What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Just thought it'd be fun for all us hardrock lovers to share what we're listening to right now...

At this very moment I'm listening to:

OVER'N'OVER from TOUR DE FORCE...Great peculiar sounding track! Reminds me of early Skagarack stuff...Chromatic chord progressions there...

Maybe a bit cheesy topic...

Lemme know!

:drink:

I may get kicked out of the club for this, but actually right now I've got two 10-CD boxed sets in my office, one of Benny Goodman, and one of Glen Miller. What can I say, I like 1930s-40s big band music.

More back on topic, the new Sonata Arctica - Winterheart's Guild is a melodic masterpiece.

-Dan

Fair 'nuff...Diversity is necessary sometimes! Sonata Arctica...Hmmm A bit to symphonic for my taste if I remember correctly....There's a lot of that stuff here in Northern Europe.

I actually saw Sonata Arctica on one of their first tours supporting STRATOVARIUS & RHAPSODY...I was surprised by their talent although their English was very, very far from close to perfect...Haha

Very young guys at that time but they delivered the goods...

Heard their version of Still Loving You (Scorps) and was pretty amazed...They've improved a lot!

OVER'N'OVER from TOUR DE FORCE...Great peculiar sounding track! Reminds me of early Skagarack stuff...Chromatic chord progressions there...

This is funny......Just before I started reading this thread I popped in Tour De Force too. I'm on "All Nite Long" now.

MJ :D

:headbanger: COOL!!! Fabulous band I must say!

Too bad they're so unknown to many :crying:

:headbanger: COOL!!! Fabulous band I must say!

Too bad they're so unknown to many :crying:

They're growing on me. Right now I'm working on getting "World On Fire"......we shall see!! ;)

Do yourself a favor and get the japanese version...The bonus track "Tonight" is the best track on that album. Other highlights are: "Shot down", "Hold on", "Back to You" & "Forgotten Heroes"...Personally I find "World on Fire" a bit better than "Unreleased". The songs are a bit more accessible if you understand what I mean...But like you, I had to listen to Tour de Force several times before the songs caught onto me...When I found myself singing the track "Hold On" out loud I knew they'd entered my hall of fame...Only bad thing 'bout them is the demo sound. Their style is fit for a great production.

Do you know about their debut entitled "Tour de Force"??? Just found it on www.rillen.dk.

It had a green cover with the band name on it...Unfortunately there was no track listing so I don't know if it's just another version of one of the other albums...

I found the other cds on: www.hangloose-records.com

Great site! Lotsa rarities there at reasonable prices... :drink:

Good!

Can't remember the price but I've just seen the Japanese version of WORLD ON FIRE on www.hangloose-records.com

Good!

Can't remember the price but I've just seen the Japanese version of WORLD ON FIRE on www.hangloose-records.com

THANKS!!! I'll check that out too!!! I understand that this is a MUST!!!

Good!

OMG!!! That site is all in German!!! :blink: I hope I did it all right!! :unsure: LOL!!!! I "think" I've got it ordered!!!

Are you in a bad mood Jason??? :angry:

Where are all your jokes? :crazy:

Hahahaha caught you with your pants down there...Asleep at the wheel -_-

Well, just me trying to be as funny as you there...

Hey

This week in the car I'm playing all sorts of CDs: the new Michelle Branch, Shadowkeep's latest one, Angel 'Live Without A Net', FM 'Only The Strong', a CD by a band called Neve and a borrowed CD of the new Metallica, which I don't like very much. I also got in the mail a new CD by Grand Illusion which I haven't heard yet.

tasha

WOOOOWWWW!!! Just put on UNRELEASED from Tour de Force...Listening to STAND UP....What a track! I immediately put on a smile when the first lines went through my speakers....Man, that's good stuff! Big sound & all...Very professional band!

:headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

lol!!!! This is what I got from that hang-loose site. Can anyone translate, please? Did I get it ordered? :blink:

"Vielen Dank für Ihre Bestellung.

Wir haben Ihren Auftrag erhalten.

Sie erhalten ebenfalls eine Auftragsbestätigung per E-Mail."

Hey Jason, Have you heard the whole PM5K disc yet? It's pretty damn good throughout. Unfortunately I got a promo copy that's copy-protected and I can't play it on my car CD player...

To Bubbasmama:

Hahaha...Yeah I'll translate it for you since German is mandatory(Do you call it that?) subject in Danish schools...It says:

Thanks a lot for your order! We have received your info (Or something like that!) You'll receive an order confirmation per E-mail...

Hahahaha Funny language! :crazy:

Listening to "Too late for Paradise" with EZ LIVIN' right now...Well, what can I say? The previous track, "Body Talk", was much better!

Why did Hans Ziller go and make a new band that sounds almost exactly like Bonfire??? I thought solo projects were made in order to try some new stuff on for size...Well, not here! The singer reminds me all too much of Claus Lessmann...

Great album though! Powerful & melodic metal from Germany!

Recommended if you can find the disc...Just don't expect something completely different from what Ziller has done before... :rolleyes:

Tasha, how new is the Shadow Keep cd you are talking about?

Is it with the new singer?

I have their first two, and they are a good substitute to Queensryche (until they start playing heavy again) Black Tower is great! You must love the first two by Kamelot!???

Danish, Tour de France, is´nt that a bike race???: :lol:

No, honsteley, I have heard of them and would like more info on what kind of music they play? In the vain of Frontline or heavier???

Now playing: Anthrax newest, surprisely real good, grows on ya!

Later dudes & dudettes! :banger:

Are you in a bad mood Jason??? :angry:

Where are all your jokes? :crazy:

Hahahaha caught you with your pants down there...Asleep at the wheel -_-

Well, just me trying to be as funny as you there... P.S. JASON IS THE BEST!!

zzzz -_- zzzzzzZZzzz...... huh?...... Oh! I'm sorry, were you saying something?

Don't try and be funny, that's my job. B)

Hey Jason, Have you heard the whole PM5K disc yet? It's pretty damn good throughout. Unfortunately I got a promo copy that's copy-protected and I can't play it on my car CD player...

I haven't heard any of it yet, just a little bit on the radio. It sounds like you think it's worth getting. I'll have to pick it up.

Swedish Steel:

First of all TOUR DE FORCE are great! But a description of their sound is much harder...Hmmm where do I start?

The first thing I fell for were the dominant keyboards (often symphonic sounding) & the pro vocals. They reminded me a little of Skagarack but with a harder sound...The two albums I have with TOUR DE FORCE are both collections of hard rockin' tracks rich on melody, moody powerballad stuff & their very special "musical" sound. Some of their tracks really sound like they could've been included in a musical of some sort...But it's done in a cool way! So as you've perhaps figured their compositions are pretty big & compact. The way I like it! There's no cheesy 3 chord songs here. These guys know their stuff! As I said their pros....Some would probably say they almost sound like lite-progressive stuff at times but I wouldn't go that far.

Just good, big, professional & original hardrock/aor!!

Only downfall is the production since it's all demo material. But then again, the sound is very good for a demo!