What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Funnily enough, the growls were about all that picked up the attention of my ears today. Not saying I loved them... just showed a bit off vigour in an otherwise very restrained and bland band... imo, of course.

I heard the riffs and even heard some vocal melodies, but if you're not putting the melodies (and riffs, as a matter of fact) to any use, or they're without purpose, they're kind of insignificant. I know this "prog" thing isn't about catchy hooks and melodies and stuff, and that's cool if you dig it. But I don't, at all. Like I say, I just find stuff like this excessively boring. It'd be solid background music, but never for listening to upfront... unless you need something to put you to sleep.

Threshold? I sold their cds years ago. Back then , like you typed, it were a regular placebo for those nights of erotic insomnia. :tumbsup:

The Theander Expression - Strange Nostalgia

The Theander Expression - Wonderful Anticipation

Toseland - Cradle The Rage

Toseland - Renegade

Funnily enough, the growls were about all that picked up the attention of my ears today. Not saying I loved them... just showed a bit off vigour in an otherwise very restrained and bland band... imo, of course.

I heard the riffs and even heard some vocal melodies, but if you're not putting the melodies (and riffs, as a matter of fact) to any use, or they're without purpose, they're kind of insignificant. I know this "prog" thing isn't about catchy hooks and melodies and stuff, and that's cool if you dig it. But I don't, at all. Like I say, I just find stuff like this excessively boring. It'd be solid background music, but never for listening to upfront... unless you need something to put you to sleep.

Threshold? I sold their cds years ago. Back then , like you typed, it were a regular placebo for those nights of erotic insomnia. :tumbsup:

Losers ;)

Losers ;)

Backed. Some of the best, supremely melodic prog rock from one of the best rock bands of the last 20 years..Superb band

Losers ;)

Backed. Some of the best, supremely melodic prog rock from one of the best rock bands of the last 20 years..Superb band

One of the classiest bands around. Not that I like all they've done.. but Dead Reckoning and Critical Mass are fantastic.

Losers ;)

One of the classiest bands around. Not that I like all they've done.. but Dead Reckoning and Critical Mass are fantastic.

Thanks guys, glad to see I'm not alone. I'm not massive on the latest Wilson discs but the Mac years are essential imo.

Losers ;)

Thanks guys, glad to see I'm not alone. I'm not massive on the latest Wilson discs but the Mac years are essential imo.

Yes, thank you guys, for also liking a crap band. ;)

I kid. To each their own. Enjoy them. Just definitely not for me.

Tony Hadley - The State Of Play

Chalice - Digital Boulevard

Chameleon - Balance

Cheap Trick - Special One

Cherry Bang - Generation SeXXX

Tigertailz - Young And Crazy Demoz

Tigertailz - Bezerk

Tigertailz - Banzai!

Tigertailz - Wazbones

Tigertailz - Bezerk 2.0

Tight Fit - The Fine Line

Andy Timmons - Ear X-Tacy 2

Tindrum - Drums Of War

Tindrum - Cool, Calm & Collected

Adelitas way - Getaway

Art of Dying - Rise up

You like them, hey? I like the first half of Adelitas Way but the end of the album is really poor. Not a fan at all of the Art Of Dying - very nu-metal. 'Everything' is brilliant and I think I liked 2 other songs, but overall it was very, very nu-metal, and not very true to their style and sound.

Anyway, today was another generally weak one (jeez I obviously never got to the letter "T" in my rather vain culling efforts):

Tipsy Wit - Songs & Dreams
Cherry Bang - Popped
Cherry St. - X Rated
Clockwise - Nostalgia
Butch Walker - Cover Me Badd
Crime - No Cure
TLC - Original Sin
TNA - Finger On The Trigger
TNA - Branded
TNA - TNA
T.O. Joker - Life Goes On
Tobruk - Wild On The Run

Adelitas way - Getaway

Art of Dying - Rise up

You like them, hey? I like the first half of Adelitas Way but the end of the album is really poor. Not a fan at all of the Art Of Dying - very nu-metal. 'Everything' is brilliant and I think I liked 2 other songs, but overall it was very, very nu-metal, and not very true to their style and sound.

I really like the Adelitas way album though I'd agree that the best songs by far are at the start of the disc, Low, shame and Bad reputation are some of my favourite songs this year so far

I also kind of agree regarding art of dying, vices and virtues is probably my favourite modern rock album or certainly top 5 , and the new one is a lot heavier and I too would have preferred vices and virtues part 2 , still like at least half of it though , everything , tear down the wall , eat you alive and Space are really good songs imo

• My Little Pony

Jamiroquai - Dynamite

Marvin Gaye - Hear, My Dear

Tower of Power - Tower of Power

Cain Rising - Cain Rising

Danny Wilde - The Boyfriend

Brett Walker - Nevertheless

Neverland - Neverland

Jamiroquai - Dynamite

Neverland - Neverland

The best way to play Jamiroquai is with other stuff over the top. agreed.

• My Little Pony

Jamiroquai - Dynamite

Neverland - Neverland

The best way to play Jamiroquai is with other stuff over the top. agreed.

Yeah, yeah...

I know I'm the only one on this site that appreciates them.