LV KIX signing off of Heavy Harmonies

LV KIX

Just letting everyone know that it looks like I am done here at Heavy Harmonies as a poster. I still haven't figured out why I get bumped out of the fourm nearly every time I switch to another thread. Sometimes it takes me 8 or 10 times to post in the forum or instant messager. It's just too frustrating to deal with. I'll most likely still stop by and read the threads every now and then.. just not bother with signing in. So keep up with the interesting posts... and Geoff, you keep posting too. :geoffadillos:

For anyone interested I'll leave my email if anyone is interested in staying in touch. Maybe some day I will figure out the problem as to why I can't stay signed in, but for now... adios.

Email ~ lvkix@aol.com

Take care all.... ~ Dave ~

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could some of us computer dorks on the board help before you decide to leave? I would like to ask what version of Windows you are running and then what web browser you are using, then what version of that web browser.

Example, Windows XP service pack 1, Internet explorer version 6

To which I would say, install service pack 3 for Windows XP, then make sure you get IE upgraded to version 8 or use the latest version of Firefox.

Then we can make sure all Windows updates are done both security and recommended.

We should be able to get this working for ya!

Arrrgh! This is a disaster! Dave is such a great guy and along with Jez and Wotty one of the 1st people I got to know after a few months of joining!

Answers need to be found!

Arrrgh! This is a disaster! Dave is such a great guy and along with Jez and Wotty one of the 1st people I got to know after a few months of joining!

Answers need to be found!

those were the first 3 people i got to know after joining aswell :(

and Keef :)

i dont get why it still happens with a different account if youre on a different computer??

Yeah Dave, hope this can get figured out somehow. If not I'll record your email address in my little black book so we can communicate in secret. Do you like lamas? I like lamas.

There has to be an answer. Dave is an awesome dude!! C'mon let's figure this out!! :headbanger:

Well this sucks. Dave is an awesome dude and I hate to see him not be able to come around anymore.

Surely there's a way to get this fixed there has to be. :unsure:

I agree with the above. There has to be a way to keep Dave around? :unsure:

Maybe try a new username, clean out all your cookies or completely redo your PC?

Just keep trying mate on a few of the suggestions above.....

No one wants to see you go :tumbsup:

Well, in the original problem thread I asked for some specific information to try and diagnose the problem, but never got a response, either in post, pm, or email.

What browser are you using?

What operating system are you using?

We need to try and isolate WHERE the problem lies:

1. Since no one else is reporting this problem, I doubt it is a problem with the database or the board configuration.

2. Have you tried using a different web browser? If you usually use IE, download Firefox or Google Chrome and try accessing the board. That will help determine if it is a browser/cache/cookies issue.

3. Try going through an anonymous proxy (http://www.hide-me-now.com) and log in and see if you can post or reply. This may isolate whether the problem is ISP or DNS related.

I see no entries in the blocked IP addresses that correspond to Dave's last posted-from address; nothing even close.

The fact that the problem occurs on multiple computers *and* multiple accounts implies to me that it is somehow ISP- or network-related.

-Dan

Well, in the original problem thread I asked for some specific information to try and diagnose the problem, but never got a response, either in post, pm, or email.

What browser are you using?

What operating system are you using?

We need to try and isolate WHERE the problem lies:

1. Since no one else is reporting this problem, I doubt it is a problem with the database or the board configuration.

2. Have you tried using a different web browser? If you usually use IE, download Firefox or Google Chrome and try accessing the board. That will help determine if it is a browser/cache/cookies issue.

3. Try going through an anonymous proxy (http://www.hide-me-now.com) and log in and see if you can post or reply. This may isolate whether the problem is ISP or DNS related.

I see no entries in the blocked IP addresses that correspond to Dave's last posted-from address; nothing even close.

The fact that the problem occurs on multiple computers *and* multiple accounts implies to me that it is somehow ISP- or network-related.

-Dan

Can someone email this to Dave so we can get some answers?

Maybe he really just did a final post and left?

This reminds of a girlfriend who said she would never talk to me again and hung up. I figured she'd be back...after all, they always came back. But not that one.

C'mon Dave, don't be that ex-girlfriend! Call back! Make up sex! Booty call? Anything????