Mark Slaughter - Reflections In A Rear View Mirror

Stefan

From FB:

Here is a medley of songs from my future release. Recorded exclusively with profiles from the Michael Wagener RokPak. The samples are un-mastered snippets from the Playbacks without vocals. Please visit WireWorld Studio for more info about the RokPak.

'Never Givin Up' snippet: http://www.amazon.com/Never-Givin-Up-Mark-Slaughter/dp/B00IVH9RVW

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll forget the candor and say I hated his vocals in Slaughter, which were the Aural equivalent of having your balls put through a mangle, so baring in mind Dan's comments re. his voice now, the chances of me picking this up are set firmly high at Zero, in kindness at least to my hearing and my 2 lovely cats I have in my house :whistle:

I never thought his vocals were great, but they never bothered me at all. I really like Slaughter.

I'll forget the candor and say I hated his vocals in Slaughter, which were the Aural equivalent of having your balls put through a mangle, so baring in mind Dan's comments re. his voice now9, the chances of me picking this up are set firmly high at Zero, in kindness at least to my hearing and my 2 lovely cats I have in my house :whistle:

:rofl2: What this guy sez, right here. Whether in Slaughter or VVI, Mark's "singing" has always caused me physical pain. He sounds like a little girl with something jammed up her nose who can't stop whining about it.

By all accounts his voice is pretty well shot nowadays, which is kind of a scary concept considering that it was irritating as hell to begin with.

...but yeah, releasing samples with no vocals seems pretty pointless, especially considering that it's a solo album BY A VOCALIST. So... duh.

• My Little Pony

Don't really understand all the hate for Mark Slaughter's vocals. I always thought he was just a higher-pitched version of Vince Neil. In fact, I often listen to Slaughter and Motley Crue back-to-back.

I always thought he was just a higher-pitched version of Vince Neil.

...sooooo wait a minute, that's supposed to be a good thing? :D

• My Little Pony

I always thought he was just a higher-pitched version of Vince Neil.

...sooooo wait a minute, that's supposed to be a good thing? :D

Haha!

Fair enough.

Don't really understand all the hate for Mark Slaughter's vocals. I always thought he was just a higher-pitched version of Vince Neil. In fact, I often listen to Slaughter and Motley Crue back-to-back.

Backed. I like his vocals and everything he has released.

• My Little Pony

If that's a current picture he hasn't changed much.

He's put on some weight, but has managed to look fairly young.

Never had a problem with his vocals either. That said, much like Britny Fox, I preferred the second album as the vocals were dialled back a little. But I would also say the songs were slightly better, so its probably a combination of both.

I have always had more of a liking for the "non traditional" vocal styles used by the likes of Mark, Dizzy, Keifer, Axl, Vince & Pearcy etc.

• My Little Pony

Isn't that what all of us are aiming for as optimal these days?

Um... I am fairly young, so I can do without the weight.

Isn't that what all of us are aiming for as optimal these days?

Um... I am fairly young, so I can do without the weight.

He must have gotten more beauty sleep than most back in the day.

Man I feel old.

I was a senior in high school in 1986 when I first purchased the debut Vinnie Vincent cassette tape with Slaughter on vocals. Doesn't seem like 28 years ago... or maybe it does...

Mark was not on the debut VVI. It was Robert Fleishman.