Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

• My Little Pony
3 hours ago, lettard said:

Jebus..no-one watched anything since January :) 

Took my youngest Son to the cinema to see Super Mario Bros The Movie on Tuesday...really really enjoyed it...didnt think I would but I did,some nice elements that made me chuckle and I suppose it helps that I Know who most of the characters are...loved the Shy Guy & King Bob Omb parts...small but nice touches.

Then I took my two oldest Son's last night to watch John Wick Chapter 4...for me probably my least favourite of the four...I remember know one I knew having a clue what I was talking about when the 1st came out and now they all do... once again nice elements to this one and as usual the fight scenes are outrageous and the look and feel of the settings first class...just over long and drawn out as opposed to the others in the franchise ,that originality that I loved from part 1 has been consumed along time ago...but I still really enjoyed it...for what it was...an all action leave your brain at the door (I'll) kill them all(as John himself would say) by the looks they haven't left this one open at the end like the others...or have they?

Leh. I just don't bother posting what I watch. 

I'm seeing John Wick this weekend. Can't wait. 

And I'm glad to be hearing from multiple sources that Mario is good. Despite what the critics say. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Obviously saw John Wick 4 at the movies.
Awesome as usual.

And in that vein, Sisu looks amazing!

Yeah seen the trailer for this before JW4 looks good...he's as mad as a box of frogs in it by the looks :D

• 1 month later...

Linda Lovelace....forgot the title.

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, Thomas/Coastline said:

Linda Lovelace....forgot the title.

Who finished first, you or the film?

;}

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

Took my wife and two of my son's to see Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny...it was ok...some excellent parts...some not so...overall enjoyable,dont know why but I expected a bit more.

On 6/30/2023 at 6:14 AM, Dead Planet said:

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves (2023) - Loved it

65 (2023) - decent scifi flick

Crater (2023) - good kids film compared to Stand By me and The Goonies and while it is the same sort of film it is not in the same league...

I know Stand by me and Goonies both feature a cast of kids/teens, but not really the same style of movie with Goonies being a comedic, high adventure type film, and SBM being more of a grounded coming of age drama.

Of the two, which would you say Crater is more like?

6 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I know Stand by me and Goonies both feature a cast of kids/teens, but not really the same style of movie with Goonies being a comedic, high adventure type film, and SBM being more of a grounded coming of age drama.

Of the two, which would you say Crater is more like?

More of a coming of age film...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony
On 8/7/2023 at 3:11 AM, auslander said:

Saw the Oppenheimer movie at the Cinema last weekend. Was as good as everyone says.

I wanna see this in IMAX, but it's been sold out the three times I've tried. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 8/7/2023 at 8:11 PM, auslander said:

Saw the Oppenheimer movie at the Cinema last weekend. Was as good as everyone says.

I knew who Robert Oppenheimer was before this Amazing track was released by Sting in 1985.

One of his best that you don't hear very often. 

Since then, every time I've heard Oppenheimer's name I'm always reminded of the line...

"How can I save my little boy from Oppenheimer's deadly toy?".

Sadly, nearly 40 years later, this song and message is just as relevant as ever.

10 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I wanna see this in IMAX, but it's been sold out the three times I've tried. 

Apparently it is amazing in Imax. I don't have an Imax screen near me though, but if I had the option I would have held out until I could see it on Imax as that is where the movie was intended to be seen. 

I found the sound mix a bit poor though as I couldn't hear all the dialogue clearly above the music, especiallyin the first act. But maybe the was the cinemas fault.

3 hours ago, auslander said:

Apparently it is amazing in Imax. I don't have an Imax screen near me though, but if I had the option I would have held out until I could see it on Imax as that is where the movie was intended to be seen. 

I found the sound mix a bit poor though as I couldn't hear all the dialogue clearly above the music, especiallyin the first act. But maybe the was the cinemas fault.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/08/07/oppenheimer-director-christopher-nolan-explains-sound-issues-19288038/

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Doug said:

"M3GAN"  I'd give it a thumb's up.

Hopefully you watched the unrated edition. It's so much better than the neutered PG-13 version they released in theaters. Not all horror movies need bloody kills to work, but this one definitely did.

• My Little Pony
9 hours ago, metalmaniac777 said:

Hopefully you watched the unrated edition. It's so much better than the neutered PG-13 version they released in theaters. Not all horror movies need bloody kills to work, but this one definitely did.

Whaaaat? I'm hoping that's the version I saw, in any case, the film was pretty cool.

• 1 month later...