Reckless Love - InVader

Stefan

A few catchy songs in there. But 'Child Of The Sun'. What the fuck is that. And rated 6 or of ten. Think you missed a minus off there. Dreadful. Dreadful. Dreadful. And that's overstating it.

Last time I heard a song that bad on a rock album it was that shite on the last Kix album. Inside outside Inn, .

Weakest album so far, but still some really great tracks on it, and found it more of a grower unlike the earlier albums which were all very instant. Couple of songs I could probably have done without, but overall its another really enjoyable album by them as usual.

I have tried several times to listen to this to see if it will grow. But I am just fooling myself. It won't. It kinda stinks. A very weak disc with no clear cut great song on it. A few pretty decent ones but nothing that great. And then several that are downright bad.

2-3 great tracks. From the money I saved from the cd, I bought me a lovely girly tee they had on sale.

Pics, or it didn't happen.

I'm out of film, bro. But surely you can see it from their merch store, the one that's 9,90 euro!

So is it safe to say this is another Reckless disc, on par with all their other discs excluding the debut, you fish through all the songs and figure out there are always at least 3 ultimate anthems, while the rest just feel like one long running song? I mean the songs that pop out, I have yet to hear a good song that isn't absolutely blow my mind good, and even all the mediocre songs I wouldn't consider fillers, cause there better then 99% of everything else I buy, just wish they would seclude themselves for about 4 years, and do nothing but write 100 songs, then take the 12 catchiest rocking songs and give us what we all know they want to give us, I know they have more then just the usual debut gold, they don't seem like a band burned out! or are they?

Absolutely no idea why people are slating this at all tbh, as It follows pretty much the same formula as previous albums, from the commercial, poppy songs which they have always done (and to be honest I much prefer) like 'Child Of The Sun, 'Scandanavian Girls' and 'Destiny' to the usual RL rockers like 'Bullettime' and 'Rock It'. Shit lyrics someone just said!..not exaclty their strongest forte before, so no change there either ;) I've played this pretty much continuously for the last couple of days and it's holding up just fine with me and I may even be preferring it over' Spirit' at the moment.

Backed mate.

The first listen its all a bit throw away, but it gets under your skin after a few plays.

The only song I really don't like is 'Let's Get Cracking'.

Most of the rest of it is what youd expect from RL - poppy/rock numbers and a few killers - love 'We Are The Weekend', 'Hands', 'Pretty Boy Swagger', 'Destiny' and 'Up All Night'.

Yep, agree with the two creepy Brits. I only just finally heard it today (behind the eight ball on this one, apparently) and I can't see what all the fuss is about.

I'll say straight up it's Reckless Love's weakest album so far - only for the fact that it's the first time there's no real tear-your-pubes-off-rip-your-scrotum-and-throw-your-balls-at-the-wall type rocker that really shines above all others.

But that aside, to me it's business as usual for the guys. Stupid, banal lyrics but good catchy melodic rock / pop songs. I didn't dislike anything on here at all. With regard to the ones in recent discussion, I really liked 'Rock it' - thought it was a really cool chorus. 'Let's get cracking' took a while to warm up, but I thought it was a nice catchy chorus when it arrived. 'Pretty boy swagger' was really cool too. Really poor lyrics, but good stuff.

Yeah, I do definitely think it is pretty noticeably their weakest album so far, but it is still a long, long way from actually being a bad album. I like it plenty enough.

'Destiny' kind of softly caresses my curly pubes.

This release is growing on me. It may end up being their weakest, but of all their releases this is the one that has the most potential to make these guys huge.

I can see tracks like 'Monster', 'We Are The Weekend', 'Scandinavian Girls' and 'Child Of The Sun' being radio hits.

Thats the problem, my outlook is this, the other day while working out, The Judds (yes the 2 country chicks) song Have Mercy was auto locked in my brain while doing curls, I don't own anything by the Judds, nor was I ever a fan, when i finally realized what song i'd been singing all day, I was really pretty puzzled, id heard the song, but surely can't say id heard it since the 80's, which after smoking, dragged me into deep thought, this is how it works, the radio has used this brainwash technique since the beginning, yes ultimately when I'm either skipping through tracks, or listening to the end track of my brand new disc unenthuised, my brain hasn't excepted yet but clearly already knows, I've been fucked, so my next instinct is the good old well it will probably grow on me, but this to is also something you already know from the start, like on every Edguy since Hellfire Club, now my point on the Judds, theres no good goddamn reason I should ever have that song in my mental archive, let alone why my cerebral jukebox would decide to go to those archives and choose it for my bicep work out music, especially when I had the new Slayer playing on my IPOD, I guess I heard that song so many times in my life, that "It grew on me" or "In me", anything will grow on you if you hear it enough, do me a favor, go google the band SCATTERBRAIN, and download the song Taste Just Like Chicken, this song spells it out better then I ever could, and it's a clever dry jab at it as well, trust me you'll laugh, and you'll like it right off the bat, hell just go buy the disc, you won't need to worry about anything on that disc growing on you, they are the record industry antagonists! Reckless Love was a band that stood out the 2nd I heard the debut, thats they kind of music they do, their not complexed, they shouldn't need to grow on you, they should play fun, catchy, raunchy, sex laden killer fun rock, like Steel Panther kind of, if you have to put to much thought into their music, you've missed the point, and id have to say it's probably a bad album. waste your time picking through prog bands, Reckless Love mustve missed bad on this???

I'm liking this one more and more. I've been listening to it at least twice every day. I honestly do understand how it's not for everyone, since they're definitely not afraid to be themselves and make some controversial choices, but the album thoroughly entertains me.

I think this album is getting better by second spin but 'Spirit' is definitely much better

Mmm not so sure about that. Hooks are stronger on the newie.

Probably 2 or 3 better songs on Spirit but was some stuff on there there i wasnt keen on like metal ass and favourite flavour which really dragged that album down a notch

I like nearly all of the new album.

As a whole Animal Attraction is my pick. Hot, Animal Attraction, Radio, Fantasy and Break your heart are all killer tracks.

Every one of their releases have great tunes and fillers on them.

I've been listening to this one on and off since about a week before it was released and it's really not been holding my attention like the previous 3 albums. It's quite easily their weakest released and I kinda get a sense that it was something they rushed to write and record. It just doesn't have the strong songs and polish like we're used to from them. Just to run through the songs...

We are the weekend is a nice fun song. Not particular remarkable but not one to skip.

Hands really reminds me of an The Unattractive Revolution era Crashdiet song. I really dislike how Olli's vocal style on that album and it appears again here. It just doesn't work for him at all, stick to the glam and not the sleaze please. The song itself is just all a bit dull and cliche.

I was really worried about the new album when I first listened to the Monster single. Has some terrible lines which aren't helped by cheap sounding vocal effects - "Come on pretty monster" is especially grating.

Child of the sun is really enjoyable but it hasn't really stood up to repeat listens for me.

Bullet Time is kinda OK - the chorus somewhat saves it but those verses with the trill guitar note and those lyrics? makeup... mustard. Wat? I love nonsense in their songs (Coconut is a great song) but this just doesn't work. Sounds like this one was written 5 minutes before they had to record it.

Scandinavian girls is great - Animal Attraction is my favourite RL album and this really wouldn't sound out of place on that. Somewhat inspired by their own song Push?

It's proper good fun Reckless Love. I especially like the lines about northern slopes and getting up more than your hopes ;)

Pretty boy swagger is ... quite enjoyable. And I say that as someone who has no interest in rap music.

Rock It? Meh. It's more of Reckless Love trying to do something different but it does absolutely nothing for me. It's worth skipping just to get to Destiny.

Destiny is one I was really looking forward to based on the samples that were released before the album came out. It doesn't quite live up to my hopes but it's a decent enough song. There's just something a little lethargic sounding about it that stops it from rising up to be a great song. I think the production on this album has a lot to do with why I don't quite like it so much? I think it's lacking that energy and polish that we're used to from the guys.

Let's get cracking? Yep I enjoy this one.. a good fun song. The kind you could imagine yourself singing along to in a rock bar after a few drinks :) Brings a smile to my face to hear the elephant noises from Coconuts from Animal Attraction.

I haven't actually bought the album yet and tend not to open Spotify too much so I don't include Up all night. I did like this one when it was first released though.. You of course can't think of Reckless love as a straight rock/glam band and this is in a similar vein to Hot. It should really have replaced one of the many weaker songs on the album for the International released I think.

• 2 months later...

I really love 4 tracks from this, especially Destiny. I'm waiting to get it, hopefully, for peanuts, like the rest of their discography (Jap. Version).

Agree about liking/loving 4 of the songs, Destiny being my favorite.

I really love 4 tracks from this, especially Destiny. I'm waiting to get it, hopefully, for peanuts, like the rest of their discography (Jap. Version).

I like all of it....but real killer tracks are missing this time round,.

I like all of it....but real killer tracks are missing this time round,.

Agreed...still some strong tunes on it though imo.