Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

• My Little Pony

Don't think I'll bother posting about serious films any more...

hey i like serious films too, keep it comin, i'm trying to download that sugar man thing you just posted

btw, how do you post a large image like that, what URL did you use? because i used to post pic outside amazon (from imdb) and it only showed an 'X' mark

Cool, hope you enjoy it. I'm sure you will, it is unbelievably brilliant. (I just thought there was no interest in documentaries and serious films round these parts.)

Re posting images: no idea, I just go to an image on Google, click on 'view original image' so it opens as a .jpg, then copy the whole link. As long as it's a jpg, it always seems to work. Plus I look for images that are 'medium' sized, ideally around 500 x 500.

Keep posting 'em. I don't comment often, but I do surf this thread for suggestions. And nobody ever responds to my posts, so you're not alone.

• My Little Pony

Gangster Squad

Still think it's a terrible title, but the film kicked ass. I really enjoyed it. Emma Stone. Need I say more?

Silver Linings Playbook

I can understand why this one was hyped. Excellent performances. And I was laughing at so many places where I'm sure I wasn't supposed to. I have a sick and twisted mind.

Safety Not Guaranteed

Thanks to whoever it was that posted this. I saw Aubrey Plaza and I had to watch it. Another funny and interesting film.

Battle Beyond the Stars

Finally got around to watching this. I had the boys over last night, and figured it would be a perfect watch. It was. It's a great film for the MST3K treatment, and that's exactly what we gave it.

The Hobbit...loved it.

The Matrix 1,2,& 3....I haven't seen these since they first came out and I wasn't very impressed then and my opinion hasn't changed over time, the best thing I can say is that the trilogy is'ok'...

Really?

The first Matrix film is pretty awesome I think. Was ground breaking at the time and has stood the test of time well.

Despite loving the stairway and highway scenes the second film should never have been made and as the for the third?! Waste of space.

Sea Of Sand ... an old WWII movie, set in the days just before the battle of El Alamein ... particularly poignant for me as the final scene includes the artillery barrage that heralded the start of the Allied offensive ... my Grandad was manning one of the guns involved in that barrage ...

Love those old WWII movies...my dad never cared for them though...probably had something to do with the fact that he drove a tank through most of Europe during the war...

My Brother in law fought in Vietnam,he will watch any war movie or doco but won't watch anything regarding Vietnam.

"Detroit Rock City" (1999)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WluOWjUL6KQ

It's 1978 and a quartet of suburban stoners are skipping school and heading to Detroit to see KISS at Cobo Hall... naturally, they encounter a seemingly endless series of disasters along the way.

A funny as hell rock N roll road comedy that captures the late '70s period details just about perfectly, with great performances by Edward "T2" Furlong, Sam "Being Human" Huntington and B-Movie queen Lin Shaye (as a crusading anti-rock Mom from Hell).

This flick belongs on every rocker's DVD shelf right next to "This Is Spinal Tap," "Rock N Roll High School" and "The Decline of Western Civilization Part II."

Man I LOVE this movie!! And yes I DO have those other DVDs you mentioned.. Well except for Decline of Western Civilization Part II..Man I WISH that would get a proper DVD release in My lifetime.... :whistle:

Isn't Ron Jeremy in this too?? as the Emcee for the amateur strip contest one of the guys tries winning to get tickets??? And He winds up puking??? Great flick!! :rofl2:

Django Unchained (2012). Good, but not great QT. Excellent performances by Waltz, Dicaprio, and Foxx. Sam Jackson was good too. But it's way too long and the language (you know, that word) really pushed the limits for me.

Ninja III: The Domination (1984). Silly but entertaining Cannon fodder from the glorious 80s. Maybe the best first fifteen minutes of a movie ever!

Sea Of Sand ... an old WWII movie, set in the days just before the battle of El Alamein ... particularly poignant for me as the final scene includes the artillery barrage that heralded the start of the Allied offensive ... my Grandad was manning one of the guns involved in that barrage ...

Love those old WWII movies...my dad never cared for them though...probably had something to do with the fact that he drove a tank through most of Europe during the war...

Yeah, my Grandad never talked about it ... it's only since he died that I've found out about the things he did ... stuff like how he ended up in Berlin at the end of the war, and was airlifted out just before the Russians closed their half of the city ... :(

My Brother in law fought in Vietnam,he will watch any war movie or doco but won't watch anything regarding Vietnam.

My uncle served with the US Air Force in Vietnam ... he died earlier this year :( Like my Grandad, he never spoke of his experiences ... I'm tahankful everyday that there are men like them who are willing to put their lives on the line for us ...

On a lighter note, saw The Hangover - Part III last night :)

My uncle served with the US Air Force in Vietnam ... he died earlier this year :( Like my Grandad, he never spoke of his experiences ... I'm tahankful everyday that there are men like them who are willing to put their lives on the line for us ...

Amen to that brother

Amen to that brother

Definitely...my dad was gone before I matured enough to understand what he went through...wish I had thanked him when I had the chance...

"Friday the 13th" (1980)

Y'all have seen it, y'all know the drill - a group of unlucky teens hired to renovate a decrepit summer camp all meet grisly fates one by one on a fateful Friday night. Once this flick hit the drive-ins, American horror films were never the same again.

The original "Friday" is often dismissed as a mere "Halloween" ripoff but I've always liked "F13" better, it's way more violent and mean spirited. :D The formula is well worn and thoroughly run into the ground now, of course, but by 1980 standards this was pretty shocking stuff.

I've seen this a bunch of times over the years but have been wanting to watch it again ever since I visited the Boy Scout camp where it was filmed a few weeks back.

51bsN1vss6L._SY355_.jpg61Bu3As1g2L._SL500_SY355_.jpg

Those are movies? :blink:

The Negotiator

Office Space

I needed a good laugh last night. Went to a trusted source.

Oh man, I haven't seen that flick in ages. May have to do something about that soon.

"PC Load Letter? What the fuck is a PC Load Letter?" :rofl2:

• My Little Pony

Office Space

I needed a good laugh last night. Went to a trusted source.

Oh man, I haven't seen that flick in ages. May have to do something about that soon.

"PC Load Letter? What the fuck is a PC Load Letter?" :rofl2:

"Did you get the memo?"