I don't remember it happening much earlier on, and it was even kind of fresh and unique when I first heard him do it, but it does seem to be overused at this point. At his best, he can really tear it up, though.

I like the first song and the last two. I'm not impressed at all. Very weak release:

We Are The Weekend 8/10
Hands 6.5/10
Monster 7/10
Child Of The Sun 6/10
Bullettime 7/10
Scandinavian Girls 5/10
Pretty Boy Swagger 6.5/10
Rock It 3/10
Destiny 8.5/10
Let's Get Cracking 7.5/10

65%

I like the first song and the last two. I'm not impressed at all. Very weak release:

We Are The Weekend 8/10

Hands 6.5/10

Monster 7/10

Child Of The Sun 6/10

Bullettime 7/10

Scandinavian Girls 5/10

Rock It 3/10

Destiny 8.5/10

65%

Sounds about right, but some lower scores for me on some.

We Are The Weekend 8/10

Hands 6.5/10

Monster 7/10

Child Of The Sun 6/10

Bullettime 7/10

Scandinavian Girls 5/10

Rock It 3/10

Destiny 8.5/10

65%

Yeah.... even Bulletime is a stretch at 7/10.

This band has completely lost the plot.

We Are The Weekend 8/10

Hands 6.5/10

Monster 7/10

Child Of The Sun 6/10

Bullettime 7/10

Scandinavian Girls 5/10

Rock It 3/10

Destiny 8.5/10

65%

Me think so also!

We Are The Weekend 8/10

Hands 6.5/10

Monster 7/10

Child Of The Sun 6/10

Bullettime 7/10

Scandinavian Girls 5/10

Rock It 3/10

Destiny 8.5/10

65%

Me think so also!

Bullettime is such a weak song.

We Are The Weekend 8/10

Hands 6.5/10

Monster 7/10

Child Of The Sun 6/10

Bullettime 7/10

Scandinavian Girls 5/10

Rock It 3/10

Destiny 8.5/10

65%

Me think so also!

Bullettime is such a weak song.

Rock It is the worst!

Are you mad....that song is killerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I love it.

65%

this is an instant skip....hate the end of the song :(

On Spotify the album ends with 'Up All Night' which is much much better! Like that one.

Absolutely no idea why people are slating this at all tbh, as It follows pretty much the same formula as previous albums, from the commercial, poppy songs which they have always done (and to be honest I much prefer) like 'Child Of The Sun, 'Scandanavian Girls' and 'Destiny' to the usual RL rockers like 'Bullettime' and 'Rock It'. Shit lyrics someone just said!..not exaclty their strongest forte before, so no change there either ;) I've played this pretty much continuously for the last couple of days and it's holding up just fine with me and I may even be preferring it over' Spirit' at the moment.

Backed mate.

The first listen its all a bit throw away, but it gets under your skin after a few plays.

The only song I really don't like is 'Let's Get Cracking'.

Most of the rest of it is what youd expect from RL - poppy/rock numbers and a few killers - love 'We Are The Weekend', 'Hands', 'Pretty Boy Swagger', 'Destiny' and 'Up All Night'.

Backed mate.

The first listen its all a bit throw away, but it gets under your skin after a few plays.

Most of the rest of it is what youd expect from RL - poppy/rock numbers and a few killers - love 'We Are The Weekend', 'Hands', 'Pretty Boy Swagger', 'Destiny' and 'Up All Night'.

Yep, agree with the two creepy Brits. I only just finally heard it today (behind the eight ball on this one, apparently) and I can't see what all the fuss is about.

I'll say straight up it's Reckless Love's weakest album so far - only for the fact that it's the first time there's no real tear-your-pubes-off-rip-your-scrotum-and-throw-your-balls-at-the-wall type rocker that really shines above all others.

But that aside, to me it's business as usual for the guys. Stupid, banal lyrics but good catchy melodic rock / pop songs. I didn't dislike anything on here at all. With regard to the ones in recent discussion, I really liked 'Rock it' - thought it was a really cool chorus. 'Let's get cracking' took a while to warm up, but I thought it was a nice catchy chorus when it arrived. 'Pretty boy swagger' was really cool too. Really poor lyrics, but good stuff.

Yeah, I do definitely think it is pretty noticeably their weakest album so far, but it is still a long, long way from actually being a bad album. I like it plenty enough.

Backed mate.

Yep, agree with the two creepy Brits. I only just finally heard it today (behind the eight ball on this one, apparently) and I can't see what all the fuss is about.

I'll say straight up it's Reckless Love's weakest album so far - only for the fact that it's the first time there's no real tear-your-pubes-off-rip-your-scrotum-and-throw-your-balls-at-the-wall type rocker that really shines above all others.

But that aside, to me it's business as usual for the guys. Stupid, banal lyrics but good catchy melodic rock / pop songs. I didn't dislike anything on here at all. With regard to the ones in recent discussion, I really liked 'Rock it' - thought it was a really cool chorus. 'Let's get cracking' took a while to warm up, but I thought it was a nice catchy chorus when it arrived. 'Pretty boy swagger' was really cool too. Really poor lyrics, but good stuff.

Yeah, I do definitely think it is pretty noticeably their weakest album so far, but it is still a long, long way from actually being a bad album. I like it plenty enough.

'Destiny' kind of softly caresses my curly pubes.

This release is growing on me. It may end up being their weakest, but of all their releases this is the one that has the most potential to make these guys huge.

I can see tracks like 'Monster', 'We Are The Weekend', 'Scandinavian Girls' and 'Child Of The Sun' being radio hits.

Backed mate.

'Destiny' kind of softly caresses my curly pubes.

This release is growing on me. It may end up being their weakest, but of all their releases this is the one that has the most potential to make these guys huge.

I can see tracks like 'Monster', 'We Are The Weekend', 'Scandinavian Girls' and 'Child Of The Sun' being radio hits.

Not my radio. lol It isn't horrible, just"ok"

• My Little Pony

2-3 great tracks. From the money I saved from the cd, I bought me a lovely girly tee they had on sale.

Pics, or it didn't happen.