Treat - Tunguska

Stefan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s good, not blown away after two tracks. I find the Spotify version sounds better than the one in the video....that could also be my phone. 

56 minutes ago, RockinSockinRobots said:

I'm not feeling what I am hearing at all..  none of the energy of the Treat that I love.  Safe and , dare I say, boring. 

Feeling pretty much the same....Build The Love wasn't too bad....But was pretty safe.  And the next song feels even safer.

Hoping these are the more "commercial" type songs and they get back to rocking a bit more on some other songs.

They're okay songs and for me, might be songs I'd like better in the context of an album depending on what's around them.  Neither are songs I see myself adding to any playlist for extended listening though.

• 4 weeks later...

Bought this on jap import from a seller on ebay and it arrived yesterday,finally got a chance to listen today on my ipod at work...brilliant album,now for defs my number 1 of the year so far,just so good to my ears even the tracks featured here that I didn't at first take to sound great in the context of the cd,fav song so far is  "Heartmath City"

18 minutes ago, lettard said:

Bought this on jap import from a seller on ebay and it arrived yesterday,finally got a chance to listen today on my ipod at work...brilliant album,now for defs my number 1 of the year so far,just so good to my ears even the tracks featured here that I didn't at first take to sound great in the context of the cd,fav song so far is  "Heartmath City"

Glad to hear this, thanks for the info mate!

1 hour ago, lettard said:

Thanks for sharing you thoughts!

Have seen a few reviews and sounds like there are some more upbeat melodic rockers on it than we've heard with the first couple tracks so far.  I mean, Build The Love was pretty good but a fairly laid back tune.  And Rose Of Jericho even more laid back.  I've felt that both are songs that might work better in the context of the album if there are some more upbeat melodic rockers around them.

Feels a bit like what H.e.a.t did when they led off with Time On Our Side and Redefined.

I guess these bands are figuring they want to hit you with something different.  I'd prefer they just come out of the box with something rocking and familiar.

Anyways, good to hear on Treat and looking forward to it.

That's a very very good news. Tell me that Jericho song is the worst off the album. Didn't like it one bit. Kinda killed my excitement after listening to that song.

Is it as good as Ghost of Graceland or better or..?...out of curiosity : ))

Too early yet to make comparisons as to which is better between Ghosts Of Graceland/Coup De Grace or this new release,its definitely up there.

Rose Of Jericho is one of the tracks that I wasn't keen on upon original release but its grown on me and wedged in the cd between "Best Of Enemies" and my fav track " Heartmath City" it just works,changes to the tone type of thing.

Plenty of rockier tunes on show right from track 1 "Progenitors" followed up by "Best Of Enemies","Creeps","Riptide" & "All Bets Are Off" as well as more melodic numbers "Always Have Always Will" , "Undefeated"& "Man Overboard" plus the ballady  "Tomorrow Never Comes"

As I say something for everyone and its sounding so good on repeated listens most of my day and for me Numero Uno this year thus far,hope this answered a couple of the comments above :) 

Edited by lettard

Too early make comparisons as to which is better between Ghosts Of Graceland/Coup De Grace or this new release,its definitely up there.

Rose Of Jericho is one of the tracks that I wasn't keen on upon original release but its grown on me and wedged in the cd between "Best Of Enemies" and my fav track " Heartmath City" it just works,changes to the tone type of thing.

Plenty of rockier tunes on show right from track 1 "Progenitors" followed up by "Best Of Enemies","Creeps","Riptide" & "All Bets Are Off" as well as more melodic numbers "Always Have Always Will" , "Undefeated"& "Man Overboard" plus the ballady  "Tomorrow Never Comes"

As I say something for everyone and its sounding so good on repeated listens most of my day and for me Numero Uno this year thus far,hope this answered a couple of the comments above :) 

Cool..thanks...high hopes now.

The 2 songs released are just ok to me, hope the rest is better.

24 minutes ago, The Rocker said:

The 2 songs released are just ok to me, hope the rest is better.

Oh it most definitely is dude :drink: if you liked CDG and GOGL you wont be disappointed.

Nice ballad, with all 3 tracks being mellow I'd be a bit discouraged had I not read the above positive comments (thanks for sharing guys!) as it seems like there are plenty of up tempo tracks to enjoy, looking forward to hearing the full album

Listening to this today....Got through the first 4 tracks on the way to work, will listen to the rest later today.

Liked what I heard from the first 4 though.  The first 3 songs all are up tempo rockers....Progenitors is nice start, Always Have, Always will a good up tempo melodic rocker and Best Of Enemies has a cool vibe with a nice little edge to it.

I was lukewarm on Rose Of Jericho but it works better on the album...nice change of pace after the 3 songs that start it off.

I think the one thing already standing out is just the musicianship.....Lots of cool stuff going on with just a clean, crisp sound.

We'll see how the rest goes.