Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

I had the misfortune to be in the room while my daughters watched Hairspray ... the image of Christopher Walken dancing with John Travolta in drag is one that will haunt me in the wee small hours ... *shudder* ...

Guest Elival

On Cinema: The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey. And that was in December last year. There is a big chance the next movie I will watch might be The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug in December this year. The trailer is a real appetizer, I can´t wait!

I had the misfortune to be in the room while my daughters watched Hairspray ... the image of Christopher Walken dancing with John Travolta in drag is one that will haunt me in the wee small hours ... *shudder* ...

Despite being a complete Walken fanboy, I've never seen that. Would I be scarred irrecoverably?

"Thunderball" (1965)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElyENM6i0xg

Sean Connery's fourth go-round as James Bond sends him on a quest to find a stolen NATO plane with two nuclear weapons on board. The search takes him to Nassau in the Bahamas, where he learns that SPECTRE agent "Mr. Largo" plans to use the weapons to hold the world hostage.

Lotsa beautiful scenery, cool underwater action scenes and hot Bond babes make this a worthy 007 entry.

Despite being a complete Walken fanboy, I've never seen that. Would I be scarred irrecoverably?

Yes. Imagine finding out that Karl Willets likes nothing more than kicking back with a copy of Westlife's last album. It's THAT horrifying.

Yes. Imagine finding out that Karl Willets likes nothing more than kicking back with a copy of Westlife's last album. It's THAT horrifying.

:omg:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the warning. I'm a little bit scarred already.

Devil

From IMDB: “A group of people are trapped in an elevator and the Devil is mysteriously amongst them.” Nice idea, although it wasn’t quite as good as I thought it would be. The characters were a bit cliched and one-dimensional. One really good scene towarsd the end made it worthwhile and it did keep me guesing. The story is by M. Night Shyamalan and I thought it was better than most of his own films. Not bad.

Journey To The Centre of The Earth

Saw this with the kids and it was easy enough to watch, but it’s pretty poor and the most ‘made for 3D’ film I’ve ever seen. There were so many scenes that were obviously made for 3D and therefore looked a bit shit in 2D. The story is a bit predictable and there aren’t many laughs.

Man of Steel

Saw this while on vacation this weekend... Just.. WOW!! Top paraphrase the Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons?? Best.. Superman... Movie.. EVER!! Just an excellent movie!! I Hope t his is the lead off movie to a Justice League Movie!!!

• My Little Pony

Man of Steel

Saw this while on vacation this weekend... Just.. WOW!! Top paraphrase the Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons?? Best.. Superman... Movie.. EVER!! Just an excellent movie!! I Hope t his is the lead off movie to a Justice League Movie!!!

Yep. It's being considered the greatest superhero film ever, and I have to agree. I don't like Superman - I'm not a fan, at all - but this is an excellent film. Better than Batman, and Iron Man, in my opinion.

I saw Man of Steel today and I can't agree that it's one of the best superhero movies. It's certainly not bad like, say, The Green Lantern, but I was a bit underwhelmed by it. The first two Christopher Reeve films are still the best Superman movies IMO.

Going this weekend

Trying to watch Aeon Flux a the moment, but I am sooooo bored. I have had a couple of large JDs though...

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters

The siblings Hansel and Gretel are left alone in the woods by their father and captured by a dark witch in a candy house. However they kill the witch and escape from the spot. Years later, the orphans have become famous witch hunters. When eleven children go missing in a small village, the Major summons Hansel and Gretel to rescue them, and they save the red haired Mina from the local sheriff that wants to burn her accusing Mina of witchcraft. Soon they discover that the Blood Moon will approach in three days and the powerful dark witch Muriel is the responsible for the abduction of children. She intends to use the children together with a secret ingredient in a Sabbath to make the coven of witches protected against the fire. Meanwhile Hansel and Gretel disclose secrets about their parents.

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9246msCh7x4

The siblings Hansel and Gretel are left alone in the woods by their father and captured by a dark witch in a candy house. However they kill the witch and escape from the spot. Years later, the orphans have become famous witch hunters. When eleven children go missing in a small village, the Major summons Hansel and Gretel to rescue them, and they save the red haired Mina from the local sheriff that wants to burn her accusing Mina of witchcraft. Soon they discover that the Blood Moon will approach in three days and the powerful dark witch Muriel is the responsible for the abduction of children. She intends to use the children together with a secret ingredient in a Sabbath to make the coven of witches protected against the fire. Meanwhile Hansel and Gretel disclose secrets about their parents.

Liked it!

"Axe Giant: The Wrath of Paul Bunyan" (2013)

A group of "first offenders" serving time at a Pacific Northwest boot camp accidentally disturb the resting place of the legendary Babe, the Big Blue Ox... causing the mythical giant lumberjack Paul Bunyan (who looks like Shrek on steroids) to hunt them down one by one with a big honkin' axe.

Ridiculous plot, abysmally cheap CGI effects, terrible acting... yep, it's a SyFy Channel movie.