Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

A Bridge Too Far

Johnny English

Very silly film; struck me as Britain's answer to Naked Gun, but more slapstick and not nearly as funny (I think the NG films were hilarious). Still quite funny at times, nice easy watching for a Sunday evening.

I was enjoying Drive Angry last night - ridiculously over the top, yet good fun and has one of the best (i.e. funniest) sex scenes ever - but fell asleep before the end. GAAAAHH! :doh:

Runaway Jury - for some reason I never got around to watching this one until last night....highly recommended....

Love it! Huge John Cusack fan

Hansel & Gretel- Witch Hunters

Runaway Jury - for some reason I never got around to watching this one until last night....highly recommended....

Love it! Huge John Cusack fan

Agreed...I always get roped into this one when it's on...

Bourne Legacy

"Devil Fish" (1984)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afU2PYUMs10

Also known as "Monster Shark," "Devouring Waves" and "Red Ocean" among other titles, this is a sh*thouse no budget "Jaws" wanna-be made in Italy. A resort area is plagued by a series of mysterious deaths and a crew of oceanographers discover that it's the work of a prehistoric species of shark/octopus hybrid. Yes, seriously.

As usual with Italian horror flicks, the dialogue is nonsensical, the dubbing is bad and the effects.. well, they leave a lot to be desired. You barely see the creature in this movie and when you finally do it looks like an old sofa with teeth. On the up side, the female cast members are attractive and spend most of the movie wearing very little clothing.

Apparently "Mystery Science Theatre 3000" ripped this movie a new ass some years back. I'd say that it was well deserved.

"Devil Fish" (1984)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afU2PYUMs10

Also known as "Monster Shark," "Devouring Waves" and "Red Ocean" among other titles, this is a sh*thouse no budget "Jaws" wanna-be made in Italy. A resort area is plagued by a series of mysterious deaths and a crew of oceanographers discover that it's the work of a prehistoric species of shark/octopus hybrid. Yes, seriously.

As usual with Italian horror flicks, the dialogue is nonsensical, the dubbing is bad and the effects.. well, they leave a lot to be desired. You barely see the creature in this movie and when you finally do it looks like an old sofa with teeth. On the up side, the female cast members are attractive and spend most of the movie wearing very little clothing.

Apparently "Mystery Science Theatre 3000" ripped this movie a new ass some years back. I'd say that it was well deserved.

:lol:

This sounds like the most ridiculous film ever made! How did you last an hour and a half?

And as you say, the monster looks pathetic. Thank goodness for totty! :tits:

This sounds like the most ridiculous film ever made! How did you last an hour and a half?

I'm a cinematic masochist, and I also have what I believe to be a form of O.C.D. when it comes to watching movies... no matter HOW bad a movie is, even if I'm praying for sweet Death to come and release me from my torment, I simply can NOT bail out of a movie, I HAVE to gut it out until the end.

I guess I've got it in my head that if I don't watch the whole movie then I'll always wonder how it ended, and never knowing will bother me... which is totally irrational and makes no sense, I know, but I can't help myself!!

"Going to Pieces: The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film" (2006)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oljh6sRKXXg

Way cool documentary that explores the slasher film boom-and-bust cycle of the 80s, featuring tons of clips from vintage films and interviews with horror royalty like John Carpenter, Tom Savini, Wes Craven, Sean ("Friday the 13th") Cunningham, Betsy "Mrs. Voorhees" Palmer, and dozens more. Tons of fun for horror geeks.

I'm a cinematic masochist, and I also have what I believe to be a form of O.C.D. when it comes to watching movies... no matter HOW bad a movie is, even if I'm praying for sweet Death to come and release me from my torment, I simply can NOT bail out of a movie, I HAVE to gut it out until the end.

I guess I've got it in my head that if I don't watch the whole movie then I'll always wonder how it ended, and never knowing will bother me... which is totally irrational and makes no sense, I know, but I can't help myself!!

I admire your persistence!

I know what you mean though, I am a bit OCD-ish with films and usually have to watch to the end, but I do have my limits. Sometimes, I just have to turn it off. It's usually arty-type films rather than horrors that tip me over the edge. I think the last thing I gave up on may have been 'Syriana', which I found extremely frustrating and boring. Wish I'd realised the screenplay was by the same guy who did 'Traffic', which I really, really hated.

I know what you mean though, I am a bit OCD-ish with films and usually have to watch to the end, but I do have my limits. Sometimes, I just have to turn it off. It's usually arty-type films rather than horrors that tip me over the edge. I think the last thing I gave up on may have been 'Syriana', which I found extremely frustrating and boring. Wish I'd realised the screenplay was by the same guy who did 'Traffic', which I really, really hated.

I can probably count the # of films I've bailed out of on one hand. The last one was "Sucker Punch" and honestly the only reason I clicked it off was because my wife was totally hating the movie and I was getting tired of her constant snide commentary ("What the hell is this movie about? What the f*ck is going on? Does this movie have a POINT?" :rofl2:).... although I did put it back on and watched the rest after she went to bed... :lol:

I can probably count the # of films I've bailed out of on one hand. The last one was "Sucker Punch" and honestly the only reason I clicked it off was because my wife was totally hating the movie and I was getting tired of her constant snide commentary ("What the hell is this movie about? What the f*ck is going on? Does this movie have a POINT?" :rofl2:).... although I did put it back on and watched the rest after she went to bed... :lol:

:rofl:

"Shock Waves" (1977)

In this slow moving, waterlogged 70s flick that somehow became a cult classic, the crew and passengers of a pleasure cruise boat find themselves stranded on a seemingly deserted island ... only to find out that the waters around it are home to a troop of underwater Nazi zombies, the products of a WWII German experiment gone wrong. Fun to watch in a goofball kind of way, but far from "good."

"Skyfall" (2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kw1UVovByw

The James Bond series celebrates its 50th anniversary in grand, epic style!

After a near death experience on a botched mission in Istanbul, James Bond returns to active duty to battle a cyberterrorist (Javier Bardem) who's targeting M.I.6 and Bond's boss lady "M" (Judi Dench). The battle takes him to Shanghai and even to the old Bond family homestead in Scotland.

Daniel Craig has finally settled into the 007 role and made it his own.

A Bridge Too Far

Good film. As far as "bridge" movies go, I prefer "The Bridge on the River Kwai."

The Bridge At Remagen is worth watching, too ...