What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

John Palumbo - Victim Of The Nightlife

Carpark North - Grateful

Shannon Noll - A Million Suns

Phil Collins - Hello, I Must Be Going

Harlequin - One False Move

AdrianGale - Feel the Fire

Heart - Brigade

Go Keef! These two made me do a double-take. Not what I usually expect from you. ;)

Today for me it was this;

Taken - Smell The Groove
Talon - Talon
Talon - Fallen Angels
Talisman - Talisman
Talisman - Genesis
Talisman - Life
Talisman - Truth
Talisman - Cats And Dogs
Gotta say, aside from their great debut, Talisman really sucked.

Heart - Brigade

Go Keef! These two made me do a double-take. Not what I usually expect from you. ;)

Taken - Smell The Groove
Talon - Talon
Talon - Fallen Angels
Talisman - Talisman
Talisman - Genesis
Talisman - Life
Talisman - Truth
Talisman - Cats And Dogs

Genesis is EXCELLENT imo.

Marillion: Script For A Jester's Tear (I'd forgotten just how good this album was)

my favourite prog album of all time...........flawless neo prog and pure genius.

Heart - Brigade

Taken - Smell The Groove
Talon - Talon
Talon - Fallen Angels
Talisman - Talisman
Talisman - Genesis
Talisman - Life
Talisman - Truth
Talisman - Cats And Dogs

It's their 2nd best, but at an even 70% it's hardly a glowing endorsement. I will, for the record, note that I have somehow managed to avoid having 'Humanimal' in my collection. Must fix that, purely out of curiosity, if nothing else.

Heart - Brigade

Taken - Smell The Groove
Talon - Talon
Talon - Fallen Angels
Talisman - Talisman
Talisman - Genesis
Talisman - Life
Talisman - Truth
Talisman - Cats And Dogs

It's their 2nd best, but at an even 70% it's hardly a glowing endorsement. I will, for the record, note that I have somehow managed to avoid having 'Humanimal' in my collection. Must fix that, purely out of curiosity, if nothing else.

I haven't ever rated it and perhaps im being blinded by a few gems I remember........

my comment from the main site -

Doesnt anyone think this sounds a bit like Whitesnake, esp 'Give me a Sign' ?! Great stuff tho - Mysterious/Lovechild/Time after Time are the best. Soto has definitely improved with time - check out 'Lost in Translation' which beats this hands down. Sorry...

fair enough.

Yeah, the debut is just a good, strong melodic hard rock album. Every single other album after that just loses touch with what the debut was about. Very few true melodic rock songs and the bass is so prominent in their sound it just gets too much for me. The bass guitarist is an essential part of every single band, but there's a very good reason that 9.5/10 you don't really notice them. When the bass becomes second only to the lead vocals... which it is in Talisman from 1993 onwards... it is just not my preference at all. Guitars and drums definitely take a back seat in Talisman... but more than anything else, the songs are just very weak... after the debut. But the debut is very good.

Yeah, the debut is just a good, strong melodic hard rock album. Every single other album after that just loses touch with what the debut was about. Very few true melodic rock songs and the bass is so prominent in their sound it just gets too much for me. The bass guitarist is an essential part of every single band, but there's a very good reason that 9.5/10 you don't really notice them. When the bass becomes second only to the lead vocals... which it is in Talisman from 1993 onwards... it is just not my preference at all. Guitars and drums definitely take a back seat in Talisman... but more than anything else, the songs are just very weak... after the debut. But the debut is very good.

Agreed, awful discog. My best of from them is an EP. I thought it was just me!

• My Little Pony

Donkeyboy - Caught in a Life

Donkeyboy - Silver Moon

Hurts - Surrender

The Knocks - Comfortable EP

Magic Man - Before the Waves

Agreed, awful discog. My best of from them is an EP. I thought it was just me!

And the best of EP is all tracks from the debut? It would be almost impossible to even get an EP's worth of material from the rest of their discography - seriously, not sure there are actually 5 very good songs on their other albums... but the debut's mostly all good.

Marillion: Script For A Jester's Tear (I'd forgotten just how good this album was)

Motley Crue: Dr. Feelgood

Pink Floyd: A Momentary Lapse Of Reason

Neurosis: Silver Through Blood

my favourite prog album of all time...........flawless neo prog and pure genius.

Totally agree guys a classic.Do you all have the 2 cd remaster of Script? It is great imo.

Dio-Scared Heart

Dio-The Last In Line

Blackfield-S/T

Totally agree guys a classic.Do you all have the 2 cd remaster of Script? It is great imo.

Dio-Scared Heart

Dio-The Last In Line

Blackfield-S/T

Yep. It is great. V nice sound

Dio-Scared Heart

Dio-The Last In Line

Blackfield-S/T

Buddy, you like Fish's vox? Wow!

Dio-Scared Heart

Dio-The Last In Line

Blackfield-S/T

I like his lyrics.

Its his delivery which makes the album so special. If you ever see him live you realise the man has a very powerful presence. Its like hes teaching you a lesson in life.

Talk Of The Town - s/t

Talor Made - Talor Made

Tangier - Stranded

Tango Down - Damage Control

Taraxacum - Rainmaker

Tattoo Rodeo - Rode Hard - Put Away Wet

Tattoo Rodeo - Skin

Dio-Scared Heart

Dio-The Last In Line

Blackfield-S/T

I like his lyrics.

Its his delivery which makes the album so special. If you ever see him live you realise the man has a very powerful presence. Its like hes teaching you a lesson in life.

Surely, Vonnegut is my favorite singer. :tumbsup:

• My Little Pony

Kim Mitchell - Akimbo Alogo

Red Rider - As Far As Siam

John Schlitt - Unfit for Swine

The Classic Crime - Albatross

PC 69 - Electrified

Avantasia - Ghostlights

Danger Danger - Revolve

Code - The Enemy Within

Coldrain - Final Destination

Colourslide - Everybody's Right About Everybody