Eclipse - Armageddonize

Stefan

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news to me...I'm looking at it mainly for the live bonus disc though and not so much for the Armageddonize piece.

I wonder if these guys should've done this differently? Why not just put out a Live album with the bonus new track instead of calling it a deluxe edition of Armageddonize? I'd think more people would be willing to buy it as a new, live album release than as a product that is just being marketed as a deluxe version of something they already released just last year.

Could've done some new cover art made it a release sorta like H.e.a.t's Live In London.

It just kinda feels to me like the live CD is just buried in the small print. I like listening to live stuff so that part appeals to me.

Heck, just consider it as a new Eclipse live album and you get Armageddonize for free. 1 new song + 11 live + 5 acoustic tracks is actually a good deal compared to most deluxe reissues.

Hopefully the live material doesn't have the fake crowd noise like Live in London did. That ruined it.

EDIT: Oops, didn't read the last post above before posting... yeah, what he said.

EDIT 2: Of course this all assumes that the 11 live tracks are not just a rehash of Live in London.

I used to not mind "live" albums(back in the day), but not so much any more. So for (1) new song, no thanks. I will buy the song from itunes.

• My Little Pony

One new song? What are you folks talking about? It says 5 bonus tracks/acoustic tracks. So we don't know how many of those are acoustic, but those 5 are separate from "Runaways."

As it's not being released as an EP or a live album but a deluxe edition of Armageddonize it can only mean that the Armageddonize album is the centerpiece of this release. That to me means that the live recording could be suspect along with the additional track and 5 acoustic tracks.

One new song? What are you folks talking about? It says 5 bonus tracks/acoustic tracks. So we don't know how many of those are acoustic, but those 5 are separate from "Runaways."

What I got from it is, New song "Runaway" 11 Live songs and 5 acoustic songs.

Yep. You guessed it.

Deluxe Edition coming March 18th.

capture-20160202-182914.png

CD1

1. I Don't Wanna Say I'm Sorry

2. Stand On Your Feet

3. Runaways (Album Version)*

4. The Storm

5. Blood Enemies

6. Wide Open

7. Live Like I'm Dying

8. Breakdown

9. Love Bites

10. Caught Up In The Rush

11. One Life - My Life

12. All Died Young

*Melodifestivalen song / bonus track added to the regular edition

CD2

1. I Don't Wanna Say I'm Sorry (Live)

2. Stand On Your Feet (Live)

3. Wake Me Up (Live)

4. The Storm (Live)

5. Battlegrounds (Live)

6. Breakdown (Live)

7. Wide Open (Live)

8. Blood Enemies (Live)

9. Ain't Dead Yet (Live)

10. Bleed & Scream (Live)

11. Breaking My Heart Again (Live)

12. Come Hell Or High Water (Bonus Track) §

13. Into The Fire (Bonus Track) §

14. The Storm (Acoustic)**

15. I Don't Wanna Say I'm Sorry (Acoustic)**

16. Battlegrounds (Acoustic)**

The Live tracks are all brand new and unreleased. Bonus tracks listed with "§" have been released only as a B-side of the “Bleed and Scream” CD single for Sweden Rock Magazine. Bonus tracks listed with "**" have only been released in Japan to date.

I also saw on Facebook Erik said the live stuff is a complete show from Vasby in 2015...And not just some stuff that was thrown together...

On an unrelated note, came across a good interview with Erik and Magnus that I thought was pretty good and hadn't seen before...

They must think pretty highly of the new song to be slotting it in the third spot on the deluxe edition and not just chucking it at the end.

Also think the contest they're using it for is a pretty big deal...

It should be good :)

Dyin to hear Runaways!!

Wow, glad I bought the Jap versions of Bleed and Armageddonize for those bonus acoustic tracks. Oh, and I forked out ages ago for that Sweden Rock Magazine CD single to get those 2 additional Bleed & Scream tracks.

Bitter? Noooooooooooo...

Looks like a worthwhile package to pick up, if as mentioned, you treat it as a live album plus extras and the album as an added bonus.

Looks like a worthwhile package to pick up, if as mentioned, you treat it as a live album plus extras and the album as an added bonus.

Yes, IF it's the price of one album!!!

Nah, I already bought 5 copies of the vinyl.

Why?

Investment! :tumbsup:

Just a tip, mate. No one buys physical versions of music anymore. ;)

Nah, I already bought 5 copies of the vinyl.

Why?

Investment! :tumbsup:

Just a tip, mate. No one buys physical versions of music anymore. ;)

You can't imagine how much I wished for this to be true! I'm all in for this brutality of Asceticism.