31743492_10156330113718048_8092476193988

New album 'Tunguska' out September 14th on Frontiers.

More details to follow...

Wow, what great news! It's been kind of a so-so year for music thus far, so this just might save it!

Interesting.  

What the heck is that title though?

They come up with some strange stuff for song titles and album titles.

Probably relates to the Tunguska event in the early 1900's. (which was even referenced in the first Ghostbusters movie)

8 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Interesting.  

What the heck is that title though?

They come up with some strange stuff for song titles and album titles.

they'll probably come up with some silly song like Skies of Mongolia 

Happy Days :)

Bring it on !!

I was just listening to Ghost of Graceland today. These lads are definitely not ready to retire. 

Wow, this is superb news. Very exciting. 

Coup de Grace is most likely my favorite (complete) album to be released dating back to about 1992 or so... and I'm pretty damn picky.

I don't think any new release can match that effort, but I'm certainly hoping for something along those lines.

Awesome news!

19 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Probably relates to the Tunguska event in the early 1900's. (which was even referenced in the first Ghostbusters movie)

Yup!

4 hours ago, gener8tr said:

Coup de Grace is most likely my favorite (complete) album to be released dating back to about 1992 or so... and I'm pretty damn picky.

I don't think any new release can match that effort, but I'm certainly hoping for something along those lines.

There is no beating CDG, but that doesn't mean they can't try to!

5 hours ago, The Rocker said:

There is no beating CDG, but that doesn't mean they can't try to!

Ghost of Graceland was a valiant effort. 

Great news!!!

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is truly thrilled to announce the release of Treat's awesome new album, ”Tunguska”, which will be released on September 14, 2018. Today, the band has premiered a music video for first single, "Build The Love".

CD, Vinyl, and Digital pre-orders of "Tunguska" as well as streaming options of the new single, "Build The Love" are available here:https://www.frontiers.shop/treat/

Building on the success of their last two albums, ”Coup de Grace” (2010) and ”Ghost of Graceland” (2016), which were both released after the band’s reunion in 2006, Treat's return has been more than welcome by fans and critics alike. With the two latest albums having received praise as true masterpieces, TREAT is releasing their new album, packed with riveting rockers and seductive, soul searching melodic rock songs, on a wave of newfound creativity and high anticipation from their fanbase.

But what is "Tunguska"? “The album title is a reference to a mysterious large explosion that took place in Siberia in 1908, but metaphorically and artistically, "Tunguska" represents the last piece of the puzzle to be put in place since the band’s reunion,” says guitarist, producer and founding member Anders Wikstrom. ”It highlights the unique musicianship we have developed together over the years in the creative songwriting process, but also illustrates how we want our albums to sound and feel in the 21st century. We managed to dig deeper into the lyrical content, and musically, the dynamics in the songs and production are more distinct as we let heavy, raunchy stuff co-exist with the softer side of the band.”

”Tunguska” was once again produced by respected writer/producer, and longtime TREAT fan, Peter Mansson together with Anders Wikström, showcasing a band who, despite a thirty plus year career, are hungrier and more energetic than ever!

TREAT’s current lineup includes Robert Ernlund (vocals), Anders Wikström (guitars, backing vocals), Patrick Appelgren (keyboards, guitar, backing vocals), Jamie Borger (drums), and Pontus Egberg (bass). ”My goal has always been to capture the band in the studio when we can reflect what we are like at a live performance peak. That´s why we did not continue touring for another extended period on the back of the last album ("Ghost of Graceland") and went into the new album writing and recording process instead,” tells Anders. ”When our fans hear ”Tunguska”, this decision will speak for itself. When I listen to it, I get the same feeling I had when we finished ”Organized Crime” back in ´89, when everybody had stepped up to the plate and played as if their lives depended on it. I truly believe this is Treat's finest hour! And that goes for every single member of the band! Damn proud!”

The band is truly at the top of their game and songs like the outstanding lead single “Build The Love,” or rockers like the fabulous album opener “Progenitors,” "Always Have, Always Will”, and “Rose of Jericho” stand out as future live staples in the band’s repertoire. ”Every time we meet up with fans anywhere in the world, they are always full of praise for our current releases, which is really heartwarming as we do feel we don't have to rely on our 35-year back catalogue to attract audiences. We feel we are a better band nowadays, both as songwriters and live performers, matured just like a great red wine! After living with the album for some time, I find myself jumping in and out randomly on my choice for favorite songs and for some reason that has never been the case before. To me that's what a real album is about and what makes it worth working day and night to compete,” concludes Anders Wikstrom.

”Tunguska” tracklisting:
1. Progenitors
2. Always Have, Always Will
3. Best Of Enemies
4. Rose Of Jericho
5. Heartmath City
6. Creeps
7. Build The Love
8. Man Overboard
9. Riptide
10. Tomorrow Never Comes
11. All Bets Are Off
12. Undefeated

TREAT:

– Robert Ernlund – lead vocals
– Anders Wikström – lead guitars and background vocals
– Patrick Appelgren – keyboards, guitars and background vocals
– Pontus Egberg – bass guitar and background vocals
– Jamie Borger – drums

Produced by Peter Mansson and Anders Wikström

For More Info Visit: 
https://www.facebook.com/treatofficial/
https://twitter.com/TREATtheband
https://www.instagram.com/treatnews

It’s a good mid tempo track that seems to be building up but never goes full throttle like I was hoping for. Not the type of lead off single that will blow people away. 

Treat is pure class in the Melodic Rock world. 

New single sadly not doing anything for me.  I expected it to pick up and soar and just sort of falls flat.

Hoping the next song I hear grabs me more.

Solid tune with uplifting lyrics, but not as strong as the top tracks from the last two albums

This is a song they could write in their sleep...and still be better than most of the new stuff released today.

Well I, for one, really like that. Super basic track and admittedly a really surprising lead single... but I really dig it. 

On a side note, jeez young Ernlund is looking quite ancient these days. 

I like it, But still hoping for "better" on the album. Feels like a continuation of GOG which I really do like most of, but would lke to hear a song or 2 like something from CDG. Still ooking forward to this and it is definitely a pre order album!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Turbo Vixen - Drive into the Night 01. Thunder and Lightning
      02. No Mercy
      03. Hard Love 'n' You
      04. Cat House
      05. Hit Back (Refuse to Lose)
      06. All My Love
      07. She's Got the Touch
      08. Straight out of Hell
      09. Down the Hatch
      10. Drive into the Night        
    • rocks still rolling sounds like it will be shite but there's still room for 10 other gems
    • He's not on Ebay and I would've paid by credit card. The postage shows automatically as you ad items to the shopping cart on his website. When it hits number 13, it shows $50 in shipment to Europe. It was then I emailed him asking without cases. He has been in the business of selling CDs, DVDs and all sort of things since 1997 and here's the hilarous bit:  on his website it states "Our pricing and customer service is unmatched in the industry" Come again? Fuck me sideways with a banana...that's some amazing customer service. I'm impressed. If I was selling for profit, I'd go out of my way to please a customer. Maybe he's filthy rich or I'm just a small insignificant buyer, he clearly hasn't got time for me. Clearly my money's not good enough although I have bought from him before 3 or 4 times (few items at a time). I'd understand if he was worried about the CDs getting damaged or the like but that reply to my enquire was...unprofessional. And totally lazy.   In comparison: I made an offer for a package of 100 CDs on Ebay early 2018 (seller: a reissuing record label whose owner is known for his antics on this board ), he accepted it and shipped the 100 CDs without cases for 50 or 60 bucks (can't exactly remember). There you go. Which one would you prefer?
    • New St.Lucia album "Hyperion" coming September 21st       
    • I'm sure he has a few cds around unpacked, he could just weigh one without the case and multiple the required amount and voila! He don't have to unpackage 13. But no can do.
    • Track listing for 'Second Coming': 1. My Fear & My Faith
      2. Because Of Us
      3. It Burns
      4. Walk Me Through The Fire
      5. New Life Begins
      6. The Final War
      7. Breathtaking
      8. Rock's Still Rolling
      9. Die Together
      10. The Best Thing I Never Had
      11. Outrun You
    • The seller can weigh the CD's, deduct the weight of jewel cases/trays and add the weight of the packing material. Should be easy, unless I'm overseeing something...
    • From Frontiers: BREAKING NEWS: JETBOY RETURNS WITH NEW ALBUM "BORN TO FLY" ON JANUARY 25, 2019! SINGLE & VIDEO FOR TITLE TRACK OUT NOW! 

Founded in 1983 by guitarists Billy Rowe and Fernie Rod, Jetboy continues to crank out their brand of rock n' roll in the 21st century with the same passion that has existed from the beginning.

And rock ‘n roll is what you’ll get on their upcoming new album “Born To Fly”, which is set for release January 25, 2019 via Frontiers Music Srl.

On the song and video for the title track, vocalist Mickey Finns says, “‘Born to Fly’ is just about the feeling of being meant to do something great, and fighting and working to make it happen, never giving up, or giving in and sticking to your guns to do it on your own terms. Remember sometimes greatness comes in small accomplishments. If it feels great to you, then it is great!!”

This new album – put together by the band’s core of guitarists Billy Rowe, Fernie Rod and vocalist Mickey Finn, alongside former faster Pussycat bassist Eric Stacy and drummer Al Serrato – is the first fully-fledged set of new material from JETBOY since 1990. “The band wasn’t working on any new material when Frontiers approached us. Mickey and I had written one or two songs a few years back, but that’s about it. For myself, I’ve been very into writing music and got very into recording, so I had a good amount of complete musical songs that I always felt could end up as new JETBOY material, and some of it did. But, the majority of the songs on this album were written within a couple of months after we got the offer from Frontiers,” says guitarist Billy Rowe of the writing process for “Born To Fly”.

Rowe continues, “Writing and recording this album came so naturally, there was no struggle at all. We feel it happened at the right time and was meant to be. The spirit of the band has been at an all time high ever since we started this new album. We shared ideas via email and then demoed every song before entering the studio. Once we started tracking this album we all felt something special was going on.”

Best described as a blend of edgy rock and roll with a traditional blues based influence, their new album “Born To Fly” is the perfect vehicle to exploit the commanding style of the bands classic rock ‘n roll sound. “The musical inspiration for the “Born To Fly” album came from a life long list of influences from bands we all grew up on from the 1970’s. JETBOY has always approached it’s writing with a simple stripped down, no nonsense rock n roll structure, starting with a great riff and a catchy hook. This album flowed so organically, everything felt like it was meant to be. We’ve also all really grown as musicians, which really helped capture what we feel is some of our best work to date,” states Rowe.

Vocalist Mickey Finn says the “lyrics flowed amazingly fast, with most songs being written in one sitting. My feelings were to stay true to JETBOY'S roots and style, but to also incorporate where we are at today, pleasing old and new fans alike. My wife was the inspiration for "Every Time I Go" and my firstborn son inspired "The Way You Move Me". Our life struggles as a band and lifelong friends inspired tracks like "Beating The Odds" and "Born to Fly". "Inspiration from Desperation" covers our political climate in America these days, "Brokenhearted Daydream" reminds us that love is sometimes fickle and hearts get broken, but don't let it destroy your heart, we have to learn to move on and allow love to come into our lives again. So, all in all, lots of inspiring messages on the record, as well as some good old rock ‘n roll fun and "Party Time" lyrics make it a well rounded listen!

“Born To Fly” is a fine rock record by any measure, hinting back to the band’s ‘80s sound and 70’s influences, while adding 30 years more experience to the grooves. JETBOY is ready to fly again.   “Born To Fly” Tracklisting:
      1. Beating The Odds
      2. Born To Fly
      3. Old Dog, New Tricks
      4. The Way That You Move Me
      5. Brokenhearted Daydream
      6. Inspiration From Desperation
      7. All Over Again
      8. She
      9. A Little Bit Easy
      10. Every Time I Go
      11. Smoky Ebony
      12. Party Time!

JETBOY Lineup:
      Mickey Finn - Lead Vocals + Harmonica
      Fernie Rod - Rhythm + Lead Guitar + Vocals
      Billy Rowe - Rhythm + Slide Guitar + Vocals
      Eric Stacy - Bass
      Al Serrato - Drums   Connect with JETBOY:
      - http://jetboyrocks.com/
      - https://www.facebook.com/jetboyrocks
      - https://www.instagram.com/jetboy_rocks
      - https://www.twitter.com/jetboyrocks
      - https://www.bandsintown.com/jetboy      
    • For instance Perris Records on Ebay charge $9 for the first item and $0.50 per additional. You buy 20 cds and the shipping cost would be $18.50 (without cases). I understand shipping with cases is costly, I'm just disappointed the seller won't sell without cases. This is the reply I got from the seller:: "Stefan, It just takes too much time and effort to unpackage them, and I really don’t think it would save much if any cost on shipping. The weight of a CD includes the weight of the inlay card and booklet. Booklets vary from 4 panels to 64 panels. The only way to know the weight for sure is to unpackage them and weight them after they are boxed up for shipment. I just don’t have the time to do that. Even if I did and the weight was too much and so you did not buy them, I couldn’t sell the unpackaged CDs here in the states." I just don't get some of the logic. Why wouldn't I buy the cds? And too busy? Must every item be sealed?  I think he's afraid of getting screwed. Somehow.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.