Treat - Tunguska

Stefan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what great news! It's been kind of a so-so year for music thus far, so this just might save it!

19 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Probably relates to the Tunguska event in the early 1900's. (which was even referenced in the first Ghostbusters movie)

Yup!

4 hours ago, gener8tr said:

Coup de Grace is most likely my favorite (complete) album to be released dating back to about 1992 or so... and I'm pretty damn picky.

I don't think any new release can match that effort, but I'm certainly hoping for something along those lines.

There is no beating CDG, but that doesn't mean they can't try to!

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, The Rocker said:

There is no beating CDG, but that doesn't mean they can't try to!

Ghost of Graceland was a valiant effort. 

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is truly thrilled to announce the release of Treat's awesome new album, ”Tunguska”, which will be released on September 14, 2018. Today, the band has premiered a music video for first single, "Build The Love".

CD, Vinyl, and Digital pre-orders of "Tunguska" as well as streaming options of the new single, "Build The Love" are available here:https://www.frontiers.shop/treat/

Building on the success of their last two albums, ”Coup de Grace” (2010) and ”Ghost of Graceland” (2016), which were both released after the band’s reunion in 2006, Treat's return has been more than welcome by fans and critics alike. With the two latest albums having received praise as true masterpieces, TREAT is releasing their new album, packed with riveting rockers and seductive, soul searching melodic rock songs, on a wave of newfound creativity and high anticipation from their fanbase.

But what is "Tunguska"? “The album title is a reference to a mysterious large explosion that took place in Siberia in 1908, but metaphorically and artistically, "Tunguska" represents the last piece of the puzzle to be put in place since the band’s reunion,” says guitarist, producer and founding member Anders Wikstrom. ”It highlights the unique musicianship we have developed together over the years in the creative songwriting process, but also illustrates how we want our albums to sound and feel in the 21st century. We managed to dig deeper into the lyrical content, and musically, the dynamics in the songs and production are more distinct as we let heavy, raunchy stuff co-exist with the softer side of the band.”

”Tunguska” was once again produced by respected writer/producer, and longtime TREAT fan, Peter Mansson together with Anders Wikström, showcasing a band who, despite a thirty plus year career, are hungrier and more energetic than ever!

TREAT’s current lineup includes Robert Ernlund (vocals), Anders Wikström (guitars, backing vocals), Patrick Appelgren (keyboards, guitar, backing vocals), Jamie Borger (drums), and Pontus Egberg (bass). ”My goal has always been to capture the band in the studio when we can reflect what we are like at a live performance peak. That´s why we did not continue touring for another extended period on the back of the last album ("Ghost of Graceland") and went into the new album writing and recording process instead,” tells Anders. ”When our fans hear ”Tunguska”, this decision will speak for itself. When I listen to it, I get the same feeling I had when we finished ”Organized Crime” back in ´89, when everybody had stepped up to the plate and played as if their lives depended on it. I truly believe this is Treat's finest hour! And that goes for every single member of the band! Damn proud!”

The band is truly at the top of their game and songs like the outstanding lead single “Build The Love,” or rockers like the fabulous album opener “Progenitors,” "Always Have, Always Will”, and “Rose of Jericho” stand out as future live staples in the band’s repertoire. ”Every time we meet up with fans anywhere in the world, they are always full of praise for our current releases, which is really heartwarming as we do feel we don't have to rely on our 35-year back catalogue to attract audiences. We feel we are a better band nowadays, both as songwriters and live performers, matured just like a great red wine! After living with the album for some time, I find myself jumping in and out randomly on my choice for favorite songs and for some reason that has never been the case before. To me that's what a real album is about and what makes it worth working day and night to compete,” concludes Anders Wikstrom.

”Tunguska” tracklisting:
1. Progenitors
2. Always Have, Always Will
3. Best Of Enemies
4. Rose Of Jericho
5. Heartmath City
6. Creeps
7. Build The Love
8. Man Overboard
9. Riptide
10. Tomorrow Never Comes
11. All Bets Are Off
12. Undefeated

TREAT:

– Robert Ernlund – lead vocals
– Anders Wikström – lead guitars and background vocals
– Patrick Appelgren – keyboards, guitars and background vocals
– Pontus Egberg – bass guitar and background vocals
– Jamie Borger – drums

Produced by Peter Mansson and Anders Wikström

For More Info Visit: 
https://www.facebook.com/treatofficial/
https://twitter.com/TREATtheband
https://www.instagram.com/treatnews

It’s a good mid tempo track that seems to be building up but never goes full throttle like I was hoping for. Not the type of lead off single that will blow people away. 

Treat is pure class in the Melodic Rock world. 

Well I, for one, really like that. Super basic track and admittedly a really surprising lead single... but I really dig it. 

On a side note, jeez young Ernlund is looking quite ancient these days. 

I like it, But still hoping for "better" on the album. Feels like a continuation of GOG which I really do like most of, but would lke to hear a song or 2 like something from CDG. Still ooking forward to this and it is definitely a pre order album!