What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

USA!USA!USA! - USA Demos

Whatnow?! What's this? Different songs to the ones on the 'What's your name' album? Good production? Have you sent it to me yet? Immediately.

Good day today;

Tesla - Mechanical Resonance

Tesla - The Great Radio Controversy

Tesla - Psychotic Supper

Tesla - Bust A Nut

Tesla - Into The Now

How did the Tesla's rate? Awesome band!

CrashCarBurn - Long Live Tonight

Ten - Ten

Ten - The Name Of The Rose

Ten - The Robe

Ten - Bonus Collection

Ten - Spellbound

Ten - Babylon

Ten - Far Beyond The World

This must have taken a long time to get thru!

Ha! I was honestly going to add commentary basically saying exactly that. It is definitely a task, getting through Ten's discography.

Anyway, today it was this;

Ten - Return To Evermore
Ten2nine - Ten2nine
Robert Tepper - No Easy Way Out
Crashdiet - Demos
Terra Nova - Livin' It Up
Terra Nova - Eye To Eye
Terra Nova - Escape
Terra Nova - Come Alive
Crashcarburn - Gravity

Come on, buddy, you actually listened to "The Robe" twice. And you skipped "Twilight Chronicles". Nothing to complain for.

Not a huge fan of 'The Robe.' Their debut and 'Babylon' are very easily their best albums, imo. And I stopped buying their albums before 'Twilight Chronicles' was released. ;)

USA!USA!USA! - USA Demos

Whatnow?! What's this? Different songs to the ones on the 'What's your name' album? Good production? Have you sent it to me yet? Immediately.

Nah, you already have 'em. It's the "She's Online," "The Worst Song in the World," "Michelle," and "Come with Me Baby" tracks from Reverb Nation.

Oh, cool. Absolutely killer tunes. 'The worst song in the world' is the best song in the world... or close enough. ;)

USA!USA!USA! - USA Demos

Good day today;

Tesla - Mechanical Resonance

Tesla - The Great Radio Controversy

Tesla - Psychotic Supper

Tesla - Bust A Nut

Tesla - Into The Now

How did the Tesla's rate? Awesome band!

Yeah, very consistent and very good band;

The Great Radio Controversy - 84%
Bust A Nut - 78%
Into The Now - 77%
Mechanical Resonance - 76%
Psychotic Supper - 74%
I'll finish 'Forevermore' on Monday. The scores don't seem overly flattering, but I do like the albums a lot but I guess one and all of them do have a few "okay" songs for all the brilliant ones.

Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illiusion 1&2

Metallica - S/T

Reckless Love - InVader

Reckless Love - Spirit

Jack Wagner - Lighting Up The Night

The Innocent - Livin' In The Street (Japan Rock Records, bootleg)

Rich Mullins - S/T ( If you like Jesus and mid 80's Male Fronted CCM/AOR then this is for you)

Rich Mullins - S/T ( If you like Jesus and mid 80's Male Fronted CCM/AOR then this is for you)

LOVE him. Does anyone not? Seriously?

Tesla - Forever More
TH Latona - Shake Well Before Using
The Action - Louder Than Words
The Almighty - Soul Destruction
The Almighty - Powertrippin'
The Almighty - Crank
The Blitz - Get It On
The Brave - Battle Cries
Crashdiet - The Demos; Volume 1
Crashdiet - The Demos; Volume 2

Tesla - Forever More

And?

I actually think its one of their stronger albums.

[and no I don't love Jesus or 80s male fronted CCM]

Reckless Love - S/T

Reckless Love - Animal Attraction

Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction

Girl - Sheer Greed

Tesla - Forever More

And?

Very consistent... another one in the mid-70's... well, exactly there, at 75%. Enjoyable disc.

Today was;

Crazy Lixx - Do Or Die
Creed - Full Circle
Cry To The Blind - From Conflict To Clarity
The Brave - Trust
The Darkness - Permission To Land
The Darkness - One Way Ticket To Hell… And Back
The Distance - The Distance
The Distance - Live & Learn
The Giant Leap - Another Day Rising
The Glitter Boys - From Gutter To Glitter

Tesla - Forever More

And?

Very consistent... another one in the mid-70's... well, exactly there, at 75%. Enjoyable disc.

Today was;

ha ha, I'd love to see those ratings.

I actually don't mind Permission to Land

Tesla - Forever More

And?

Today was;

ha ha, I'd love to see those ratings.

I actually don't mind Permission to Land

I bought them both for a combined total of under $6.00. It's shit like this in my collection which makes me angry with myself. If I'd been strict from the get-go and only bought good CDs, I wouldn't have this problem now where I want to sell probably about 60% of my collection. Yet now I've waited too long and I won't be able to get rid of it anymore.

For the record, they fared nowhere near as bad as I thought:

Permission to land - 45%

One way ticket - 52%

Each release does have some kinda cool tunes on it... but by christ there is some monstrous garbage and he has to be the worst vocalist of all time, whether he is doing his ridiculous squealy screams, or singing "seriously." He is a disgrace to audio.

ha ha, I have always been v selective in what I bought over the years - never sold a disc or traded a disc.

I am probably at around 1250 (not sure as loads in loft)......and that is circa my hardcore top 20-25 from each year since about 1981 with a few 'silly' years around 86-92 when I bought loads.

Sure I've not heard everything, but I've got none to sell either!

I've sold and traded hundreds through the years - probably thousands... and I still have heaps of crap. And all the CDRs with artwork too that I have amongst it. What on earth do I do with it all?

And before the interweb, how would you know what was great or not? You really never took a risk anywhere along the way? I took a lot, and admittedly a lot didn't pay off, but on the flip side, a hell of a lot did and became treasures of my collection.

I don't regret my buying habits... I just regret how slow I was in not getting rid of stuff I now know I should have. Hindsight...

And before the interweb, how would you know what was great or not? You really never took a risk anywhere along the way? I took a lot, and admittedly a lot didn't pay off, but on the flip side, a hell of a lot did and became treasures of my collection.

Radio (Friday night rock show), Kerrang (when it was good)......I pretty much NEVER purchased an album which got less than KKKK, Shades records shop( I spent my life in there....they let you sample the discs - actually played them in the shop).....listening at friends houses......

Yeah more difficult I suppose but everything was pre internet

Radio (Friday night rock show), Kerrang (when it was good)......I pretty much NEVER purchased an album which got less than KKKK, Shades records shop( I spent my life in there....they let you sample the discs - actually played them in the shop).....listening at friends houses......

Yeah more difficult I suppose but everything was pre internet

Ha, I remember that, standing in the shop with the earphones sampling CDs. haha, the olden says, hey? I still remember Parramatta HMV listening to Winger's 'Pull,' which just sounded immense. The dude at Collect Records, also in Parramatta, putting any CD I ever asked about on the speakers in the shop. Good times.

Yeah, I guess I just made a million purchases at cheap second hand stores where the moment was either there to be taken, or not. Either you took a risk and bought it, or you more than likely lost out on it before you could reference a magazine or somehow hear it somewhere else. Different times, but I did enjoy it back then.

Anne Murray - Something To Talk About / Harmony :masturbanana: