Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Couples Retreat

A comedy with 1 or 2 laughs (at the most) but harmless and quite watchable. Has Kristen Bell in, so it would have needed to be one of the worst films ever for me to turn it off. :quagmire:

96349_kristen_bell_couples_retreat_press_stills_122_380lo_122_380lo.jpg

here comes the boom - found it watchable so not a total waste of time

Jack Reacher - liked this quite a bit but not one that I think I would rewatch very often

Lawless - liked this one too but again not sure It would have very many rewatches from me

"Austin Powers in Goldmember" (2002)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBcIAuGqOJ0

Third (and so far, last) installment in Mike Myers' shagadelic spy spoof series sends Austin time traveling back to 1975, where he teams up with bad-ass superchick agent Foxy Cleopatra (Beyonce Knowles) to foil Dr. Evil's latest scheme and rescue Austin's kidnapped Dad (Michael Caine).

Not as good as the previous two "Austin" films but there is still plenty of immature smirky fun to be had. My fave bit involves a movie being made of Powers' life, with cameos by Tom Cruise as Austin, Kevin Spacey as Dr. Evil, and Gwyneth Paltrow as agent "Dixie Normous." :rofl2:

"Austin Powers in Goldmember" (2002)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBcIAuGqOJ0

Third (and so far, last) installment in Mike Myers' shagadelic spy spoof series sends Austin time traveling back to 1975, where he teams up with bad-ass superchick agent Foxy Cleopatra (Beyonce Knowles) to foil Dr. Evil's latest scheme and rescue Austin's kidnapped Dad (Michael Caine).

Not as good as the previous two "Austin" films but there is still plenty of immature smirky fun to be had. My fave bit involves a movie being made of Powers' life, with cameos by Tom Cruise as Austin, Kevin Spacey as Dr. Evil, and Gwyneth Paltrow as agent "Dixie Normous." :rofl2:

Good movie!! though my favorite Austin Powers movie is still The Spy Who Shagged Me..... Seeing Mike Meyers playing a very.. er obese Scottsman called Fat Bastard is just classic!! :rofl2: :rofl2:

Good movie!! though my favorite Austin Powers movie is still The Spy Who Shagged Me..... Seeing Mike Meyers playing a very.. er obese Scottsman called Fat Bastard is just classic!! :rofl2: :rofl2:

I don't find the Austin Powers films very funny at all. There are some amusing moments, but for me they feel like films that should be a lot funnier than they are. Great idea, but they should have got some better script writers in to make the films funnier. They just end up feeling like vehicles for Mike Myers to say, "look at me everyone". I felt exactly the same about 'Nacho Libre' - should be funny, but it's just Jack Black showing off with no laughs.

Just saying. :whistle:

my favorite Austin Powers movie is still The Spy Who Shagged Me

Yeah, "Shagged" is my fave Austin flick too... mainly due to Heather Graham... yowza :masturbanana:

I don't find the Austin Powers films very funny at all. There are some amusing moments, but for me they feel like films that should be a lot funnier than they are. Great idea, but they should have got some better script writers in to make the films funnier. They just end up feeling like vehicles for Mike Myers to say, "look at me everyone". I felt exactly the same about 'Nacho Libre' - should be funny, but it's just Jack Black showing off with no laughs.

(Shrug) Diff'rent strokes, I guess. I didn't like "Nacho Libre" either, but the "Austin" flicks hit the right note with me. I love the old Bond films w/Connery and the cheesy '60s 'spy craze' films that followed in their wake ("Matt Helm," "In Like Flint," etc.)... the "Austin" series does a very nice job of parodying all of them, and wacky pop-art '60s cinema in general.

Plus, there's pretty girls and fart jokes. What's not to like? ;)

The Last Stand

"Tower Heist" (2011)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-u3MXkGf5s

This caper comedy is kinda like an "Ocean's 11" for the Recession Era, with Ben Stiller as the head of a gang of ritzy NYC high-rise employees who plan to steal $20 million from the penthouse of a Bernie Madoff-style swindler. Eddie Murphy is a hoot as the street thug they hire to guide them through the process of becoming criminals. Fun stuff.

"Tower Heist" (2011)

This caper comedy is kinda like an "Ocean's 11" for the Recession Era, with Ben Stiller as the head of a gang of ritzy NYC high-rise employees who plan to steal $20 million from the penthouse of a Bernie Madoff-style swindler. Eddie Murphy is a hoot as the street thug they hire to guide them through the process of becoming criminals. Fun stuff.

Yea good movie... Nice to see Mathew Broderick hasn't aged a DAY since Ferris Beuller's Day Off....

"Tower Heist" (2011)

Yea good movie... Nice to see Mathew Broderick hasn't aged a DAY since Ferris Beuller's Day Off....

Broderick, Stiller, and Murphy!

Last few days:

Dark Towers=Excellent!

Evil Dead (Remake)=Why the fuck did a) I watch this and B) did someone OK this to be done. 1 point for having Sam Raimi's Oldsmobile in the opening sequence,, but -1 million points for doing this film. YUCK!

The Expendables

Enjoyed this. It had all the ingredients of a great action film: ridiculous acting, ridiculous plot, ridiculous stunts. Great to see so many major action film stars in one place, although Arnie and Bruce Willis have cameos, so being billed as stars is a bit of a rip-off. Stallone and Lundgren really looking their age, but still good value.

The Losers

Another good action film. Really liked the characters, despite them being a tad clichéd. Fantastic action sequences, funny at the right times; a really enjoyable film. Can’t remember seeing a better actioner for some time.

The Last Stand. Highly implausible but still entertaining action flick. Nice to see Arnie back in the game.

I agree! liked it

The Expendables

Enjoyed this. It had all the ingredients of a great action film: ridiculous acting, ridiculous plot, ridiculous stunts. Great to see so many major action film stars in one place, although Arnie and Bruce Willis have cameos, so being billed as stars is a bit of a rip-off. Stallone and Lundgren really looking their age, but still good value.

The Losers

Another good action film. Really liked the characters, despite them being a tad clichéd. Fantastic action sequences, funny at the right times; a really enjoyable film. Can’t remember seeing a better actioner for some time.

I just bought The Losers and Red the other day, good stuff!