Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

• My Little Pony

With my sons this evening: "Hotel Transylvania" (2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYgzizpCTKU

Count Dracula (Adam Sandler) has set up a thriving monsters-only resort business at his castle, but its secrecy may be jeopardized when a dim-bulb human backpacker stumbles into the place and takes a shine to Drac's daughter.

Entertaining kids' stuff, I've seen better but I've seen worse. Good for a few chuckles.

Agree, my 2 boys(& I) enjoyed it.

Yeah, it was an enjoyable watch. I'll probably never watch it again, but it's good for a few laughs - like you said, Keef. Not on the same level as "Despicable Me," or "How to Train Your Dragon."

• My Little Pony

51CL8mn65hL._SX342_.jpg

Brilliant!

Yeah like the movie, although I'm struggling with the British accent :D

Struggling, how? Struggling to understand it, or struggling to enjoy it? Honestly, I'm amazed at how often I can understand some of the thicker accents, and I'm even more impressed with all the slang and colloquialisms I get. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I never cease to amaze myself. ;}

haha sometimes a bit of both, but remember, English ain't my native language so subtitles kinda help me with that. They spoke lots of slang and very fast, so it's difficult to follow especially for non-English speaker, but many funny quotes though especially in the beginning when Bacon selling some stuffs on the street :D

True. I keep forgetting English isn't your first language. Honestly, bud, sometimes your English is quite convincing. I thought you may be a European working abroad.

The Great And Powerful Oz

"Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D." (1998)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joZODFleOaA

David Hasselhoff plays Marvel Comics' one-eyed, cigar-chomping super-agent in this "so bad it's good" TV movie. Nick's been retired from S.H.I.E.L.D. for five years but is called back to active duty when the terrorist group HYDRA, led by "Viper" (daughter of the late Baron von Strucker), begins plotting a virus attack on Manhattan.

The Hoff and the gal playing Lady von Strucker look like they're having fun, but the sets are cheap, the action sequences aren't very impressive and the dialogue is just...ugh.

On the other hand, Nick's sidekick "Contessa Valentina" (played by Lisa Rinna of Melrose Place fame) fills out those skin tight S.H.I.E.L.D. leather battle suits nicely.

Fun fact: the movie's script was written by David S. Goyer, who would go on to write the Dark Knight trilogy. ..which proves everybody's gotta start someplace.

Hall Pass

The Change Up

Hansel & Gretel

I like it!

"The Passion of the Christ"

My 3rd time watching this movie and it still retains its brutally emotional power. Naturally it resonates better with Christians, but I don't think you have to be a believer to be moved by this film. But as someone who believes He went through those hours of torture out of love for mankind, it hits hard. If you can sit through that scourging sequence without wincing, you're a better man than I.

After watching The Hobbit the other day I felt the need to revisit the original LOTR trilogy. I finished up the extended version of The Fellowship of the Ring yesterday and the first half of The Two Towers extended version today. On to part two tonight.

LOTR trilogy is one of the movies that I probably watched over 20 times, on bluray, TV, cinema, and can't get enough of it, crazy stuff eh, and this made me want to go to New Zealand one day :D

• My Little Pony

"The Passion of the Christ"

My 3rd time watching this movie and it still retains its brutally emotional power. Naturally it resonates better with Christians, but I don't think you have to be a believer to be moved by this film. But as someone who believes He went through those hours of torture out of love for mankind, it hits hard. If you can sit through that scourging sequence without wincing, you're a better man than I.

Nobody doubts he went through such torture, as that was all part of crucifixion. It's His resurrection that causes controversy. But, yeah, it's not an easy film to watch. Especially for us that believe He is who He claimed to be.

Olympus Has Fallen

This is not out yet, is it?

Olympus Has Fallen

It's already been at cinemas here in the UK ...

Olympus Has Fallen

It's already been at cinemas here in the UK ...

Here to, and gone already. I thought you meant on dvd.

"Smokey and the Bandit 3" (1983)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu4Ht2opvqY

Even Burt Reynolds knew to stay far away from this who-asked-for-it second sequel to his 70s car-crash hit (he only appears in a brief cameo at the end). Instead, the focus is on Jackie Gleason's recently-retired Buford T. Justice, who is offered $250,000 to drive from Florida to Texas in 24 hours, with a new "Bandit" (Jerry Reed) dogging him the entire way. Mucho redneck humor (and lots of automotive destruction) ensues, as usual, but everybody's just goin' thru the motions and in it for the paycheck.

Oddly enough, the original version of the film had Gleason playing dual roles as both "Smokey" and the "Bandit" characters, but poor test screenings prompted massive re-shoots that resulted in Reed being shoe-horned into the movie as a replacement "Bandit" at the last minute.

This movie flopped and is considered to be one of the worst sequels of the 80s ... and it's easy to see why.