LV KIX signing off of Heavy Harmonies

LV KIX

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did someone bother to email him and tell him that Dave is working on it?

A few posts up Terry said that emailed him.

In my codine induced haze, musta missed it ....

sorry.

mmmmmmmmmm.......Codine Haze :homer:

• 3 weeks later...

Well...I've done some things to my computer (no, not those kind of things) in hopes that it will enable me to rejoin the fourum here. It doesn't seem to have worked because this is my third attempt at posting this message. I just don't know what else to do to fix this problem. :cartman:

• 2023 Gold Donors
Well...I've done some things to my computer (no, not those kind of things) in hopes that it will enable me to rejoin the fourum here. It doesn't seem to have worked because this is my third attempt at posting this message. I just don't know what else to do to fix this problem. :cartman:

Welcome back, Dave! :) It's great to see ya back & you're much appreciated! I also hope that this problem is resolved asap! Keep ROCKIN'! :drink:

• My Little Pony

It's just not fair. Why must a good man--a man who is a positive contributor to this site--have such bad fortune? Meantime, I'm still around, posting the same old bullshit, no one cares to acknowledge. Davie Baby, you need to get this figured out. Hell, take my account--if that'll work.

It's just not fair. Why must a good man--a man who is a positive contributor to this site--have such bad fortune? Meantime, I'm still around, posting the same old bullshit, no one cares to acknowledge. Davie Baby, you need to get this figured out. Hell, take my account--if that'll work.

Matty Boo notices, don't you worry about that.

who?

• My Little Pony

who?

This is what I'm afraid of. I don't wanna be getting in the way, or be part of some love triangle.

Hey kids its me Terry aka martinsane, just running a little test for Dave and it appears that something is skrewy with kiss computer? I have been reading posts and such for about 10 minutes now with out any issues.

Any suggestions for helping Dave get back online here?

You can post them here or somewhere in this thread Dave posted his e-mail.

Thanks from Dave and every one who digs Dave.

Hey kids its me Terry aka martinsane, just running a little test for Dave and it appears that something is skrewy with kiss computer? I have been reading posts and such for about 10 minutes now with out any issues.

Did Dan ever get the answers to his question as far as what kind of computer system he's using and such?

Did Dan ever get the answers to his question as far as what kind of computer system he's using and such?

Exactly, if we could get the information about what Operating System and Service Pack version that would be a good start.

If you click Start, click Run..., and type "winver" (without the quotes) and click OK, that will give you the Windows Version.

Also the web browser he is using and the version, for example Internet Explorer v7 or Firefox v3.01, etc.

I am all about making sure my computer is up to date on the latest service packs, etc. So if we could get this info it would be a start.

Exactly, if we could get the information about what Operating System and Service Pack version that would be a good start.

If you click Start, click Run..., and type "winver" (without the quotes) and click OK, that will give you the Windows Version.

Also the web browser he is using and the version, for example Internet Explorer v7 or Firefox v3.01, etc.

I am all about making sure my computer is up to date on the latest service packs, etc. So if we could get this info it would be a start.

I will forward this along to Dave and we shall see what he can find out.

Received this e-mail from Dave this weekend. OK computer geeks, unite and save Dave from his computer appointed asylum.

"Hey Terry,

I tried to post this info myself but kept getting knocked out...

Microsoft Windows 5.1

Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.090804-1412

service pack 2

I have no idea what that means... but that is what it tells me I am using.

Thanks a bunch for all your help in trying to figure this mess out.

~ Dave ~"

Terry,

Ok, it appears he has Windows XP Service Pack 2

Service Pack 3 is available for Windows XP.

I doubt that is the issue but he should consider installing it anyway. He should make sure his computer is virus free if he installs it. It is a fairly large download compared to most updates.

Anyway, can you ask him to tell us what web browser he is using AND what version? It will most likely be one of these:

1. Internet Explorer - to find the version he needs to click on the various menu's at the top and look for a menu item called "About Internet Explorer" and tell us what the number version is.

2. Firefox - Click on Options, then choose About

The end result is that he should get whatever browser he is using to the latest version.

The browser update is the first place I would start.

The Service Pack is important but less chance it fixes his problem, IMO.

Finally, when he says he gets "knocked out" what exactly is happening? Is he getting an error message of some sort, page cannot be displayed?

If you want to PM me for my email address I can email Dave directly to help out.

Jeff

Terry,

Ok, it appears he has Windows XP Service Pack 2

Service Pack 3 is available for Windows XP.

I doubt that is the issue but he should consider installing it anyway. He should make sure his computer is virus free if he installs it. It is a fairly large download compared to most updates.

Anyway, can you ask him to tell us what web browser he is using AND what version? It will most likely be one of these:

1. Internet Explorer - to find the version he needs to click on the various menu's at the top and look for a menu item called "About Internet Explorer" and tell us what the number version is.

2. Firefox - Click on Options, then choose About

The end result is that he should get whatever browser he is using to the latest version.

The browser update is the first place I would start.

The Service Pack is important but less chance it fixes his problem, IMO.

Finally, when he says he gets "knocked out" what exactly is happening? Is he getting an error message of some sort, page cannot be displayed?

If you want to PM me for my email address I can email Dave directly to help out.

Jeff

lvkix@aol.com

Jeff,

Here is Dave's e-mail addy, please get him back on the board.

Terry

Thanks again to all who are trying to help... I am at my mom's house today and have been signed on for over an hour now with no problems. I'm gonna leave myself signed in and then try my home computer tonight before I head out for the Dirty Penny/Vains of Jenna show. If you see me signed in it doesn't mean anything... just something I wanted to try.

~ Dave ~

I still think you should completely REDO your Operating System from scratch and try to access the board before you install any anti-virus. Don't go surfing other places... just here and see if there's a problem. If you have problems, I'd be looking into your Service Provider

If you have no problems, install the AV and try again. If there's a problem there, then the AntiVirus may be trying to either block your cookies or something.

If no problems there, do the Windows Updates and try again. If it does it to you, then one of the updates screwed you over.

Doing things with the PC little by little and checking in here may narrow down the problem.

At least try redoing the OS... Seriously. By doing that, your PC will have all it's original factory settings and you'd know it's not something OS related that causing this problem.

Do you get booted from any other boards?

Thanks again to all who are trying to help... I am at my mom's house today and have been signed on for over an hour now with no problems. I'm gonna leave myself signed in and then try my home computer tonight before I head out for the Dirty Penny/Vains of Jenna show. If you see me signed in it doesn't mean anything... just something I wanted to try.

~ Dave ~

Dirty Penny in concert...I am envious. As I've said a hundred times already on here (well at least a few times anyway) their new CD is about as good as sleaze rock gets IMO. This one is running for my top 2009 release along with that Delain cd.

Well....

With much help from Jeff things seem to be working at this point with my computer. So... If I am back on the boards you can all blame Jeff. I'll check back in a couple of days just to make sure that this isn't a fluke.

Freakin' hell, Jeff, did you miss the meeting or something?

I mean, welcome back, Dave! Delighted to, uh, have you back. :)

Seriously, hope it works for good this time.

We are at Phase 1, which is just try Firefox and see if that at least gets him back on the board.

Hopefully it continues to work which tells me IE has some setting or something messed up. At which point we can try to uninstall IE8 and reinstall it...if Dave wants to pursue that.