Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

• My Little Pony

28 Weeks Later

now waiting for 28 Months Later ;)

Both are great. Both a very different. Weeks was unmistakably a British film, whereas Months felt more Hollywood. Still great, though.

I have to know how Battleship is. is it worth a watch?

Yeah definitely - just a nice bit of escapism. I enjoyed it anyway.

I was expecting it to be a trainwreck but it's a decent switch-yer-brain-off action Sf movie.

Last film I watched. Jurassic Shark. - Zero budget Canadian shark movie with no redeeming features whatsoever.

"Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" (2004)

[media=]

[/media]

Jude Law is an ace mercenary fighter pilot who has to save the Earth - and his plucky girl-reporter love interest - from a mad scientist who's threatening the world with an army of giant robots. This big-budget retro-futuristic action flick set in an alternate-universe 1930s is kinda like a high tech "Rocketeer."

Visually "Sky Captain" is a trip - the film mixes influences from Indiana Jones, Tim Burton's "Batman," 1930s pulp magazines, and Max Fleischer's WWII "Superman" cartoons. Story-wise it's pretty basic, old fashioned movie-serial stuff - i.e., nothing to write home about - but the film's unique look makes up for it. Oh, and Gwyneth Paltrow is cute as hell as the Lois Lane-style damsel in distress.

This flick tanked when it was released in 2004 but it's worth a look!

[media=]

[/media]

Jude Law is an ace mercenary fighter pilot who has to save the Earth - and his plucky girl-reporter love interest - from a mad scientist who's threatening the world with an army of giant robots. This big-budget retro-futuristic action flick set in an alternate-universe 1930s is kinda like a high tech "Rocketeer."

Visually "Sky Captain" is a trip - the film mixes influences from Indiana Jones, Tim Burton's "Batman," 1930s pulp magazines, and Max Fleischer's WWII "Superman" cartoons. Story-wise it's pretty basic, old fashioned movie-serial stuff - i.e., nothing to write home about - but the film's unique look makes up for it. Oh, and Gwyneth Paltrow is cute as hell as the Lois Lane-style damsel in distress.

Love that movie :beerbang:

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (US Vers.)

I love the original trilogy, so I was a little dubious as to whether this would come anywhere near the original version. The verdict is.... not quite, but it runs is close.

An Officer And A Gentleman

Great film, surely the best ending ever. Or maybe that's The Railway Children. Or Kramer vs Kramer...

Yeah, I know; I'm a complete sap.

shrug.gif

I have to know how Battleship is...is it worth a watch?

My opinion--no. It's like watching a Transformers movie, only not as good...and that's coming from someone who isn't a big Transformers fan.

With the kids this evening:

"Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0REhWXqwPE

Sequel to live action hit finds the Mystery Inc. gang trying to find out who's re-animating old enemies from their past cases. Once again, cheap CGI and goofball humor is the order of the day.

In addition to Sarah Michelle Gellar returning as Daphne, Alicia Silverstone adds to the eye candy quotient as a mysterious TV reporter.

With the kids this evening:

"Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed"

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0REhWXqwPE[/media]

Sequel to live action hit finds the Mystery Inc. gang trying to find out who's re-animating old enemies from their past cases. Once again, cheap CGI and goofball humor is the order of the day.

In addition to Sarah Michelle Gellar returning as Daphne, Alicia Silverstone adds to the eye candy quotient as a mysterious TV reporter.

Good family movie with Halloween coming soon.

• My Little Pony

Cabin in the Woods

Loved this movie. All the slasher/horror movie cliches, yet still unpredicatable as hell.

Believe it. This film has received far too much hate. Joss Whedon is incredible.

[media=]

[/media]

I love the original trilogy, so I was a little dubious as to whether this would come anywhere near the original version. The verdict is.... not quite, but it runs is close.

Yeah I watched that last night. Enjoyed it. Are the Swedish films better then? Everyone seems to say so

[media=]

[/media]

Yeah I watched that last night. Enjoyed it. Are the Swedish films better then? Everyone seems to say so

You should see the other 2 as well..really good. Nothing wrong with the US version at all, I think it may depend which version you saw first, but I definitely prefer the original.

"Fantastic Voyage" (1966)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7f1QTxvz1w

A medical team is miniaturized and sent into the body of a comatose Russian defector to perform brain surgery in this stylish '60s sci-fi. The whiz-bang "inside the human body" special effects still hold up pretty well today. Donald Pleasance is always fun to watch and Racquel Welch... well, she's Racquel Welch. :D

'The Darkest Hour' ; should have been called 'The Darkest Hour And Twenty Eight Minutes' because every moment I spent watching this was a waste of time. It's your typical alien wiping out the world movie with a handful of survivors trying to make it to the water to join other survivors. zomfg, how original amirite. I don't usually mind these movies but there were holes all through it and the acting/dialogue was close to unbearable. Really irritating. Shitty movie - avoid it.

• My Little Pony

'The Darkest Hour' ; should have been called 'The Darkest Hour And Twenty Eight Minutes' because every moment I spent watching this was a waste of time. It's your typical alien wiping out the world movie with a handful of survivors trying to make it to the water to join other survivors. zomfg, how original amirite. I don't usually mind these movies but there were holes all through it and the acting/dialogue was close to unbearable. Really irritating. Shitty movie - avoid it.

It had so much potential, though. Really sad.

"The Dead" (2010)

Interesting variation on the zombie genre follows a stranded U.S. engineer and a local militia deserter as they battle their way across the undead-infested African badlands.

Drags on a bit longer than it needs to but there's some real suspense here, as well as some suitably nasty zombie carnage FX. Worth a look.