Eclipse - Armageddonize

Stefan

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you doods have trouble finding the first two Eclipse discs I'll try to do some uploading for you if I can. Let me know how you go. They're definitely a must in any collection, imo.

I have Second to None, that was my first Eclipse CD. Loved it when it came out in fact I think I started a topic but I haven't played it for years. As for the debut I totally missed that one, but I'll sooner find a nice mp3 download before I pay $1k for it!!

yeah sure man, please do that if possible, after all, it's impossible to buy them right ?

It's not impossible but they don't come cheap.

From Ebay:

The Truth And A Little More $1,198.46 (!!!)

Second To None $55.98 (used)

Okay guys, who's after a bargain? I'll sell my copy of the debut for $600. That's HALF PRICE! Haha! :lol:

But seriously... do I need to get on ebay and try my hand at it? Holy shit. I love the disc, but for that kind of money I'd let go of it in a heartbeat and nurture the MP3s for eternity.

Okay doods, haven't done this kind of thing for an age, but I'll see if I upload those two mofos and send y'all the link.

So finally dropped in Germany. Been playing it all day but I'm not blown away. Great songs , very enjoyable but there's nothing here like Bleed And Scream that just picked me up and shook me to my boots.

Perhaps my expectations were a little too high?

there's nothing here like Bleed And Scream

That's all I needed to hear.

& Bleed & Scream isnt as good as Are You Ready to Rock but thats another matter.

I dont think this new one is far behind B&S. Early days yet.

Its well worth picking up tho.

• My Little Pony

& Bleed & Scream isnt as good as Are You Ready to Rock but thats another matter.

I meant, if it's nothing like Bleed and Scream that's a good thing.

I meant, if it's nothing like Bleed and Scream that's a good thing.

Bleed and Scream is trying too hard on the melodic metal side with too many crashing drums and everything

I guess they should stay between hard rock and melodic metal which is what they did with 'Armageddonize'

They should ditch melodic metal altogether and just do hard rock.

Songs like Battlegrounds and Blood Enemies are definitely their weakest - not bad by any means but nowhere near the excellent hard rock stuff.

Stupid thing is they play these songs live as well as they must really rate them which makes me scratch my head.

They should ditch melodic metal altogether and just do hard rock.

Songs like Battlegrounds and Blood Enemies are definitely their weakest - not bad by any means but nowhere near the excellent hard rock stuff.

Stupid thing is they play these songs live as well as they must really rate them which makes me scratch my head.

Or maybe they are playing songs they think the fans want to hear. I don't get it either.

Anyone looking for the debut album from Eclipse should contact the band through thier facebook site.

A few years ago the band mentioned they'll begin looking into reissuing the long out of print album as a measure against the high prices it sells for at auction sites.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reissue doesn't eventuate any time soon if Z Records own the rights to the music.

Guest MortimusRocker

I hope they decided to re-record the first two :)

They will not re-record these albums according to Erik since they dont even consider these albums as "real" Eclipse albums. Erik was not supposed to sibg on the first album but they did'nt find one so he was forced to do it himself. He and a friend mixed it and it was the first time they saw a mixingtable. Erik has admitted that there is some good parts on these albums but told me that the ones who got it has to be happy with what they got and he does not see the point of spending much more time redoing something they can make so much better and faster today.

I hope they decided to re-record the first two :)

They will not re-record these albums according to Erik since they dont even consider these albums as "real" Eclipse albums. Erik was not supposed to sibg on the first album but they did'nt find one so he was forced to do it himself. He and a friend mixed it and it was the first time they saw a mixingtable. Erik has admitted that there is some good parts on these albums but told me that the ones who got it has to be happy with what they got and he does not see the point of spending much more time redoing something they can make so much better and faster today.

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction; meaning the band wouldn't spend much time on the project as it's so much better and faster today anyway?

I don't know how that debut would sound re-recorded, as it is a very different sound/style. I still aim to try to upload the albums if I ever use my old PC again...

Been playing the heck out of this lately, and it's not losing any of its shine. The overall vibe/tenor of the album reminds me of H.E.A.T's Tearing Down the Walls (obviously specfic vocal and instrumental characteristics notwithstanding), whis a good thing.

I don't mind 'Blood Enemies' as much as some here, although it seems like it would be more at home on a Ten or Dare album (intro-wise at least).

I've liked all their albums so far, but this one is definitely the best one so far. I pretty much love all of it, 'Blood Enemies' included

I've only given it a few spins so far but bleed and scream atm seems like the better release. I think it's a combo of high expectations and track order - I like the first half of the album better. Still, great stuff and am sure will just get better with each listen.

Received mine today(along with Revolution Saints). 1 spin so far and it is a killer album, I really like "Bleed & Scream" and this is definitely on par with that.

• 3 months later...

Haven't listened to a huge amount of hard rock this year, but it sounds like this is hands down the best rock album of the year so far. Do others agree? Bought Revolution Saints as the samples sounded great, but the first spin didn't grab me. This, on the other hand, sounds pretty amazing.